Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    There are a lot of ways the subsidized prices can end. Management raising prices is one way. A new majority owner is another. They could enter bankruptcy reorganization and whomever is overseeing that could raise prices. They could shrink the number of markets they sell services in and the markets they leave of course wouldn't have their plan offerings. There are lots of combinations possible.

But the number one economic datum is that businesses are in business to make a profit. And when they're not doing that, as clearly Sprint isn't, then changes will be made.

But nonetheless, you've made your position clear. Your post has been bookmarked and could be brought back to light at an appropriate time.
    You seem to take this personal, so investor or employee? You use a lot of the buzzwords as well that the company preaches lol. Don't take it personal, it's just wireless Telecom.

Anyways, ok, thanks for bookmarking it? Makes it easier on me, I don't have to go back and look for it. Work smarter not harder. Best of luck in your predictions. You must have serious doubts about the merger passing. If I turn out to be wrong, I'm wrong. I'm not one of those pretentious internet clowns who always has to appear smarter than everyone else and always has to pretend to be "right" all the time. You know the type, right? Man those people suck.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    My last name is Jenkins so if I have another boy I'll name him john legere Jenkins.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Would be interesting, and Son definitely is bold enough to throw a crazy money figure at him to entice him. I'm not sure though how that would play in public perception though, meaning does J.L. lose credibility because of it...
    Something like this:
    JL: I fixed TM & tamed the industry to be consumer friendly. Today I take on my biggest challenge to take on the big 3 now. Forming Sprint into a lean mean (to competitors) machine & filling out Sprint's coverage gaps. To compete with anyone & yes continue to change the industry for the benefit of the consumer. The new Sprint begins NOW!
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Something like this:
    JL: I fixed TM & tamed the industry to be consumer friendly. Today I take on my biggest challenge to take on the big 3 now. Forming Sprint into a lean mean (to competitors) machine & filling out Sprint's coverage gaps. To compete with anyone & yes continue to change the industry for the benefit of the consumer. The new Sprint begins NOW!
    Lol, could work. J.L. always used the buzzwords "changing the industry" as his goal, so it does fit his overall stated goal while at TMobile.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    J.L. gets most of the credit for the turn around at TMobile, but he also had a heck of a team around him. It almost was lightning in a bottle.
    Don't forget that besides lightning, the bottle also contained $4 billion in cash and a multi-year discounted roaming deal with AT&T as a breakup penalty from the failed merger with AT&T.

Legere did some amazing things, but he had considerable help from AT&T! The roaming deal immediately expanded T-Mo's lackluster coverage, and the $4 billion helped pay for T-Mo's LTE network build-out.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yea, Sean Hannity has a crap TV show like that also. That's the funny thing about opinion shows, people only tend to like the ones they agree with. Can you believe people actually watch that garbage? And some do it religiously.
    I absolutely adore Sean Hannity, but that's neither here nor there. Anyways no one except those directly involved in the case know if this merger will be approved or denied. Thus, for some to be posting opinion articles and then passing them off as facts to bolster their frivolous claims of corruption, conspiracy etc because it aligns with the opinions of the anti-merger folks is ridiculous.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Feedback Score
    Yea, Sean Hannity has a crap TV show like that also. That's the funny thing about opinion shows, people only tend to like the ones they agree with. Can you believe people actually watch that garbage? And some do it religiously.
    He's 99.9% delusional.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    I absolutely adore Sean Hannity, but that's neither here nor there. Anyways no one except those directly involved in the case know if this merger will be approved or denied. Thus, for some to be posting opinion articles and then passing them off as facts to bolster their frivolous claims of corruption, conspiracy etc because it aligns with the opinions of the anti-merger folks is ridiculous.
    Would say nobody but the judge actually knows, and he may not even know yet. I agree though, options are not facts, and should be treated as just opinion. This applies both pro and anti merger.

Hannity is the same as the CNN opinion shows people have blasted. They sensationalize news, add their own "facts" to it, act outraged, all to placate to a base to gain viewership. The fundamentals all are the same. Where Hannity has an advantage is, his "base" really are the only people watching live TV anymore (50+ crowd) so his numbers look good.
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 01-12-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Don't forget that besides lightning, the bottle also contained $4 billion in cash and a multi-year discounted roaming deal with AT&T as a breakup penalty from the failed merger with AT&T.

Legere did some amazing things, but he had considerable help from AT&T! The roaming deal immediately expanded T-Mo's lackluster coverage, and the $4 billion helped pay for T-Mo's LTE network build-out.

I agree, it was the right people, at the right time, under the right circumstances.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Would say nobody but the judge actually knows, and he may not even know yet.......
    He may be waiting to see where his clerks fall on the case.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    But with finite resources of spectrum, T-Mobile will be forced to raise prices to slow growth or risk the network slowing to a crawl.
    So coverage is great, TMobile is adding customers left and right forcing at&t and Verizon to react to them. Seems like Sprint really isn't as big of a necessity as some make it seem eh? Sound like Sprint is more of a "want" than "need".
    Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Correct, T-Mobile will do fine without Sprint, though they'll need to buy additional spectrum elsewhere.
    Which will mean trying to outbid Verizon and at&t, which could lead to raising prices.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    He may be waiting to see where his clerks fall on the case.
    When my wife was a law clerk for a federal judge a very long time ago, she said it usually worked like this- the judge made his or her decision then told the clerks to go find appropriate law to back up that decision!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    Which will mean trying to outbid Verizon and at&t, which could lead to raising prices.
    Well they won't have to raise prices because they won't win any spectrum because Verizon an at&t will outbid them. They certainly won't get any CBRS spectrum that will be auctioned in June and will probably be deployable by the end of the year. The might get some C-Band spectrum if the FCC places limits on how much any one carrier can by if that limit is 120 MHz or less. So maybe T-Mobile end up with 40 MHz which is not going to be enough. And the action won't start until the end of 2020 which means it won't be over until early 2021 then it usually take a few months before licenses are actually rewards. So mid 2021 before T-Mobile can deploy it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Well they won't have to raise prices because they won't win any spectrum because Verizon an at&t will outbid them. They certainly won't get any CBRS spectrum that will be auctioned in June and will probably be deployable by the end of the year. The might get some C-Band spectrum if the FCC places limits on how much any one carrier can by if that limit is 120 MHz or less. So maybe T-Mobile end up with 40 MHz which is not going to be enough. And the action won't start until the end of 2020 which means it won't be over until early 2021 then it usually take a few months before licenses are actually rewards. So mid 2021 before T-Mobile can deploy it.
    Prices aren't set by the underlying costs. They are set by the market and by the competition.

Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast