Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1073

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

  1. #916
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n33d0n3 View Post
    I am just wondering how throwing money into Sprint fixes them. They haven't been in a Spectrum auction in 10 years. A low band spectrum auction doesn't seem to be on the itinerary of the FCC any time soon. Sitting on a huge mine of 2500 mhz is great but that will need a lot of towers to blanket the country. If you look around, getting towers built in any kind of community with people living there is like sitting in Atilla the Hun, DDS office waiting on a root canal. They are going to need a lot of towers to build out 2500 mhz spectrum or else it will continue to be the swiss cheese it is now.

    If Son, pays down the 42 billion dollar debt, what company is he going to rob Peter to pay Paul. Not to mention after doing that, what is left to spend on re-farming spectrum to 5G and adding all those new towers. Sprint to me looks like they are between a rock and a hard place. I know many people think that some cable company will be a White Knight by coming into buy it. Source:
    https://twitter.com/waltlightshed/st...040278020?s=21

    I would be shocked if someone else will buy into this situation that isn't all ready a wireless carrier. They will be used as leverage into getting a better deal with a carrier that all ready blankets the nation. Just like Comcast did.
    T-Mobile U.S. has $11.43 billion in long-term debt
    Verizon has $108 billion in long-term debt
    AT&T has $165 billion in long-term debt
    Sprint has $33 billion in long-term debt

    "Billion" makes anything seem impossibly large. The reality is that these kinds of companies rely on debt financing.

    An acquiring company doesn't pay off the debt with cash. They assume the debt.

    Son doesn't have to pay off Sprint's debt, he needs to get some management in place that has a plan to turn the company around. T-Mobile managed to do this. Sprint can do it too.

  2. #917
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    521
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Notice I said with 60 days. Plenty of time for Son to lie and calm everyone down before announcing the inevitable. As far as the stock tanking. It's already basically a penny stock.
    May wanna learn what a penny stock is, before making that statement. I get you don't like sprint, really want to use tmobile, but they don't work where you live, and your are hoping the merger goes through and you can finally be the tmobile customer you have longed to be, but, why make up stuff to seem right. It's pointless.

  3. #918
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,976
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Sprint can't just raise rates and believe that suddenly they will stop losing money. The world doesn't work that way. Rates are set by the market. Sprint would lose even more money if they raised rates because there is sufficient competition.
    Except every other carrier already charges much higher rates. If you think they are making money are their current rates I have a gold mine in Florida to sell you.

    Eliminate 25% of the national carriers and rates go up. Period. Verizon and AT&T are probably hoping for the merger to go through and for Sprint to stop their endless desperation pricing offers.
    In many areas( such as mine ) Sprint is already non-existent. And when Sprint downsizes and eventually goes away you will still lose them regardless. Is it really going to take you have to see it actually happen before you get it? Are you one of those that has to touch a hot stove to actually know not to touch a hot stove?

    If the merger doesn't go through, then Softbank will follow through on their commitment to invest in Sprint.
    Nope they will not. Like I said quote me and call em out later.

    Or perhaps they'll sell Sprint to someone who had deep pockets and is willing to invest in the company.
    Who? Who has the money?

  4. #919
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,976
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    May wanna learn what a penny stock is, before making that statement. I get you don't like sprint, really want to use tmobile, but they don't work where you live, and your are hoping the merger goes through and you can finally be the tmobile customer you have longed to be, but, why make up stuff to seem right. It's pointless.
    I have have against Sprint except they are a garbage carrier. Quarterly reports don't lie. T-Mobile is here. the difference is they actually use their licenses spectrum here unlike Sprint who has spectrum licenses yet refuses to deploy them despite clear build out requirements. Sounds a lot like Dish.

    Unlike a lot of people here I base my opinions on facts and reason not emotion. Here's a bet you probably won't make but I will. If the merger does not go through then I predict that within 60 days Sprint announces jobs cuts. Within 120 days price increases are announced. If am wrong I will self ban myself not only from this forum but the entirety of Howardforums forever. That is how confident I am in my opinion. You willing to make the same bet?

  5. #920
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    521
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I have have against Sprint except they are a garbage carrier. Quarterly reports don't lie. T-Mobile is here. the difference is they actually use their licenses spectrum here unlike Sprint who has spectrum licenses yet refuses to deploy them despite clear build out requirements. Sounds a lot like Dish.

    Unlike a lot of people here I base my opinions on facts and reason not emotion. Here's a bet you probably won't make but I will. If the merger does not go through then I predict that within 60 days Sprint announces jobs cuts. Within 120 days price increases are announced. If am wrong I will self ban myself not only from this forum but the entirety of Howardforums forever. That is how confident I am in my opinion. You willing to make the same bet?
    You seem to take this very personally. To the point you are willing to "bet" on things you have absolutely zero control over. This seems illogical. Am I willing to "bet" on an opinion? No. I'm nowhere near as personally invested as you seem to be, nor do I have to appear to be right all the time. This isn't reddit, you don't have to try to placate to the audience with "sprint sucks" posts to get karma.

    You seem to flip flop and use "facts" only when you feel they agree with you. The other times you just fill in the gaps with your own personal beliefs, and call them facts. This is common with opinions. People fill in the parts they don't know, with personal bias to appear correct. For them, it's much more important to look right, than to actually be right. Welcome to 2020 "reporting"


    So if the merger fails, you will be rooting for those prime hikes and for people getting fired huh? Classy. I mean it has to happen, your reputation is on the line

  6. #921
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    521
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n33d0n3 View Post
    I am just wondering how throwing money into Sprint fixes them. They haven't been in a Spectrum auction in 10 years. A low band spectrum auction doesn't seem to be on the itinerary of the FCC any time soon. Sitting on a huge mine of 2500 mhz is great but that will need a lot of towers to blanket the country. If you look around, getting towers built in any kind of community with people living there is like sitting in Atilla the Hun, DDS office waiting on a root canal. They are going to need a lot of towers to build out 2500 mhz spectrum or else it will continue to be the swiss cheese it is now.

    If Son, pays down the 42 billion dollar debt, what company is he going to rob Peter to pay Paul. Not to mention after doing that, what is left to spend on re-farming spectrum to 5G and adding all those new towers. Sprint to me looks like they are between a rock and a hard place. I know many people think that some cable company will be a White Knight by coming into buy it. Source:
    https://twitter.com/waltlightshed/st...040278020?s=21

    I would be shocked if someone else will buy into this situation that isn't all ready a wireless carrier. They will be used as leverage into getting a better deal with a carrier that all ready blankets the nation. Just like Comcast did.
    Not sure comcast still wants to follow that model though, quite frankly, it didn't work. Xfinity mobile has been a money loser for them mainly due to the high data charges they pay Verizon. Right now they can absorb those losses, because Xfinity mobile has to bundled with xfinity home internet. So they make money elsewhere. As wireless (and this includes the very same Verizon they currently use) expands into home broadband service, cable companies have a bigger issue on their hands. People like to say Verizon and at&t are against this merger, but I disagree, I feel the real ones against it are big cable. They want no part of wireless carrier being able to enter their market. Cable companies will eventually have to do something. Does this mean they would be interested in sprint if the merger fails? I don't know, but they will have to enter the market eventually to survive. If the merger passes, the new tmobile becomes a prime target though for comcast, or another big cable company to purchase. So, for all those for the merger, be careful what you ask for, it just may happen and you may not really like the final results of everything. I'm not sure so many people would be gung ho on this merger, if they knew the final result would be a comcast owned new tmobile.
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 01-17-2020 at 07:35 PM.

  7. #922
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    189
    Device(s)
    Looking for new one
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    T-Mobile U.S. has $11.43 billion in long-term debt
    Verizon has $108 billion in long-term debt
    AT&T has $165 billion in long-term debt
    Sprint has $33 billion in long-term debt

    "Billion" makes anything seem impossibly large. The reality is that these kinds of companies rely on debt financing.

    An acquiring company doesn't pay off the debt with cash. They assume the debt.

    Son doesn't have to pay off Sprint's debt, he needs to get some management in place that has a plan to turn the company around. T-Mobile managed to do this. Sprint can do it too.
    I don’t think Son will pay anything towards Sprint. I am just going off the people that say he will just pay it off and invest heavily into Sprint. I am sure he would rather warm his mansion by lighting $100 dollar bills in the fireplace than sink it into a company with no real future.

  8. #923
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n33d0n3 View Post
    I don’t think Son will pay anything towards Sprint. I am just going off the people that say he will just pay it off and invest heavily into Sprint. I am sure he would rather warm his mansion by lighting $100 dollar bills in the fireplace than sink it into a company with no real future.
    Well he seems to have a knack for investing in those kinds of companies. Uber. Sprint. WeWork. But Sprint actually was profitable in the recent past and its decline was purely intentional. It can be turned around.

  9. #924
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Well he seems to have a knack for investing in those kinds of companies. Uber. Sprint. WeWork. But Sprint actually was profitable in the recent past and its decline was purely intentional. It can be turned around.
    Sprint has only had one profitable year (2018?) since 2006 and that year was not very profitable - something like only $400 million from operations. The rest of the about 4 billion profit was from the tax law change. Sprint turning profitable on their own is highly unlikely.

  10. #925
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,976
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n33d0n3 View Post
    I don’t think Son will pay anything towards Sprint. I am just going off the people that say he will just pay it off and invest heavily into Sprint. I am sure he would rather warm his mansion by lighting $100 dollar bills in the fireplace than sink it into a company with no real future.
    Unfortunately some people won't understand this until it's too late then they'll be saying "Oh we should have let T-Mobile buy Sprint"

  11. #926
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,976
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Not sure comcast still wants to follow that model though, quite frankly, it didn't work. Xfinity mobile has been a money loser for them mainly due to the high data charges they pay Verizon. Right now they can absorb those losses, because Xfinity mobile has to bundled with xfinity home internet. So they make money elsewhere. As wireless (and this includes the very same Verizon they currently use) expands into home broadband service, cable companies have a bigger issue on their hands. People like to say Verizon and at&t are against this merger, but I disagree, I feel the real ones against it are big cable. They want no part of wireless carrier being able to enter their market. Cable companies will eventually have to do something. Does this mean they would be interested in sprint if the merger fails? I don't know, but they will have to enter the market eventually to survive. If the merger passes, the new tmobile becomes a prime target though for comcast, or another big cable company to purchase. So, for all those for the merger, be careful what you ask for, it just may happen and you may not really like the final results of everything. I'm not sure so many people would be gung ho on this merger, if they knew the final result would be a comcast owned new tmobile.
    Comcast is not going to buy T-Mobile. Another thing you can quote me on.

  12. #927
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    521
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Comcast is not going to buy T-Mobile. Another thing you can quote me on.
    Unless you have any affiliation with the company, quoting you on anything is pointless. Nobody really ever cares what random nameless people claim on message boards. Besides, you could just disappear and come back as someone else claiming it was never you who said any of that. It's not like you have any real consequences for being wrong. Except your own ego of course.

  13. #928
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,976
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=hofonewb9;17114334]You seem to take this very personally.[/quote[]

    Actually you are since you can't seem to even think about anyone's counterpoint to yours. Have you one posted "Hey you could be right. I'll have to think about the points you made." Nope.


    To the point you are willing to "bet" on things you have absolutely zero control over. This seems illogical.
    If someone says "I bet the sun won't come up tomorrow." I am willing to take the bet it will even though I have no control over it. Also most bets work that way. No one betting on the Super Bowl controls the outcome.

    Am I willing to "bet" on an opinion? No. I'm nowhere near as personally invested as you seem to be, nor do I have to appear to be right all the time. This isn't reddit, you don't have to try to placate to the audience with "sprint sucks" posts to get karma.
    I'm not dissing on Sprint. I'm pointing out the fact they are incapable of turning things around. Facts are not disses. What is illogical is that people such as yourself can't see the mess Sprint is in.

    You seem to flip flop and use "facts" only when you feel they agree with you. The other times you just fill in the gaps with your own personal beliefs, and call them facts. This is common with opinions. People fill in the parts they don't know, with personal bias to appear correct. For them, it's much more important to look right, than to actually be right. Welcome to 2020 "reporting"
    Ok first of all you are getting personal which the mods said not to do. Second I'm entitled to post my opinion here even if it don't jibe with yours. My opinions are based on facts. It's illogical to do otherwise. If someone is about to jump off the Empire State Building and I say "I think that person will die if they jump" well until they jump that's an opinion, but it's also an opinion with a 99.9999999% chance of being right.

    So if the merger fails, you will be rooting for those prime hikes and for people getting fired huh? Classy. I mean it has to happen, your reputation is on the line
    Stating facts is not rooting. Once again to use my last example. If someone is about to jump off the Empire State Building and I say "I think that person will die if they jump" and they jump and die I was NOT rooting for them to die.

    I have enough confidence in my "bet" that I will never have to pay up that why I made the bet. I could bet you $1 mil. I don't have $1 mil but I won't need $1 mil. You however like to tell everyone how wrong they are then when push comes to shove, won't even back your own horse. Why should I take anything your say seriously if you're going to so quickly back away?

  14. #929
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    521
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post

    Actually you are since you can't seem to even think about anyone's counterpoint to yours. Have you one posted "Hey you could be right. I'll have to think about the points you made." Nope.




    If someone says "I bet the sun won't come up tomorrow." I am willing to take the bet it will even though I have no control over it. Also most bets work that way. No one betting on the Super Bowl controls the outcome.



    I'm not dissing on Sprint. I'm pointing out the fact they are incapable of turning things around. Facts are not disses. What is illogical is that people such as yourself can't see the mess Sprint is in.



    Ok first of all you are getting personal which the mods said not to do. Second I'm entitled to post my opinion here even if it don't jibe with yours. My opinions are based on facts. It's illogical to do otherwise. If someone is about to jump off the Empire State Building and I say "I think that person will die if they jump" well until they jump that's an opinion, but it's also an opinion with a 99.9999999% chance of being right.



    Stating facts is not rooting. Once again to use my last example. If someone is about to jump off the Empire State Building and I say "I think that person will die if they jump" and they jump and die I was NOT rooting for them to die.

    I have enough confidence in my "bet" that I will never have to pay up that why I made the bet. I could bet you $1 mil. I don't have $1 mil but I won't need $1 mil. You however like to tell everyone how wrong they are then when push comes to shove, won't even back your own horse. Why should I take anything your say seriously if you're going to so quickly back away?


    Lol, let's number this one.


    1. I have no problem with different opinions. Just yours aren't rooted in any facts, and you make them up as you go along and change them when it seems fit for you to do so. Weird. It's almost like, I dunno, maybe an agenda? Who knows.


    2. Please explain where i got personal? By saying you flip flop on facts and fill in the gaps with your own "facts"? I'm sorry this isn't a personal attack, but if you feel it is, please report it to the moderators so they can take care of it asap. That's their job to do, not yours.

    3. "Stating facts is not rooting", except you don't have any actual facts to back up your claims, just what you feel will happen. That's fine. Everybody doesn't have to agree with you. I'm sorry if that bothers you.


    4. So now you want to bet 1 million dollars? Lol do you wonder why it's hard for me to actually consider your opinion? You use the word "facts" very generally. Let's use your sun rising tomorrow example. It's not fact, until it happens. Sprint laying off people is not fact, until it happens. Anything you claim, is a guess, not a fact. Now you may guess correctly, you may guess incorrectly. Either way really doesn't make you right or wrong, it just means you guessed correctly. You personally had nothing to do with it. Since you are a fan of betting, I assume you realize this. If you bet on the packers to cover against San Fran, and they do, you just guessed correctly, you didn't help green bay cover against San Fran. What makes continuous success with betting near impossible is, the human element. It is impossible to predict how a human will react in every situation. People aren't predictable robots.
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 01-18-2020 at 04:48 AM.

  15. #930
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Lol, let's number this one.


    1. I have no problem with different opinions. Just yours aren't rooted in any facts, and you make them up as you go along and change them when it seems fit for you to do so. Weird. It's almost like, I dunno, maybe an agenda? Who knows.


    2. Please explain where i got personal? By saying you flip flop on facts and fill in the gaps with your own "facts"? I'm sorry this isn't a personal attack, but if you feel it is, please report it to the moderators so they can take care of it asap. That's their job to do, not yours.

    3. "Stating facts is not rooting", except you don't have any actual facts to back up your claims, just what you feel will happen. That's fine. Everybody doesn't have to agree with you. I'm sorry if that bothers you.


    4. So now you want to bet 1 million dollars? Lol do you wonder why it's hard for me to actually consider your opinion? You use the word "facts" very generally. Let's use your sun rising tomorrow example. It's not fact, until it happens. Sprint laying off people is not fact, until it happens. Anything you claim, is a guess, not a fact. Now you may guess correctly, you may guess incorrectly. Either way really doesn't make you right or wrong, it just means you guessed correctly. You personally had nothing to do with it. Since you are a fan of betting, I assume you realize this. If you bet on the packers to cover against San Fran, and they do, you just guessed correctly, you didn't help green bay cover against San Fran. What makes continuous success with betting near impossible is, the human element. It is impossible to predict how a human will react in every situation. People aren't predictable robots.
    Well-stated. I wish people would at least base their opinion on facts, and perhaps on predictions by well-regarded industry experts, and financial analysts. Read some of the news stories from respected publications. Don't just make up bizarre stuff.

    To me, the most succinct and relevant statement by analysts was this: "the decision will ultimately depend on how the judge views the Dish Network fix."

    What will the judge think given the history of Charlie Ergen, the fact that he's been sitting on unused spectrum for so many years, the loss of Dish subscribers, and his bizarre excuse of “It didn’t make any sense to build a 4G network and tear it all down the next year.” Uh, Charlie, you don't build ANY cellular network and then tear it down when the technology changes. You roll a truck and modify the cell with replacement equipment, that's a tiny cost compared with constructing the cells in the first place. He certainly knows how this works from Dish, where they periodically replaced everyone's satellite receivers when the technology changed.

    But I'm not betting a million dollars against someone who a) doesn't have a million dollars, and b) doesn't base anything on factual information.

    However if he is certain that this deal will go through he can make a fortune. Sprint closed at $4.82 on Friday. If the deal closes each share of Sprint stock will be worth 0.10256 x the price of T-Mobile stock, so as of Friday each shareholder would get $8.43 per share, a nearly 75% increase. Hmm, what do these investment analysts know that all of us here are just speculating on?

    BTW, one strange thing about Dish satellite TV service is that it is illegal in Canada, even though many Canadians have found ways to subscribe and have not been imprisoned for doing so. Dish doesn't care about this, it's the Canadian government that cares.

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2019, 12:38 AM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 10:29 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. finally, i got the real answers to the a530
    By Vyruz Reaper in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks