Thread: one person how many mobile devices

Feedback Score

one person how many mobile devices

One of the members posted on another board topic of HowardForums something approximately indicating that a user should keep another device on which to receive any security code.

"One other" or "Another" device is more likely for someone in a group or in a household. One individual person wants to pay only for one active device, one telephone mobile number, at a time. If one person wants to pay for two devices at a time both being in active provider service, then this becomes so much more money and should not be affordable. There is too the pressure on the supply of available telephone numbers for the many devices which need telephone numbers.

I am curious to know how many active devices any one person has, either or both dumb phones or smartphones?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that someone can keep an inactive Android device and still receive Google notifications via WiFi. I do that with my non-cellular Samsung tablet at no additional subscription cost.
    Last edited by veriztd; 12-14-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    One of the members posted on another board topic of HowardForums something approximately indicating that a user should keep another device on which to receive any security code.

"One other" or "Another" device is more likely for someone in a group or in a household. One individual person wants to pay only for one active device, one telephone mobile number, at a time. If one person wants to pay for two devices at a time both being in active provider service, then this becomes so much more money and should not be affordable. There is too the pressure on the supply of available telephone numbers for the many devices which need telephone numbers.

I am curious to know how many active devices any one person has, either or both dumb phones or smartphones?
    I have eight active out of a total of 15. That includes a hotspot and a tablet. The hotspot is the only one with a significant monthly cost ($24).

I like to have a fully functional smartphone with service to leave in the car. That one is on Truphone with no recurring cost. It operates on the remaining paygo balance that I deposited years ago when it was my primary service.

My daily phone is on prepaid Tracfone that costs about $5 a month on average. My usage is very low so that works fine for me.

The other active ones are retired or bargain ($8-$30) phones and a tablet. They have Freedompop service. That cost a penny to a dollar each to activate and nothing to use.

All I really need active is two phones and the hotspot. The Freedompop service is nearly worthless at only 200 MB a month for free.

Feedback Score
    At this point I'm not sure how many active lines or phones that I have going.

Obviously more than I probably should.

Well this is HoFo.

Not a 12 Step program for the cell phone addicted.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score

one person how many mobile devices

I have 4 SIM cards for data only that I rotate weekly. 250 mb each only but it’s fine since I’m usually on WiFi and only use cell data mainly for google maps.

I have 2 SIM cards for calls texts.

1 SIM card for calls texts (and data but I don’t use this).

3 foreign SIM cards.

Total = 10
    I occasionally get additional when I’m going to travel to a different country.

I use Google Voice so all calls texts are forwarded to my 3 USA SIM cards.

All phones are iPhones (1 iPhone 6, 1 iPhone 5, 2 iPhone 4s) and an old iPad.

I like having all iPhones and iPad because I can get Apple verifications on any of them and sync Notes, contacts and calendars seamlessly across devices.

When I’m out, my data SIM card is in my iPhone 6. My call text SIM card is in my iPhone 5.

My other 2 USA call text SIM cards are in the old iPhone 4s fones at home in different rooms so I can answer calls, see notifications without looking for just 1 fone.

Cost of the fones and tablet - none. They were all discards when people upgraded their fones. I did have to replace a camera on an older fone (that I gave away later) but the replacement cam was < $5. I also replaced batteries on some (usually $12 or less).

Yearly cost to maintain the 8 USA SIM cards = $0.
    I did pay out of pocket when I first got the SIM cards - 0 to less than $2 for most of them, $4.99 for one and $30 for the last one.

That $30 was for a TruPhone SIM card. I got it since Lycamobile discontinued its paygo. I needed a SIM card that works globally with free incoming sms.

Why do I do it?
    It’s efficient.
    Available alternate phones.
    When things are discarded or broken, I have a compulsion to fix them/make them work just like I have a compulsion to save and nurture suffering dying plants purchased by people who only see them as decorations and have no clue on how to care for an organism.