Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I'm ready for the sprint tmobile thing to be over. Whether it passes or fails I'm def burned out on it that's for sure
    HoFo mobile app
    Kind of like Brexit. Just leave already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVu7Y5m5JQ

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    you've got to admit there are a couple of people not to be named that get VERY defensive if you even suggest T-Mobile is doing anything wrong.

There are some here that you would think are in a romantic relationship with Legree.

Sent from my LG G8 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm ready for the sprint tmobile thing to be over. Whether it passes or fails I'm def burned out on it that's for sure

Sent from my VS880 using HoFo mobile app
    How does one (who seems to be just your average consumer) get so invested that they "burn out" over such an issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    There are some here that you would think are in a romantic relationship with Legree.

Careful you might get a free 3 days vacation if you say "bad" things about certain people here. Can't tell you how I know this.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How does one (who seems to be just your average consumer) get so invested that they "burn out" over such an issue?
    Judging from some of the responses in this thread several people are very heavily invested in this issue.

As to how that happens, there are theories. When someone heavily promotes a product or service that they have purchased, and feels the need to fabricate incredible stories about how great that product or service is, and how bad and competing product or service or is, it portends a high level of insecurity regarding the purchasing decision that they made and a need to convince others to follow what they did as validation.

For those of us that are not heavily invested in any particular company or its products and services, the whole thing seems odd. I could tell you things that I liked about T-Mobile when I had it, and things that I didn't like.

Liked: free Netflix, free low-speed international data, free international SMS, bundled taxes and fees
    Didn't like: poor coverage
    Didn't care about: "T-Mobile Tuesdays."
    Annoyed by: misleading advertising, misleading coverage maps

I understand that not everyone has the same needs, especially when it comes to coverage. It makes no difference to me what someone else purchases, but at least we can help out by providing factual information to counter the false information being posted by those that are so heavily invested in a company that they will say anything to promote that company.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Careful you might get a free 3 days vacation if you say "bad" things about certain people here. Can't tell you how I know this.
    Well I think that calling people out by name, or arguing with them, is definitely what earns you a free vacation. Personally I've just added those people to my "Ignore List" to avoid any temptation to set them straight.

https://www.drzimmerman.com/communic...-with-an-idiot

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Please add me to your Ignore list since I could care less about the opinions of any Non-T-Mobile customers thinks about T-Mobile. If you don’t like what I say then don’t read it or try to bait me into a discussion like you are doing here trying to insulting me. T-Mobile is the best Cell Network in South East Florida and that is my true opinion.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully in a few weeks we will know the outcome

The judge seems to want a quick trial so maybe they will also render a quick verdict

Feedback Score
    Recent related quotes that I've found:

Here's one saying that T-Mobile prices will go up if the merger fails:

"T-Mobile CEO John Legere testified in the merger trial last week and argued that the suing states don’t seem to understand what is happening. Legere testified that the T-Mobile–Sprint merger deal failing would actually drive up wireless prices, hurting consumers.

The executive explained that if T-Mobile fails to combine with Sprint, then T-Mobile could try to reduce pressure on its network. The company would do that by raising prices to slow down subscriber growth. T-Mobile has been leading in wireless subscriber gains recently. "

https://articles2.marketrealist.com/...-sprint-trial/

Comments regarding the upcoming testimony of Ergen:

Meanwhile, analysts at LightShed Partners—Walter Piecyk and Joe Galone—said they think things are going better than expected for T-Mobile. This week’s witnesses, including Ergen and Claure, could alter the momentum but they suspect investors might have been too pessimistic about T-Mobile’s ability to prevail in court.

Based on details that have emerged during the trial, they believe Dish’s MVNO deal with the New T-Mobile is more attractive than they initially thought.

“Many investors believe that Ergen can be the swing factor in the trial,” the LightShed analysts wrote. “We do not believe Dish has an ulterior motive to tank this deal based on prior discussions with Ergen and his team. That view has been further strengthened as we have gained a better understanding about the favorable structure and pricing of Dish’s negotiated MVNO and after learning more about the struggles that Comcast has faced with its MVNO agreement with Verizon.”

While they believe that a blocked deal could offer a positive outcome for Dish, “We believe Ergen will make a good faith effort at the trial this week to aid T-Mobile (and himself) at closing this deal,” they added. “We also believe Ergen will be more effective on the witness stand than most investors expect, based on our observations of him testifying in bankruptcy court proceedings and watching the State AG lawyers in this case.”

Ergen’s testimony is seen as pivotal because the “fix” in the case is setting up Dish as a viable fourth competitor. For years, Dish has been known in the industry as a spectrum hoarder. The big question is how Ergen will come off on the witness stand. He’s been called an unpredictable personality—one that Levin says could be “television worthy,” in contrast to the usual telecom industry execs. Ergen has to convince the judge that he and his team will build out a network and compete aggressively in the market.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ds-into-week-2

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score

This forum is objectively bad about that, but I've seen forums that are 100x worse. At least around here, people are smart enough to pick up on what's going on. I like when mods chime in on the discussion, but it's ridiculous when mods start banning people because they don't agree with the the mod's point of view, or the point of few of a few longtime forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    I understand that not everyone has the same needs, especially when it comes to coverage. It makes no difference to me what someone else purchases, but at least we can help out by providing factual information to counter the false information being posted by those that are so heavily invested in a company that they will say anything to promote that company.
    Well said. It used to be the Verizon fanboys, and now it's T-Mobile. At least Verizon did have the best coverage on average across the country at the time.

Well I think that calling people out by name, or arguing with them, is definitely what earns you a free vacation. Personally I've just added those people to my "Ignore List" to avoid any temptation to set them straight.
    It seems so. Although the two worst offenders pretty much outed themselves in the next few posts.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    It seems so. Although the two worst offenders pretty much outed themselves in the next few posts.
    Everyone has known who they are for quite a while. Whatever. These forums are still useful because it's mostly people that want to be genuinely helpful that post, and those that are unhelpful are easily filtered out.

I have nothing against any carrier. I was on T-Mobile and it was okay in some respects, not okay in others. Basically it was marginal in terms of coverage in some of the places I travel to, Washington State, Oregon, Minnesota, Georgia, parts of California, and southern Florida (Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties). Yet it was fine in other places I frequently go, New York City, Washington D.C., and Chicago. I depend on my phone for my job and needed to have a carrier with better coverage than T-Mobile is presently able to offer.

I think that those indviduals that see it as their life's work to promote T-Mobile should understand that the way to do that is by being truthful and accurate. That gains trust and respect.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Everyone has known who they are for quite a while. Whatever. These forums are still useful because it's mostly people that want to be genuinely helpful that post, and those that are unhelpful are easily filtered out.
    Yeah, pretty much. This forum is still useful, but it's nowhere as useful as it used to be. Oh well.

I have nothing against any carrier. I was on T-Mobile and it was okay in some respects, not okay in others. Basically it was marginal in terms of coverage in some of the places I travel to, Washington State, Oregon, Minnesota, Georgia, parts of California, and southern Florida (Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties). Yet it was fine in other places I frequently go, New York City, Washington D.C., and Chicago. I depend on my phone for my job and needed to have a carrier with better coverage than T-Mobile is presently able to offer.

I think that those indviduals that see it as their life's work to promote T-Mobile should understand that the way to do that is by being truthful and accurate. That gains trust and respect.
    T-Mobile is still a trade-off in coverage for cost, the big twist being their international offerings, which for some is more important than the domestic coverage, and IMO still their biggest competitive advantage over AT&T and Verizon, especially with Verizon Prepaid and Cricket offering relatively cheap domestic plans. I was just surprised that T-Mobile's coverage isn't any better than AT&T's in major metros, I was expecting more from their site density. Still, Mint Mobile is perfectly adequate for my GPS/secondary phone for now.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

You mean to tell me you haven't gotten your Tmobile or John Legere tattoos yet?

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You mean to tell me you haven't gotten your Tmobile or John Legere tattoos yet?

I hat temporary ones while I was on T-Mobile. https://www.bemagenta.com/heavy-meta...ttoos/p-TM0235
    Name:  TM0235.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  72.3 KB

But no such thing for my current MVNO.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    T-Mobile is still a trade-off in coverage for cost, the big twist being their international offerings, which for some is more important than the domestic coverage, and IMO still their biggest competitive advantage over AT&T and Verizon, especially with Verizon Prepaid and Cricket offering relatively cheap domestic plans. I was just surprised that T-Mobile's coverage isn't any better than AT&T's in major metros, I was expecting more from their site density. Still, Mint Mobile is perfectly adequate for my GPS/secondary phone for now.
    Yes, the included international data is attractive to many people, and it was what got me to sign up with T-Mobile. But I spend probably 48-49 weeks a year in the U.S. and 3-4 weeks a year abroad. To put up with T-Mobile's U.S. coverage was just not something me or my family members were willing to do anymore. It's not just an inconvenience, it's a safety issue.

Even when traveling abroad I was buying prepaid SIM cards because I wanted high-speed data. Sometimes I wanted a local phone number as well. But at least with T-Mobile I had data, albeit slow data, as soon as I landed in another country. Now I have to plan ahead and buy a foreign prepaid SIM before I leave the U.S..

Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast