Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1073

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Anywho, my original statement was nothing is stopping SoftBank from obtaining majority share in the new TMobile, and given softbanks past, I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted this. You still haven't given a good reason as to why that's incorrect.
    You mean a good reason like they only hold 9.9% of Nemaska. Just another example of how you ignore all of the conflicting facts that go against your theories so you can write your narratives. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berkeley and Miami
    Posts
    4,789
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=elecconnec;17110387

    My logic is fairly simple. Three roughly equivalent carriers will charge roughly equivalent prices for roughly equivalent service. See top tier airlines (United, Delta, American, etc.) as an example.

    Two roughly equivalent "big" carriers and two "small" ones (or even just one if Sprint disappears) *can't* charge equivalent prices- the lesser carriers have to charge less than the top tier ones to attract customers- see lower tier airlines (Frontier, Spirit, etc.) as examples.

    Wireless needs a McDonald's for those of us willing to get less for less money. Putting all wireless carriers on an even "steakhouse" pedestal means the end of cheap happy meals for everyone!



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

    The point is - TM is/has been giving MORE for less money. Intl. roaming. More data per $. etc.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You mean a good reason like they only hold 9.9% of Nemaska. Just another example of how you ignore all of the conflicting facts that go against your theories so you can write your narratives. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing.
    What narrative did I write? That I wouldn't be surprised to see SoftBank try to acquire more shares of TMobile based on softbanks past? Yep, stand by that narrative. Sorry. But please, post some more of what "will happen". It's always fun to read stories. I'm sure your track record of predicting what will happen is pretty good, why not.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    This exactly.

    People who forecast Sprints bk if the merger fails don't get it.
    It doesn't fit the fan fiction they created. People can be critical of Son's investments all they want, they can say what makes sense to them, he generally follows his own beat. Can call it ego, can call it whatever they want. He doesn't care. It's hard to argue he's wrong, he's one of the richest men in the world, and we are on a message board talking about him, he has zero clue we are even alive, nor does he care what we say or think.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    It doesn't fit the fan fiction they created.
    Even T-Mobile says Sprint is on the verge of bankruptcy:



    Not surprising that the ex-T-Mobile employee disagrees with T-Mobile management and claims Sprint is doing great financially. Anybody who says otherwise is guilty of "fan fiction".

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n33d0n3 View Post
    "SoftBank Group Corp’s talks to secure $3 billion from Japan’s three biggest banks have stalled as the lenders have hit internal lending limits to the firm,"

    As someone who works with banks, I assure you internal lending limits are real and will need to be offset with collateral. What is a Softbank staked company going to put down as collateral to receive a loan to help WeWork and your idea of lending your way out of Sprint debt?

    "“Sprint two years from now would be a very different from Sprint today, because we would cease to be a national competitor,” Claure said, adding the company would likely have to borrow money and raise prices.Sprint two years from now would be a very different from Sprint today, because we would cease to be a national competitor,” Claure said, adding the company would likely have to borrow money and raise prices."

    Those are his words directly quoted. It isn't some fiction I am concocting here or spin. If you have a problem with this, take it up with Claure who is currently on the board of Softbank.

    Now what do you think he meant as no longer a national competitor. I know what I think it means. Since National means the whole nation, I am assuming Sprint will become a Regional competitor. They have a national G block of PCS and nearly national BRS block of spectrum. Are you assuming as a regional carrier they would hold on to all of that? Doesn't make much business sense not to mention I would assume they have build out requirements on it. But maybe you are right. Maybe they won't sell any spectrum that they won't use and just sit on those potential assets. Like I said, it would be stupid but no one ever said they were smart business people at Sprint.
    If you look at Sprint's native coverage map, you'll see that in reality they are already a "regional competitor."

    Name:  sprintnative.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  49.4 KB

    The only way Sprint is able to compete nationally is by including lots of roaming, at least on their prepaid plans. I understand that Boost does include a little voice/SMS roaming each month as well. So Sprint postpaid total coverage actually exceeds that of T-Mobile, even though they have less native coverage. What really sucks is the coverage on Sprint's prepaid brands and on Sprint's MVNOs. One positive aspect of the merger will be that Boost and Virgin customers will presumably end up with T-Mobile native coverage while Dish builds out their own network (even though all the experts agree that this is highly unlikely to ever occur).

    T-Mobile is at least making some effort to expand their coverage nationally. There are still a lot of large gaps though.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Even T-Mobile says Sprint is on the verge of bankruptcy:



    Not surprising that the ex-T-Mobile employee disagrees with T-Mobile management and claims Sprint is doing great financially. Anybody who says otherwise is guilty of "fan fiction".
    Lol, TMobile says it!!!!! Hey, this girl I am seeing disagreed with me the other day on popcorn being good. Guess she's not 100% loyal and she's got to go eh? Gotta only have people in 100% compliance!! Yea, that breeds great innovation, just find people who blindly believe what you say.

    Can you provide the quote where I said Sprint is in great shape financially? I can't seem to find where I said that. Lemme know when you got it. But thank you for proving my point, see your disagreement only makes sense, if I actually said that. Seeing as i didn't, you made up a whole fan fiction story around something that was never said, but is vital to your argument. Are you familiar with the term, "arguing with a straw man"?


    This is exactly why it's impossible to actually debate someone who writes their own story. They change the ending, they make up straw men in the story to seem correct, they change the whole debate even to fit their story, they wrote. It's virtually impossible to debate them, as they make up what's actually being debated. It's not about if they are actually correct, it's more important to appear correct with their story.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    It doesn't fit the fan fiction they created. People can be critical of Son's investments all they want, they can say what makes sense to them, he generally follows his own beat. Can call it ego, can call it whatever they want. He doesn't care. It's hard to argue he's wrong, he's one of the richest men in the world, and we are on a message board talking about him, he has zero clue we are even alive, nor does he care what we say or think.
    Well-stated. Son is unlikely to allow Sprint to go into bankruptcy, it'd be more profitable to sell off the pieces of it, especially the spectrum and some of their cell sites.

    What if, instead of a merger, Son began selling pieces to T-Mobile? Is there a law against reselling spectrum, or reselling cellular sites? One of the big prizes for T-Mobile is the spectrum held by Sprint. The other big prize is the 32 million postpaid customers that have stuck with Sprint for whatever reason.

    There's one other issue that could affect the success of the merger. Currently, Sprint's postpaid customers actually have better coverage than T-Mobile's postpaid customers because Sprint is paying for a great deal of roaming coverage on other carriers, especially Verizon and U.S. Cellular (just look at the Sprint postpaid map versus the T-Mobile postpaid map, and you'll see that this is true). Presumably, T-Mobile would be unwilling to continue paying for all that roaming, but T-Mobile lacks some of the native+roaming coverage that Sprint customers currently enjoy thanks to roaming agreements. So you may have some unhappy Sprint postpaid customers when they realize how much coverage they're losing.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Lol, TMobile says it!!!!!

    This is exactly why it's impossible to actually debate someone who writes their own story. They change the ending, they make up straw men in the story to seem correct, they change the whole debate even to fit their story, they wrote.
    Are you trying to say that people are entitled to make up their own facts?

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Can you provide the quote where I said Sprint is in great shape financially?
    Was this not you providing examples of why banks should continue to lend to Sprint? Sure looks like you.


    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Why isn't Sprint allowed to get financing from banks though? Have they missed any note payments to where son had to bail them out, or a bank wouldn't offer them any type of financing? I'm not sure I get this argument from people. Son stated in an email he would repay the notes, if he had to. Has he had to? Has Sprint defaulted anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Why wouldn't a bank loan Sprint money? Has Sprint ever defaulted on a debt note or loan?

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Are you trying to say that people are entitled to make up their own facts?
    Lol, I guess they are entitled to do what they want. It just makes it impossible to have a conversation or debate with them. They change the debate mid debate and insert things that were never said, just to make the story they made up seem plausible.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Was this not you providing examples of why banks should continue to lend to Sprint? Sure looks like you.
    Hmm still don't see what you claimed I said. Point out where I said Sprint was doing great financially. Maybe I'm missing it. You're good at just quoting a single line, surely you can do it here. I see where I said Sprint hasn't defaulted on a loan that I'm aware of, but don't see what you claimed I said. Are you telling me.....you made it up??? but you don't write fan fiction!!! Remember??? Lol

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Hmm still don't see
    So it was you that said, "Why wouldn't a bank loan Sprint money? Has Sprint ever defaulted on a debt note or loan?"

    I'm glad we cleared that up. You're providing information that you think Sprint is a safe credit risk as opposed to T-Mobile who said, "Sprint on verge of bankruptcy."

    It's interesting that you're all about believing everything in those internal T-Mobile documents when it supports your narrative of T-Mobile merging with Comcast. But when those documents disagree with your position on Sprint's financials, you can't distance yourself fast enough.

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    So it was you that said, "Why wouldn't a bank loan Sprint money? Has Sprint ever defaulted on a debt note or loan?"

    I'm glad we cleared that up. You're providing information that you think Sprint is a safe credit risk as opposed to T-Mobile who said, "Sprint on verge of bankruptcy."

    It's interesting that you're all about believing everything in those internal T-Mobile documents when it supports your narrative of T-Mobile merging with Comcast. But when those documents disagree with your position on Sprint's financials, you can't distance yourself fast enough.
    So, you don't have anything where I said Sprint is in great financial shape? You mean you lied? I'm shocked!!! Unless you feel being able to secure a loan, and being in great shape financially are one in the same?


    Well, I agree with the internal Comcast documents because part of those internal Comcast documents, was the Sprint merger, and they are following their 2015 roadmap exactly how they mapped it out. But sure, besides that fact I'm sure the roadmap for 2015 could be wrong, as long as we ignore that huge fact.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,067
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    The point is - TM is/has been giving MORE for less money. Intl. roaming. More data per $. etc.
    Yes but since their network is still inferior so that is not an incentive for many people to switch or for at&t and Verizon to make more than modest changes. T-Mobile can only force those 2 to make significant changes if they are on equal footing. When Verizon can sell their Start Unlimited plan for more money than T-Mobile's Magenta plan even though Magenta is a far superior plan that tell you all you need to know.

Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2019, 12:38 AM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 10:29 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. finally, i got the real answers to the a530
    By Vyruz Reaper in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks