Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Good bye cricket

Feedback Score
    You know, this Visible thing--and the people flocking to it because it's cheaper and then going onto forums to reinforce their beliefs by saying "oh, it's so much better!"--makes me think of Geico Insurance.

Google it. See what their scam is after you get all those "savings" in year 1.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Its easy to get frustrated and take service and etc issues personally and blame carriers, which is both true and unrealistic.

When someone asks "what's the best carrier", the most accurate unbiased answer it's the one that best for your situation.

More than likely no carrier purposly designs a system likely to have issues
    At the same time, cellular is a radio system, and without a tower on every corner, 100% coverage is unlikely, plus all the other potential issues.
    I've currently got coverage issues at my home with both cricket and vision,but good else where. Oddly,my metro is perfect at my home, but has some issues else where.

My cricket and vzw service was great in the past, but something has changed. I'm sure both carriers have made decisions which provides best coverage to the biggest part of a service area,but there will always be some weak areas. It's just not cost effective to get 100% coverage.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Duplicate.,..

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    except for the hotspot, which is capped at 5.
    Actually, that is incorrect. Since the very beginning I have noticed full data speeds with hotspot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    well, formally it's capped at 5.

Which means that at any time, you can find yourself without full speed hotspot--and without anything you can do about it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Actually, that is incorrect. Since the very beginning I have noticed full data speeds with hotspot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Same here - no hotspot speed cap.

Feedback Score
    well, formally it's capped at 5.

Which means that at any time, you can find yourself without full speed hotspot--and without anything you can do about it.
    You could switch...

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    You know, this Visible thing--and the people flocking to it because it's cheaper and then going onto forums to reinforce their beliefs by saying "oh, it's so much better!"--makes me think of Geico Insurance.

Google it. See what their scam is after you get all those "savings" in year 1.
    Visible has been around for almost two years now and they've made some tweaks to service and payments, mostly all positive. Between some outages, porting issues, limited support, there are some areas where it can be a crapshoot. Other people have had great experiences and it seems that some of their people actually will engage a bit on here and Reddit...I suspect if this was frowned upon, they'd be told to knock that off.

However, it does seem like they have some autonomy and Verizon isn't too concerned with it cannibalizing Verizon Prepaid (or postpaid for that matter). It reminds me a lot of AT&T's approach with Aio back in 2013, and despite some areas having really terrible deprioritization (which seems to be the case for many lower-tier services on Verizon especially), people have been reporting a range of usable speeds (5Mbps all the way up to 200Mbps+). It seems like it's really designed to compete head-to-head with Cricket, but the marketing/positioning seems to be that it's the fun, cool provider, rather than the dirt-cheap option (again, reminds me a lot of Aio).

While there may be some concerns of Verizon being "evil" and doing something terrible with this once people have joined, I think that fear could be placed on any carrier. If things get bad, you could port out. I'm more concerned that AT&T seems more desperate these days (trying to pay down the debts), and also seems fine with losing non-premium customers. This has been demonstrated by the DirecTV Now/AT&T TV Now price hikes to make it painful for customers on grandfathered promos...could it translate over to AT&T Prepaid or Cricket?

Nonetheless, I've been running some sort of AT&T service for a long time (AT&T postpaid->Cricket->AT&T Prepaid) with a few flirtations with T-Mobile thrown in. I had a spare line on Cricket (testing out the new Cricket More plan without affecting a grandfathered family account or my own line) that I'm porting to Visible instead of canceling (referral credit + $100 promo card if I keep it for two months). I figure it's a good educational moment and would come out ahead even if I cancel after the second month.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Good bye cricket

Well with AT&T removing Wi-Fi calling on the $75 prepaid unlimited plan, that pretty much says they want to get rid of the low profit users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    All cults must finally die. AIO and Cricket was really good to us. We had low family rates and plans that just got better and better. We supported and defended Cricket, especially over GoPhone. Heck we paid $20 per line and was happy we didn’t have to suffer with Tmobile sucky signal. Then something happened.... nothing! Cricket has no new plans, no free hotspot and the worse thing data started to suck. Without data we had to search elsewhere. I went to the new ATT Prepaid which cost $3 per line more but with free hotspot. Others went to Mint who has decent tmobile signal, while some are going to Visible. It’s been a fun ride but the whole point of prepaid was to go where the best deal is. We are not beholden to any company but we will defend our current company because, we’ll it’s fun!

Happy Holidays all!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Well with AT&T removing Wi-Fi calling on the $75 prepaid unlimited plan, that pretty much says they want to get rid of the low profit users.
    I'd assume they'd cut everyone and outside of some CSRs giving different responses, there's been no official word other than it missing from the feature list. The problem is with a lot of AT&T things, Hanlon's Razor applies. Considering this just happened, it may be an oversight, but it also may be (stupidly) intentional.

About a week ago, there was a big brouhaha about the 8GB plans losing promo data (double data and Walmart promo) and that sorted itself out soon after. If people want to switch plans/leave, I get it, but it may also wait and see what happens when the dust settles (plus, why not nuke it from all AT&T Prepaid or Cricket plans then?)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    All cults must finally die. AIO and Cricket was really good to us. We had low family rates and plans that just got better and better. We supported and defended Cricket, especially over GoPhone. Heck we paid $20 per line and was happy we didn’t have to suffer with Tmobile sucky signal. Then something happened.... nothing!
    I couldn't agree more…lots of good options, leaving some family members on Cricket for now, seems that some plans work well for some, but the amount of choices that exist now versus 2014 are plentiful.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    All cults must finally die. AIO and Cricket was really good to us. We had low family rates and plans that just got better and better. We supported and defended Cricket, especially over GoPhone. Heck we paid $20 per line and was happy we didn’t have to suffer with Tmobile sucky signal. Then something happened.... nothing! Cricket has no new plans, no free hotspot and the worse thing data started to suck. Without data we had to search elsewhere. I went to the new ATT Prepaid which cost $3 per line more but with free hotspot. Others went to Mint who has decent tmobile signal, while some are going to Visible. It’s been a fun ride but the whole point of prepaid was to go where the best deal is. We are not beholden to any company but we will defend our current company because, we’ll it’s fun!

Happy Holidays all!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hey Blacksurfer! Long time no see, I hope you are doing well, and hope that Att keeps its Att prepaid in good shape and not let it slip like Cricket. Anyway, I still remembered i got referral credit from your link back then, yes it was a great ride but all good things come to an end somehow. It’s been great 3 1/2 years ride since I joined Cricket and ported out Monday, as you know that working Data is not there anymore, life moves on and we are going on separate ways. It ‘s been great to be part of this Cricket forum and all. I wish you well on your new journey and whatever may be lying ahead.

PS: I am looking to form Visible party pay group, so far I think I got 3 now, but last spot to make it 4 to make it $25 a month is still up, so just in case you decided to port over to visible, let me know buddy (long shot i know)

Happy Holidays, cheers , peace out everyone, great ride indeed in this forum.

Feedback Score
    hmmmm, I didn't know Cricket was a cult.

Does that mean that Visible is a cult?

Are you all cult members that must belong to a cult or else? When your cult dies, you will jump to the next cult?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    hmmmm, I didn't know Cricket was a cult.

Does that mean that Visible is a cult?

Are you all cult members that must belong to a cult or else? When your cult dies, you will jump to the next cult?
    I go for whatever cult will have me

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Hey Blacksurfer! Long time no see, I hope you are doing well, and hope that Att keeps its Att prepaid in good shape and not let it slip like Cricket. Anyway, I still remembered i got referral credit from your link back then, yes it was a great ride but all good things come to an end somehow. It’s been great 3 1/2 years ride since I joined Cricket and ported out Monday, as you know that working Data is not there anymore, life moves on and we are going on separate ways. It ‘s been great to be part of this Cricket forum and all. I wish you well on your new journey and whatever may be lying ahead.

PS: I am looking to form Visible party pay group, so far I think I got 3 now, but last spot to make it 4 to make it $25 a month is still up, so just in case you decided to port over to visible, let me know buddy (long shot i know)

Happy Holidays, cheers , peace out everyone, great ride indeed in this forum.
    Head on over to Reddit. That sub is blowing up with offers and requests to join. You’d find a 4th person within minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast