Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Legacy PayGo -- how to make it actually useful

Feedback Score
    I believe it was a Gold account. I bought the original sim when that phone unlocker was selling the $95 balance cards 5+ years ago and merged three together. I never switched to the 10 cent plan. I did have to replace the sim when I got my new phone. I am told I have to do $10 every 90 days to keep my balance.

Either way thanks for the assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I think the answer (partially anyway) is that you have to have achieved Gold Rewards status at some point with those types of plans. It just being an old "Legacy" grandfathered plan is not enough. The "switch on" would've been purchase and application of a $100 refill at some point. And there's no more changing around with those plans anymore either. Purchasing and applying a $100 refill now (for some years, in fact) won't get that status. It will, however, still get you minutes at $0.10 each when applied to an existing Gold Rewards account. Gold Rewards also means (meant) that your balance was good for a year. Thus why a few of us still have them and get away with putting just $10 per year on them, even though that amount doesn't get the best per minute cost.

Feedback Score
    Thanks SnowyWhite.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    If you are on the $100 Legacy Gold Rewards plan you can keep it but you will have to refill it with a minimum of $10 a year to keep it.

They don't offer that plan any more but if you have it they have Grandfathered the plan.

With the $2 a day plan I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to your question about it.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    Well something peculiar.

First it showed that I had 3 voice mail. I called the voice mail and it wanted me to set up voice mail since I never had before on this line.
    I just figured it was some kind of goof on T-Mobiles part so I went along with it.
    All 3 were different callers with the same bovine poo telling me that my car insurance was something something something.
    Cool, I don't have a car and I have never had a car and I'm never going to ever get a car.
    I marked each call for deletion by hitting 7.

Then last night I took the phone that has my $3 a month plan SIM card in and just did the #999# and it showed me a $0.00 balance. Not surprised, I had a balance of $1.94 on it last time I checked it when the free calls stopped.
    I started to use my Legacy Gold Rewards line and it was deducting minutes as expected.

After I did #999# I then did #225# and this time it showed me that my line was active and that $3 would deducted on August 11th!

So I made a call and it went through!

I wasn't ready for one of my marathon 90 minute calls so disconnected and put the phone away.

Just tried it again before making this post to make sure that it was still working.

So if you still have a $3 a month plan SIM card going give it a try and see if T-Mobile is working on your old line.

I have not tried my Legacy Gold Rewards line today to see if it is back to giving free talk minutes or not.

So for all I know the free calling could have been available around July 11th.
    I just noticed late last night because I got that phone out and was just checking it for some unknown reason.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    I have not tried my Legacy Gold Rewards line today to see if it is back to giving free talk minutes or not.
    I just sent a text to my LGR phone and it deducted $0.10, as expected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    I just sent a text to my LGR phone and it deducted $0.10, as expected.
    I had all texts blocked on all of my T-Mobile lines to keep spam from depleting my balances years ago so no texts in or out.

I was very surprised when calling out was working on this line.

I have Google Voice on all of my Android devices for texting. I can keep track of my texts no matter what device I'm using that way.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Got your msg, Snowy.

This is certainly an odd occurrence, for sure.

BTW, I didn't even know about those balance checking numbers (I've only had the line for 15 years!) . Assuming you just use the phone dialer and hit Send.

Your situation must be a fluke. Hopefully though you can get bonus usage out of your trusty T-mobile line.

I made a call with mine earlier today, and just went on the website to check balance, and it's still deducting (or has resumed deducting) since that time it was noted here that it should be.

I've got about 1287 minutes available ($141 and change).

The phone works over HSPA+ and Edge (yeah, still in my area), and I made my call using Google Voice dialing through. Noted to myself how good I thought the audio sounded. No VoLTE on this device.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Likewise, I saw your message and I checked before and after a call, and T-Mo subtracted 10˘ per minute from my $3 monthly line. I'm curious if anyone else who is close to zero would still be able to call after their balance runs out.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Okay on further trials my $3 a month plan is still making calls for free.

I tried my T-Mobile Legacy Gold Rewards line and it is deducting minutes as expected. I made a 3 minute call and the expected amount was deducted.

I have no idea why the $3 a month line reactivated or whatever happened to it.

But calls are now again free on that line.

To Whacker, yes press #999# and/or #225# and hit call and it will give you your balance and plan.

I don't remember exactly where I found that bit of knowledge, probably here on HoFo.
    I think that the late Rfranzq told me about it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I think that the late Rfranzq told me about it.
    "late"? I didn't know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    "late"? I didn't know.
    I had it wrong happily.

He is still alive and well!!

Last edited by SnowyWhite; 07-25-2020 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Apparently Rfranzq is still ALIVE!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was also going to comment about your passing mention of Rfranzq. On a public forum it's not easy to become aware of a regular long-time poster's situation. Can't remember when he last posted either. Was helpful, respectful, knowledgeable, and regularly present. Too bad.

There are a number of what I'd consider long-term posters that, now that I think about it, aren't around so much, if at all. Funny how some appear to cycle out and back in (or maybe not back in). We should start a thread in the proper sub-forum and see what we can uncover. Some people have better info than others.

Speaking of T-Mobile, I need to score a VoLTE-capable and Band 71-equipped under $100 phone pretty soon. No problems with 2G/3G service in my area, but I'm seeing talk that T-mobile maybe be abrupt with changes by the end of the year.

Looking at a used/refurbed LG Aristo Plus 2 or similar if I can find it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I was also going to comment about your passing mention of Rfranzq. On a public forum it's not easy to become aware of a regular long-time poster's situation. Can't remember when he last posted either. Was helpful, respectful, knowledgeable, and regularly present. Too bad.

There are a number of what I'd consider long-term posters that, now that I think about it, aren't around so much, if at all. Funny how some appear to cycle out and back in (or maybe not back in). We should start a thread in the proper sub-forum and see what we can uncover. Some people have better info than others.

Speaking of T-Mobile, I need to score a VoLTE-capable and Band 71-equipped under $100 phone pretty soon. No problems with 2G/3G service in my area, but I'm seeing talk that T-mobile maybe be abrupt with changes by the end of the year.

Looking at a used/refurbed LG Aristo Plus 2 or similar if I can find it.
    Well it turns out that he just contacted me to let me know that he is still alive!!!!

He said that he had lost the ability to log in HoFo and after so long without being able to log in that he gave up.

But he's still reading here.

I'm super embarrassed.

But I'm definitely happy that he is still alive!!!

Feedback Score
    Can this plan still be transferred from full-sized SIM to a nano-sim? I have my full-size SIM on this plan in my Nexus One but I understand it will stop working soon after the switch to VOLTE is complete?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That just made my day! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, we need to get Serial Port, or martin_001, or frail or somebody to check out his account and see what the deal is. That or he should make a new one to get in then fix it or rename it so he can access old posts and stats and such.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
    Can this plan still be transferred for full-sized SIM to a nano-sim? I have my full-size SIM on this plan in my Nexus One but I understand it will stop working soon after the switch to VOLTE is complete?
    Yes you can have your line transferred to another SIM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast