Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Good bye cricket

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Head on over to Reddit. That sub is blowing up with offers and requests to join. You’d find a 4th person within minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Freak! Will do , my other two I have to convince them that they pay their own bill, etc. lol...happy holidays

Feedback Score
    The Visible groups could be 4 people minimum to max of 10 people. That way there'd be plenty of leeway so everybody still pays $25 if people drop off.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    I really wish that most staunch defender of GoPhone would come back. He was awesome. I was a GoPhone user too and then made the move to Cricket. Was enjoying the grandfathered 5/100 plan until my renter line just left. For now I will stay on but will be open to other options too over time, especially if my Cricket data gets too slow. Maybe with Visible taking off, AT&T will have to get creative with Cricket and up the speed caps or something. Here's to hoping....

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    The speed is get is around 2-10 mbps both down and up, I asked Visible about this they said no member is capped on speed. So far it works everything streaming in car BT, etc seamless no problem for hours, I m happy, it fixed what Cricket failed.
    I checked around most people in central FL get about this speed 2-10mbps, but some folks in other cities get up to 160 mbps, so it really depends where you live and tower locations. I don’t complain as long as my service works, I m good happy hog. What do you think about hotspot?
    I like it a lot. It works very well. Great to see you both here and Reddit , your posts helped my decision also though not the main factor to switch to be honest, I switched because Cricket data went south on me. Agreed best deal in town provided people do it right.
    Agreed about the slow Cricket data. I think that AT&T is torn between competing with Visible on speed and continuing to de-feature Cricket enough that its AT&T postpaid customers don't switch to Cricket.

Since I couldn't use Visible with three of the phones we have, when I left T-Mobile I went with Verizon MVNO Total Wireless. I had no problem with T-Mobiles LTE speeds, but the coverage basically sucked.

The speeds on Total Wireless are far better than what you show with Visible, more than four times faster and much lower latency, plus Total Wireless is slightly less expensive. There are less expensive MVNOs but I can't use one that is on T-Mobile or Sprint so providers like Mint are not an option.

Name:  st.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  25.0 KB
    Last edited by CanadianAngela; 12-21-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Feedback Score
    I'd probably give Visible a try but I spend to much time in a few Verizon dead spots. So far, the 25gb At&t/Walmart plan has been a pretty decent Cricket replacement. Been paying about $34.00 per month by using discounted refill cards. I use most of my data for hotspot so At&t Prepaid is a nice fit for me so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    I m iPhone person so I only can tell you my side of iPhone. Any unlocked iphone can go to visible, the only caveat is how you activate it with visible sim, it’s kinda tricky cause visible app has to be open only when activating sim. They have 11 steps instructions sent via email when account setup. Activation differs from cricket, but once you do it right you get confirmation then it’s all golden!
    Hotspot works
    Wifi call works
    Unlimited data
    Unlimited text calls.
    Totally Verizon
    Best part is Verizon indoor signal is the best.

Take you time may be cricket change again for better who knows but I m visible for good for now
    Hope this help
    Not all iPhones are totally compatible on Visible. There are sub models of most iPhones and depending on which one you have, some are more compatible than others. My iPhone 7 (A1778) supports some of Visibles LTE bands but none of their 3G bands. Here in Oregon no 3G coverage outside of populated areas is a deal breaker for me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blufkin View Post
    Not all iPhones are totally compatible on Visible. There are sub models of most iPhones and depending on which one you have, some are more compatible than others. My iPhone 7 (A1778) supports some of Visibles LTE bands but none of their 3G bands. Here in Oregon no 3G coverage outside of populated areas is a deal breaker for me.
    While there are a few models that are incompatible with Visible, no iPhones will get 3G service with Visible—it only works on Verizon's native LTE network. Because of this, you can bring an 8/8 Plus/X with the Intel modem (no CDMA hardware).

Feedback Score
    So I just checked on Visible's website and my brand new S10 "isn't compatible at this time"

Is that cause it is locked to Cricket and the system knows that, or is Visible not allowing S10s on its network that weren't purchased from them?

Feedback Score
    yeah, no love for my S10+ or my wife's S9+, either. She's on Cricket, I'm on T-Mo.

So, if Visible doesn't want to allow perfectly good LTE phones on their network, that's their problem. No way am I going to yank and bank on my phone selection for them. That makes it significantly more expensive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    yeah, no love for my S10+ or my wife's S9+, either. She's on Cricket, I'm on T-Mo.

So, if Visible doesn't want to allow perfectly good LTE phones on their network, that's their problem. No way am I going to yank and bank on my phone selection for them. That makes it significantly more expensive.
    I mean the S10 and S9 are such specialty, fringe phones so I understand. It would be different if they were not accepting the most prevalent phones from the largest phone manufacturer in the world or something. That would be crazy.....hahaha

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I switched to Mint for exactly this reason. Great service, low rates, hotspot included. Haven’t looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    All cults must finally die. AIO and Cricket was really good to us. We had low family rates and plans that just got better and better. We supported and defended Cricket, especially over GoPhone. Heck we paid $20 per line and was happy we didn’t have to suffer with Tmobile sucky signal. Then something happened.... nothing! Cricket has no new plans, no free hotspot and the worse thing data started to suck. Without data we had to search elsewhere. I went to the new ATT Prepaid which cost $3 per line more but with free hotspot. Others went to Mint who has decent tmobile signal, while some are going to Visible. It’s been a fun ride but the whole point of prepaid was to go where the best deal is. We are not beholden to any company but we will defend our current company because, we’ll it’s fun!

Happy Holidays all!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ChazzMatt. You have to love the screenshots with pointing arrows. I think one time he posted a plate full of worms? Loved the passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I really wish that most staunch defender of GoPhone would come back. He was awesome. I was a GoPhone user too and then made the move to Cricket. Was enjoying the grandfathered 5/100 plan until my renter line just left. For now I will stay on but will be open to other options too over time, especially if my Cricket data gets too slow. Maybe with Visible taking off, AT&T will have to get creative with Cricket and up the speed caps or something. Here's to hoping....

Feedback Score

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    ChazzMatt. You have to love the screenshots with pointing arrows. I think one time he posted a plate full of worms? Loved the passion.
    Yes ChazzMatt. I was blanking on his name. He loved talking about the proxy servers on Cricket that slowed speeds and added huge latency vs "pure" ATT "straight from the towers" with GoPhone. And the steak dinner analogy. Funny guy.

Feedback Score
    I think at&t would be better off served by combining cricket and prepaid. Split the price differences so prepaid gets a slight price drop and cricket would get a slight increase, but give everyone the features of prepaid. One brand, easier to manage, and would keep cricket customers from jumping ship.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    All cults must finally die. AIO and Cricket was really good to us. We had low family rates and plans that just got better and better. We supported and defended Cricket, especially over GoPhone. Heck we paid $20 per line and was happy we didn’t have to suffer with Tmobile sucky signal. Then something happened.... nothing! Cricket has no new plans, no free hotspot and the worse thing data started to suck. Without data we had to search elsewhere. I went to the new ATT Prepaid which cost $3 per line more but with free hotspot. Others went to Mint who has decent tmobile signal, while some are going to Visible. It’s been a fun ride but the whole point of prepaid was to go where the best deal is. We are not beholden to any company but we will defend our current company because, we’ll it’s fun!

Happy Holidays all!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I think that AT&T's goal is to close down Cricket and migrate its customers to AT&T prepaid. Maintaining two separate prepaid businesses, with all the overhead and all the advertising and marketing is not efficient.

They know that few people will move to a T-Mobile MVNO or Sprint MVNO and put up with, as you so eloquently put it, a "sucky signal." Cricket's and AT&T Prepaid's real competition is Verizon's Visible service and a handful of MVNOs that operate on AT&T or Verizon and have good family plans, like Consumer Cellular and Total Wireless.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast