Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1073

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Well let's see for example Verizon charges $5 for a smartwatch line and $10 or $20( depending on plan ) for a tablet and up to $90 for a phone line. Gee I wonder which one make more money? Hmmmm....
    And how many smartwatch lines are they selling by themselves, without a phone account too?

Exactly.

Sprint's 100,000+ non-phone lines aren't mostly ($10) watches. They're ($25) tablets and ($30-60) hotspots.

Less than the price of a single phone line, sure, but equal to or more to the additional 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. lines.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Good point. I wonder what deals are being offered to those "free for a year" customers to retain them. The "free for a year" was the ultimate in desperation pricing, but I guess Sprint figured that there was nothing to lose and that some of those customers would become paying customers after the free year.
    From what I hear, nothing really is being offered to them besides standard pricing. This includes though the Kickstarter plan. I doubt many stay after the free year. Most people looking for a bargain like that will just carrier hop. Mint mobile has the same issues with getting people to renew after their cheap introductory pricing. People will pay mint $15 a month for the first 3 months, but after that they ain’t paying 25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    And how many smartwatch lines are they selling by themselves, without a phone account too?

Exactly.

Sprint's 100,000+ non-phone lines aren't mostly ($10) watches. They're ($25) tablets and ($30-60) hotspots.

Less than the price of a single phone line, sure, but equal to or more to the additional 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. lines.

sigh. No offense but I don't have time to talk to brick walls. Another on to be added to the ignore list. You must own a lot of Sprint stock or something

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the deal could potentially be delayed until July and maybe even longer. Makes no sense to keep dragging it out.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t-...ors-2020-01-26

Feedback Score

The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

sigh. No offense but I don't have time to talk to brick walls. Another on to be added to the ignore list. You must own a lot of Sprint stock or something
    Gotta love people who take the time to respond to something with “I don’t have time”

Logic makes no sense though. If they owned a lot of sprint stock they’d be pro merger, as if the merger is approved T-Mobile will pay more for it than it’s currently trading at now. Generally when people try to play that card, it means they have zero logical response to what the person said.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Actually, I own 100 shares of Sprint stock. I also own 100 shares of T-Mobile and AT&T too.

If I cared about my lousy $500 worth of Sprint stock, I'd be pro-merger, so T-Mo would buy it for more than it's worth!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Looks like the deal could potentially be delayed until July and maybe even longer. Makes no sense to keep dragging it out.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t-...ors-2020-01-26
    That's ridiculous. I've been holding out over the last year from potentially switching to AT&T and maybe even Verizon in the hopes that with Band 71 and Sprint merger, coverage would be more ubiquitous and reliable where I live and travel. Having to wait and see another year, may force me to jump ship. I just saw a new JD Powers and Associates ranking and Verizon, I believe, swept every category. T-Mobile for its own, did come in second in most but tied AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Well let's see for example Verizon charges $5 for a smartwatch line and $10 or $20( depending on plan ) for a tablet and up to $90 for a phone line. Gee I wonder which one make more money? Hmmmm....
    I read somewhere that they charge a huge amount per allowed amount of data for the watch lines, which makes them very lucrative. Not sure if this is true...

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    That's ridiculous. I've been holding out over the last year from potentially switching to AT&T and maybe even Verizon in the hopes that with Band 71 and Sprint merger, coverage would be more ubiquitous and reliable where I live and travel. Having to wait and see another year, may force me to jump ship. I just saw a new JD Powers and Associates ranking and Verizon, I believe, swept every category. T-Mobile for its own, did come in second in most but tied AT&T.
    From what I saw when I visited California a few weeks ago, T-Mobile/Sprint could just become a 49 state carrier and very few people in California would be affected. But it would be bad for T-Mobile/Sprint customers traveling to California should the merged company not be able to do business there anymore.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Gotta love people who take the time to respond to something with “I don’t have time”

Logic makes no sense though. If they owned a lot of sprint stock they’d be pro merger, as if the merger is approved T-Mobile will pay more for it than it’s currently trading at now. Generally when people try to play that card, it means they have zero logical response to what the person said.
    Well at least he didn't claim that Todd was being paid by AT&T or Verizon to oppose the merger. In the past I've seen posts from several individuals, all on my ignore list now, that anyone that dared say anything slightly negative about T-Mobile must be getting money from its competitors. You know when they start up with that kind of thing that they have nothing intelligent to say. Ditto for the claims of stock ownership─one more person to add to my ignore list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    That wont stop the merger if approved. California needs to take its meds and stop meddling in business they have none. They hardly know whats best for their state, let alone for the whole country.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    They already have a SoftBank shell company securing their assets. A few years ago when they used their spectrum licenses as collateral for a loan, that loaning agency was a SoftBank entity. This is why I don’t think son will take them through a bankruptcy. Likely most of their debt,is owed to him.
    SoftBank doesn’t secure all of Sprints assets or loans. Find something that proves that instead of just making up facts. Sprint has used their assets including their spectrum as collateral on their loans. If Sprint defaults the banks will go after Sprint’s assets. SoftBank doesn’t own Sprint they just holding a controlling number of Sprint’s stock. Sprint announced they lost $120 million today on their last quarter that ended in 2019. Sprint can’t pay their loans and SoftBank has said they aren’t going to payoff Sprint’s debt.

Sprint can’t make a profit. So how long can they continue to pay all the expenses including their employees plus meet their loans payments? Selling their spectrum assets and downsize their networks to a regional network like Mario said in court is their only option to stay in business if this merger fails.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 01-27-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    At this point seems like a sneeze could delay this deal.

Hopefully the judge rules soon so tmobile will know either way exactly which path to take.

Whether you love em or hate em they need to know asap

Enough time has passed to evaluate this deal many times over. Enough time has passed to know whether the states have a good case or not

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    The last few years since Softbank stopped financing them they've found unsecured financing through Junk bonds.

SoftBank is the largest secured creditor.

As an aside my opinion is that sans the merger Softbank will push for liquidation and maybe leave a shell as an MVNO so 'Sprint' won't disappear for some time. A Bankruptcy Court represents creditors who aren't being paid not the States so I can't see grounds for an appeal from a non invested outside party - they have no standing to appeal especially if Sprint the company remains to sell some type of service.

Sprint lost 115,000 postpaid and 174,000 prepaid/wholesale customers in Q3. It's hurting TMobile to hold this up. Sprint is becoming less valuable. Tmobile's network plans and spending are on hold. It's like they're frozen in place.

Just two cents from a popcorn vendor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    ...As an aside my opinion is that sans the merger Softbank will push for liquidation and maybe leave a shell as an MVNO...
    I don't want Sprint to BK. But it'd be funny if the assets were sold & the name was retained as OTG said as an MVNO. To try & pay off some further creditors. Then the funny part for me at least would be Sprint turning into an AT&T MVNO.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast