Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Complications (of my own making) with the $30 HSN Moto E5 bundle – please help!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    On the E5, is there a way to unlock your screen without using the power button (and without using the fingerprint scanner)?

I tried doing what I used to do on my Moto E2 - just swiping up after the clock shows up on the lock screen - but that doesn't seem to work 99% of the time. Seems like I have to swipe up at just the exact, split-second, right time for the screen to unlock - and most of the time I can't catch the exact second to swipe up.

Anyone else have that problem? Any tips? Thanks!
    Be sure your finger starts out, or at least hits, the padlock icon when you start the swipe. As for the split-screen tip popping up, somewhere early on one of the popup tips included a "stop showing tips" option and I opted out with success. There seems to be nothing in settings for that though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie celler View Post
    Be sure your finger starts out, or at least hits, the padlock icon when you start the swipe.
    That sounds like the Peak Display feature of Moto Display in the Moto app. There is no icon to swipe up, just start anywhere on the bottom of the screen. Stays on for 2 seconds.

Feedback Score
    Woo hoo! Got rid of that annoying "drag window here" message. Maybe I just got lucky, thought I'd share it here for anyone else who may be irritated by it.

I think the trick is to drag windows up there in quick succession and several times in a row, really fast. At least that's what I did, and that annoying message finally stopped. I am thrilled.

The swipe-up to unlock is also working now, thanks to the tips here to swipe up from the very bottom of the screen.

Feedback Score
    Genius. I pasted stuff onto the top screen roughly ten times in a row and the message disappeared.

Now the usual squares are bigger and the clear button is farther up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5