Thread: iphone setup question

Feedback Score

iphone setup question

Might be getting first iphone on our cricket account. It is an AT&T model number of the iphone XS so we should be able to use on cricket even if it isn't unlocked.

What is involved in setting up the APN with an iphone? I've had nothing but androids and know the drill of entering the apn info to be sure all is working. Is is the same for iphones?

The instructions on cricket's website just say to make sure the software is up to date but I wanted to check to see if there are any hiccups that I should be wary of.

Feedback Score
    the apn settings should automatically set themselves once you insert the sim and have the latest ios / software updates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    the apn settings should automatically set themselves once you insert the sim and have the latest ios / software updates.
    Thanks for confirming that. With android, I've found the apn settings automatically created after putting in the cricket sim are missing some entries so I normally have to delete that apn and create a new one. Perhaps the apn setup is more reliable with ios and cricket sim cards than I have experienced with various android versions thus far. One of the benefits I suppose of less fragmentation of software versions and manufacturers.