Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1073

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here is Sprint Debt due. In 2020 Sprint has $3.772 Billion due in Senior notes 7% Guaranteed notes due March 1, 2020. In Feb 2021 Sprint has another $6 billion plus payment due.

So tell me how Sprint plans to pay all their expenses including employees and networks plus make these debt payments when today Sprint announced they lost $120 million last quarter?

https://investors.sprint.com/financials/default.aspx

Feedback Score
    Sprint shed 115,000 postpaid phone subscribers in the third quarter as customers continue to leave the nationís struggling fourth-largest carrier,

Postpaid phone churn notably jumped to 2.06%, up from 1.84% in the year ago period,

Name:  NothingtoSeeHere.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  87.2 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    From what I hear, nothing really is being offered to them besides standard pricing. This includes though the Kickstarter plan. I doubt many stay after the free year. Most people looking for a bargain like that will just carrier hop. Mint mobile has the same issues with getting people to renew after their cheap introductory pricing. People will pay mint $15 a month for the first 3 months, but after that they ainít paying 25.
    Price sensitive subscribers will jump over to an MVNO or a top-tier carrier's own prepaid service. You can get Visible by Verizon for $25 per month, even by yourself (by joining a group), or Total Wireless's family plan for as low as 4 lines for $95. Sprint is offering "Unlimited Basic" in a family plan for as low as $20/month (5 lines for $100) but only until April 2021, see https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans...kickstart.html.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I read somewhere that they charge a huge amount per allowed amount of data for the watch lines, which makes them very lucrative. Not sure if this is true...
    The main benefit of the watch is that you can't sign up for just a watch line for an Apple Watch, for instance. So right now I'm on T-Mobile postpaid, $70 plan + $10 watch. Rather than $40 or $45 on a prepaid plan with ATT or Verizon. If I could pay $20/month for just my watch on some company, even without being tied to my regular phone number, I would do it. It is for emergency use if I'm away from my regular phone or it is otherwise unusable.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score

The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    SoftBank doesnít secure all of Sprints assets or loans. Find something that proves that instead of just making up facts. Sprint has used their assets including their spectrum as collateral on their loans. If Sprint defaults the banks will go after Sprintís assets. SoftBank doesnít own Sprint they just holding a controlling number of Sprintís stock. Sprint announced they lost $120 million today on their last quarter that ended in 2019. Sprint canít pay their loans and SoftBank has said they arenít going to payoff Sprintís debt.

Sprint canít make a profit. So how long can they continue to pay all the expenses including their employees plus meet their loans payments? Selling their spectrum assets and downsize their networks to a regional network like Mario said in court is their only option to stay in business if this merger fails.
    https://amp.kansascity.com/news/busi...107700387.html

Well says here the lending company is a SoftBank/sprint owned company. So it appears either you are incorrect, or they didnít call you and tell you their plans. My guess is you are incorrect. No worries, seems to be common here. Glad I could help give you the right information.

Feedback Score

Well says here the lending company is a SoftBank/sprint owned company.
    The article doesn't mention SoftBank at all. The article actually says:

"The buyers are three of Sprintís own newly created subsidiaries. The subsidiaries will borrow the $3.5 billion by putting the spectrum up as collateral.

Investors are buying $3.5 billion worth of bonds issued privately by the subsidiaries.

It doesn't mention a "lending company". It says investors are buying the bonds so they are the ones lending the money.

Shilohcane said: "Sprint has used their assets including their spectrum as collateral on their loans. " It seems like that's what they are doing in this case.

You guessed that shilohcane is "incorrect". I don't see what he stated is incorrect.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The article doesn't mention SoftBank at all. The article actually says:

"The buyers are three of Sprintís own newly created subsidiaries. The subsidiaries will borrow the $3.5 billion by putting the spectrum up as collateral.

Investors are buying $3.5 billion worth of bonds issued privately by the subsidiaries.

It doesn't mention a "lending company". It says investors are buying the bonds so they are the ones lending the money.

Shilohcane said: "Sprint has used their assets including their spectrum as collateral on their loans. " It seems like that's what they are doing in this case.

You guessed that shilohcane is "incorrect". I don't see what he stated is incorrect.
    Lol, since you are speaking for someone else Iíll respond to you. ďThe buyers are newly created sprint subsidiaries ď who owns sprint? Who created the subsidiaries? Who is holding spectrum licenses as collateral on a loan? Iím sorry he was incorrect, I didnít ask him to be incorrect, he just was. Maybe you can give him some life advice on not posting incorrect information, since you seem to 1. Speak for him, and 2. Are a stickler for that sort of thing. Generally when people feel personally invested in something, they tend to make comments based on emotion over actual facts, and tend not to admit they are wrong and instead double down on being right. He was wrong, no biggie.

Feedback Score
    who owns sprint?
    Softbank has a share of Sprint. But they do not own 100% of the stock as you know.

He simply stated, "SoftBank doesnít secure all of Sprints assets or loans. Find something that proves that instead of just making up facts. Sprint has used their assets including their spectrum as collateral on their loans. If Sprint defaults the banks will go after Sprintís assets. SoftBank doesnít own Sprint they just holding a controlling number of Sprintís stock. "

The article that you posted seems to provide an example of Sprint using their assets as collateral on their loans as was stated.

His statement seems correct to me so I will not be providing advice at this time.

Feedback Score
    Softbank has a share of Sprint. But they do not own 100% of the stock as you know.

He simply stated, "SoftBank doesnít secure all of Sprints assets or loans. Find something that proves that instead of just making up facts. Sprint has used their assets including their spectrum as collateral on their loans. If Sprint defaults the banks will go after Sprintís assets. SoftBank doesnít own Sprint they just holding a controlling number of Sprintís stock. "

The article that you posted seems to provide an example of Sprint using their assets as collateral on their loans as was stated.

His statement seems correct to me so I will not be providing advice at this time.
    Right, and who owns the company holding sprints spectrum assets as collateral? Would it be SoftBank?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Well says here the lending company is a SoftBank/sprint owned company. So it appears either you are incorrect, or they didn’t call you and tell you their plans. My guess is you are incorrect. No worries, seems to be common here. Glad I could help give you the right information.
    More BS by you. Where was SoftBank even mentioned in that article? BTW, that was only $3.5 Billion of Sprint’s mountain of debt. For the 50th time SoftBank doesn’t own Sprint. SoftBank is just the majority stockholder. This is what your link said Sprint created a few shell companies that are mostly getting money from borrowing the money. Most likely the subsidy bored the money my issuing Junk Bonds. Did you ignore the part that those three Sprint subsidiaries said the were “Borrow” the money since They don’t have any money to loan Sprint. This is what it said in your link and try to find where SoftBank was part of the deal?

Sprint’s announcement said it is selling 14 percent of its spectrum holdings, measured by how many potential customers these licenses cover through the company’s network. The buyers are three of Sprint’s own newly created subsidiaries. The subsidiaries will borrow the $3.5 billion by putting the spectrum up as collateral.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 01-28-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Right, and who owns the company holding sprints spectrum assets as collateral? Would it be SoftBank?
    So where did the money come from since the three Sprint subsidies Borrowed the money that wasn’t Sprint’s money? The only thing your article proved is you don’t know where the money that has to be paid back came from. My guess is it Is Junk bonds.

Again SoftBank doesn’t own Sprint they are just stock holders of Sprint. The people that loaned the money to the Sprint subsidy can’t go after SoftBank if Sprint defaults. The people that loaned the money will go after the 14% of Sprint’s spectrum they used as collateral to raise the money.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 01-28-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So where did the money come from since the three Sprint subsidies Borrowed the money that wasnít Sprintís money? The only thing your article proved is you donít know where the money that has to be paid back came from. My guess is it Is Junk bonds.

Again SoftBank doesnít own Sprint they are just stock holders of Sprint. The people that loaned the money to the Sprint subsidy canít go after SoftBank if Sprint defaults. The people that loaned the money will go after the 14% of Sprintís spectrum they used as collateral to raise the money.
    A subsidiary of softbank is the company that is holding the spectrum licenses as collateral. This is a trick Son has used before, and he actually has referred to it in the past as "creative financing". He creates a shell company under the softbank umbrella and uses them to loan his other subsidiaries money. It's a common trick in Sons arsenal. This is also a reason why softbank would be very reluctant to file chapter 11 with sprint. You notice you haven't heard any chatter about if the merger is blocked, sprint would file chapter 11. This is because a lot of sprint debt is owed directly to softbank subsidiaries. This is the same thing they did with their mobile leasing solutions and their network lease co.

As for Softbank not owning sprint, they own over 80% of the company and are majority holder. They are the sole decision makers for the company. They are sprints board of directors. If the merger gets approved they will own over 20% of TMobile, and Claure and Son will sit on Tmobiles board. Maybe Son will teach D.T. a few tricks on "creative financing" if that happens, who knows.

Instead of doubling down on being wrong, learn something in life when people tell you something. It will get you farther than just being a pro tmobile mouthpiece on a forum board 10 people a day visit.
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 01-28-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Feedback Score
    The article that you linked to said the companies were Sprint subsidiaries. It did not say they were Softbank subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    The article that you linked to said the companies were Sprint subsidiaries. It did not say they were Softbank subsidiaries.
    Right, so that's a yes? The company holding the licenses as collateral is a SoftBank owned entity?

Feedback Score
    Right, so that's a yes? The company holding the licenses as collateral is a SoftBank owned entity?
    That would be a no. Sprint owns the entities. The entities aren't owned by SoftBank.

You're somehow confusing "ownership" with a "majority shareholder". They are not the same thing. Shilohcane did a good job explaining the difference in his post. For further clarification, some basic courses at a local community college may be in order.

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast