Thread: Pay as You Go plans -- Data or NOT data?

Feedback Score

Pay as You Go plans -- Data or NOT data?

I cannot figure out from their website if Page Plus Cellular, Pay as You Go plans include any data, or not. The site gives no contact email nor contact-form. Just I wonder, if a user uses their Pay as You Go, does this include data (assuming for web, internet) or not?

Also, there is shown options to buy "extra" data, but this is RESTRICTED to the MONTHLY plans (two of them; not all of them). I am guessing this indicates a user on PayAsYouGo will not have data and cannot buy any data. Am I correct or wrong?

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Paygo has data but it's a ridiculously expensive 5 cents per megabyte. At that rate over lte, you will deplete your cash balance in an instant.

If you have use paygo, just use it for talk and text(sms but no mms) and turn mobile data off. Or use it in a flip or feature phone without internet capabilities.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    I cannot figure out from their website if Page Plus Cellular, Pay as You Go plans include any data, or not. The site gives no contact email nor contact-form. Just I wonder, if a user uses their Pay as You Go, does this include data (assuming for web, internet) or not?

Also, there is shown options to buy "extra" data, but this is RESTRICTED to the MONTHLY plans (two of them; not all of them). I am guessing this indicates a user on PayAsYouGo will not have data and cannot buy any data. Am I correct or wrong?
    Did you miss the More Info links?
    For the $10 Standard PIN, for example:
    www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/10-standard-pin/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you miss the More Info links?
    For the $10 Standard PIN, for example:
    www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/10-standard-pin/
    I did see it, but became discouraged when I found this: http://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/2gb-data-addon/
    meaning, this $10 Standard Data 2GB is not allowed for the non-monthly pay-as-you-go. I guess I will need to try to ask about this to a Page Plus Cellular representative. Still, if anyone here can clarify any of this, try to do so.

Feedback Score
    I did see it, but became discouraged when I found this: http://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/2gb-data-addon/
    meaning, this $10 Standard Data 2GB is not allowed for the non-monthly pay-as-you-go. I guess I will need to try to ask about this to a Page Plus Cellular representative. Still, if anyone here can clarify any of this, try to do so.
    That's correct. You can not do the add-on data with PayGo or the $12 monthly plan. So if you're anymore then an occasional brief data user or use MMS regularly, PayGo is not for you.

Side note: I see they went back to .10 a minute on the 4G PayGo $10 pin like 3G, or was it always .10 on the $10 4G PayGo?

Feedback Score
    rpz1

Thanks for
    That's correct. You can not do the add-on data with PayGo or the $12 monthly plan. So if you're anymore then an occasional brief data user or use MMS regularly, PayGo is not for you.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That info is correct. If you're using the Standard Plan PINs (paygo) as a stand-alone plan, data costs $0.05/MB as described at that link I posted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post

Side note: I see they went back to .10 a minute on the 4G PayGo $10 pin like 3G, or was it always .10 on the $10 4G PayGo?
    If you click "More Info" on the Plans Chart, you see that on 4G, domestic calls are charged 6 cents per minute and sms messages are 5 cents each.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post

It shows $0.06/min at http://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/10-standard-pin/ for the 4G $10 Standard Plan PIN, which I thought was correct. Obviously, they have the plan chart on the plan page OR the plan detail page messed up. Typical, unfortunately.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If page plus had the ability to add data to the pay go or 12 plan inexpensively, it would be the best plan out there. But I guess a plan like that makes way to much sense(and not enough $$$). Most people do very minimal texting or voice and find it fair to pay as you use it. But data gets consumed in mysterious ways.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It shows $0.06/min at http://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/10-standard-pin/ for the 4G $10 Standard Plan PIN, which I thought was correct. Obviously, they have the plan chart on the plan page OR the plan detail page messed up. Typical, unfortunately.
    Thanks Boz1 and analogman, I see that now. I thought even the plan page once showed .06. (maybe age memory). We'll see which one ends up being right on the next renew. To date on a couple very low use phones I have on the $10 I'm hit at .06.

Feedback Score

Speedtalk?

Speedtalk is actually quite reasonable with data and talk at $.02 per MB or per minute on T-Mobile network.

Kal