Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Video proves mmWave 5G is almost useless

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Video proves mmWave 5G is almost useless

Since all the AT&T and maybe Verizon fans has been pumping the great speeds of 5G with their non-T-Mobile network this video sponsored by T-Mobile gave a Samsung Note 10 5G to test Verizon mmWave network in New York City.

mmWave is a joke at this point that this Video shows it is almost useless any where unless you are facing the 5G transmitter that is very close to you, it’s not raining, no obstacle between you plus you are outside. At least T-Mobile’s low band 5G works in the real world including if you are inside or even if it is raining. This is so funny how useless mmWave 5G is that John Legere told Dumb and Dumber about.

https://youtu.be/4PLhxYIDwJs

Last edited by frail; 12-14-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Since all the AT&T and maybe Verizon fans has been pumping the great speeds of 5G with their non-T-Mobile network this video sponsored by T-Mobile gave a Samsung Note 10 5G to test Verizon mmWave network in New York City.

mmWave is a joke at this point that this Video shows it is almost useless any where unless you are facing the 5G transmitter that is very close to you, it’s not raining, no obstacle between you plus you are outside. At least T-Mobile’s low band 5G works in the real world including if you are inside or even if it is raining. This is so funny how useless mmWave 5G is that John Legere told Dumb and Dumber about.

Listen dude how many times have I told you that I am 100% for the merger? How many times do I have to say I am for the merger so T-Mobile can put Verizon and at&T ( the companies I'm a fanboy of supposedly ) in check? if I was such a Verizon fan boy I'd root against the merger so T-Mobile never becomes a threat and ends up buying Sprint's an Dish's assets.

Anyway once again

A) T-Mobile itself is using mmwave. Does that make T-Mobile a joke? Why is T-Mobile currently bidding in auction 103?
    B) Show me a statement where at&t and Verizon have said they will never use low and midband for 5G?
    C) Gee a video T-Mobile paid for showing how T-Mobile is the best.

What's going to be your excuse this time next year when both at&t and Verizon are also using low/mid band 5G nationwide? Seriously what is behind your lack of belief in at&t Verizon using low/mid band for 5G? I mean especially since at&t actually launched it today.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Here's one that isn't sponsored by T-Mobile:
    https://youtu.be/cUXUDKb4H7c

Last edited by frail; 12-14-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Here's one that isn't sponsored by T-Mobile:
    https://youtu.be/cUXUDKb4H7c
    Saw that one last night. Agee that today’s 5G is work in progress. Over the next year or two 5G will get a lot of new technology that will cause 5G to surpass LTE at least on low and mid band spectrum.

However I expected mmWave to at least work much better than it does in the real world. mmWave just seems it’s only use would be to be used as backhaul point to point between towers and/or to be used for home wireless ISP with external antenna mounted on the building. Since I live in Florida where most of the year it is too hot for people walking outside except to their car. I just don’t see any amount of small cells transmitters except in a stadium as a practical solution for mobile phones using mmWave spectrum directly to a phone. Really when mmWave can’t penetrate glass it is just a point to point spectrum solution.

That said about mmWave AT&T just launched low band 5G in ten cities. https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/13/...peeds-internet

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Independent video update on all four networks with 4G. https://youtu.be/hMIC8wUbtFM

Feedback Score
    Tmobile will always still suck here in Los Angeles ca . At&t and Verizon are the way to go

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Independent video update on all four networks with 4G. https://youtu.be/hMIC8wUbtFM
    What does that video have to do with 4G? You know results are going to vary by area. Get over it already. What's your excuse this time next year when all 3 carriers are using lowband 5G? Your schtick is getting old.

Feedback Score

Your engineering expertise on these forums is truly a blessing. It’s good to learn something new everyday.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Your engineering expertise on these forums is truly a blessing. It’s good to learn something new everyday.
    Mm wave does seem like its going to be near useless in most applications

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    It’s been out since April. Give it another year or so and then we can decide. Every carrier is going to use it. Hopefully the technology improves

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    It's as shame then that T-Mobile is wasting billions buying and deploying it then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    It's as shame then that T-Mobile is wasting billions buying and deploying it then.
    They’re deploying big time here in NYC , and so is Verizon. Since we have experts here in the field claiming mmW is a joke, let’s have them chime in.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score

The person making this YouTube video has a conflict of interest since they are getting sponsored by T Mobile USA and has a financial interest in pushing their corporate talking points. In addition mmwave spectrum is not useless since it would be good for large events along with home broadband with an external outdoor antenna. In addition 5G is a relatively new standard being slowly rolled out so their is going to be weird coverage variations until the build-out is complete. So I would say this video proved nothing since you are testing an unfinished 5G build-out that is more than likely going to take years to complete.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Tmobile is spending money buying the same mmwave spectrum that they say sucks. That fact penetrates windows. /s

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    The person making this YouTube video has a conflict of interest since they are getting sponsored by T Mobile USA and has a financial interest in pushing their corporate talking points. In addition mmwave spectrum is not useless since it would be good for large events along with home broadband with an external outdoor antenna. In addition 5G is a relatively new standard being slowly rolled out so their is going to be weird coverage variations until the build-out is complete. So I would say this video proved nothing since you are testing an unfinished 5G build-out that is more than likely going to take years to complete.
    Yep just because you admit upfront that your video is sponsored and then go on to say you're video is in no way biased. Then that video props up the people paying you and disparages their competition, that does not pass the sniff test.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast