Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Good bye cricket

Feedback Score

Good bye cricket

If I have a MetroPCS iPhone 6s Plus could I use that on Visible? It's not on their service atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahroo View Post
    If I have a MetroPCS iPhone 6s Plus could I use that on Visible? It's not on their service atm.
    If it's unlocked, you should be able to. Visible supports 6S/6S Plus and the model sold in the US was compatible with all four major carriers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    If it's unlocked, you should be able to. Visible supports 6S/6S Plus and the model sold in the US was compatible with all four major carriers.
    How do I get it unlocked when I don't have any service on this device and haven't for a while?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    How do I get it unlocked when I don't have any service on this device and haven't for a while?
    Every carrier has their own policies, and you have to work with them to do it - many will do it if the device was paid off and on a functioning account in the past. I'm not familiar with Metro's policies other than that a new phone has to be in service for 180 days before you can request an unlock.

For iPhones, the carrier sends the request to Apple and it gets updated through the activation servers (once done, you can pop another SIM in and it should be fine); for Android devices, you'd typically get a code to enter when using a SIM from another carrier.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Keep in mind that T-Mobile USA isn't providing that European coverage- it's roaming coverage. My point was that T-Mo offers their customers a better roaming scenario overseas than they do domestically.

I get that fewer T-Mo (US) customers travel abroad than travel in the US, so the total cost of providing international roaming is probably much less than providing domestic roaming, but that's a double-edged sword.
    All the people I know on T-Mobile keep it primarily because of the international roaming, but they complain about domestic coverage to some extent (like you). International data is a very popular feature. I don't know if T-Mobile is paying real money to the carriers in other countries or providing reciprocal roaming in the U.S., probably a combination of both.

Even after I decided that when traveling abroad that I wanted high-speed data at least T-Mobile's throttled data could get me by until I could by a local SIM card with high speed data. Now I have Vodafone UK SIM cards that don't expire so at least I have the EU covered. For Asia it's more difficult though. You can order some Asian SIM cards on eBay and Amazon but they aren't very good deals. Or you can buy a global SIM card like Truphone, though the costs for data are generally quite high.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score

If it’s been more than 180 days since the phone was activated, the phone should have automatically unlocked. Type the IMEI into the Sprint BYOD checker and it will tell you if the phone’s unlocked or not.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Yep. We dared level a slight bit of criticism at the almighty T-Mobile, so we're clearly "making stuff up"...
    Sigh, you have more patience than I do to respond to that kind of stuff. For me, it's one more poster for the ignore list.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score

Good bye cricket

Just quick update after one full month with Visible!
    I just paid the 2nd month bill $25 this morning, autopay set and forget the rest. It charges automatically 2 days before due date just like Cricket.
    As far as service and features, everything works no issue whatsoever. Well i think i made the perfect decision porting to Visible , really enjoy the service.
    Also many thanks to people who recommended free 1.1.1.1 cloud fare app to use with Visible data, it really helps stabilize the on and off data issue some have complained or encountered. The VPN app is a free life-hack
    So Just a quick update to let you all know, Visible works no regrets. Thanks for all discussion in this thread. Amazing!

Feedback Score
    If I have a MetroPCS iPhone 6s Plus could I use that on Visible?
    Contact Metro and tell them you want the phone unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Interesting. As it has always been, it’s all about location but my experience is the complete opposite. I had Verizon prepaid for 3 years and never once did I experience speeds like that. 99% of the time I was never throttled down. AT&T on the other hand, sucks. Where I live AT&T becomes unusable during the day while Visible speeds are flying high. My service with them has improved a lot. I use AT&T on my iPad and I can’t do much during the day. It’s rather frustrating but I only pay $20 for the service so I can’t complain too much. I may switch it to Visible at some point. Some have said it works on iPads. I’ll have to search for that post and find out for sure.

But as mentioned, it’s all based on location.

Edit: right now it’s Monday morning at 08:42 and AT&T is already super slow. It usually doesn’t become usable again until after 8 at night. A year ago they used to work well. A year ago before that they were faster than the other 3 carriers here.

Interesting. I haven't seen too many people complain about ATT prepaid speeds. Quite the contrary, I get stellar speeds because it works as well as Cricket, but better. I never had slow speeds on Cricket when I had service. If ATT prepaid had been slow, Cricket would have been slower, and many of us former Cricket users would have posted that.

Verizon...on the other hand, is well known for slow speeds, as reported by some people in just the few threads I share here:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ties-and-areas

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...athetic-speeds

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...izon-caught-on

So I think the overwhelming evidence is that Verizon's network deprioritizes heavily compared to ATT and is reported by more people than I have seen on ATT.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Just received the said and stated $100 gift card from Visible today exactly 1 week and a few days after paying the second month bill. Everything is according to what stated on Visible website during sign up.
    Just another update. Everything is going well, great and very happy with service so far into second month.
    Regards.

Feedback Score
    Getting ready to swap for one of those ZTE A7s. Someone can shoot me a referral code if they want the $20.00 added to their account.

Feedback Score
    Visible sucks. I'm glad I tried only one number with them as I discovered that Verizon still has lots of 3G areas that Visible cannot access here in N. California, Nevada, Oregon. Data speeds were S L O W, zero customer service and one would think a cellular communications company could at least spend some money on a phone number..apparently not. Emails go unanswered for days or no reply at all. I was double billed and c/s was unable to change it on their website or app and told me to just let the charge go through and they will refund. Laughable. Another negative is that there is no way to delete a credit card, only replace it with another. Their churn rate is horrible as people discover their faults. People I work with have been there and switched out as I have.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if Visible is de-prioritized as much as Red Pocket Verizon? If so I can see why some users are so disappointed. My data slows to a crawl at work after 9:00 AM. It's like someone flips a switch right @ 9 as data is fast right up till then. . . . . .

My Red Pocket ATT lines never slow down to the same degree.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    I wonder if Visible is de-prioritized as much as Red Pocket Verizon? If so I can see why some users are so disappointed. My data slows to a crawl at work after 9:00 AM. It's like someone flips a switch right @ 9 as data is fast right up till then. . . . . .

My Red Pocket ATT lines never slow down to the same degree.
    The main thing that contributes to slower speeds is the cloud. Different setup.

iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast