Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1029

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

  1. #841
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    293
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Well *somebody* is switching. Even with low churn rates of 1%/month that means one out of every eight of a carriers' entire customer base leaves annually.
    True, and for a long time churn rates were much higher than 1%. The low churn rates these days are a big change. 2% monthly churn was not uncommon in the recent past.

    I think that what's changed in the prepaid space are the family plans now being offered.

    Total Wireless is the best value in the prepaid industry since you have Verizon's native network which is the best nationwide native network (and perhaps you have LTEiRA according to some users), plus you can use any Verizon device.

    Visible by Verizon is better in some ways than Total Wireless, but the BYOD selection is severely limited.

    Cricket is also a good value if you don't mind the severe data throttling.

    The worst prepaid services are Sprint's Boost and Virgin brands, though Boost does allow some limited roaming.

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    407
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I think a lot of the I hate T-Mobile & Sprint merger are people that have shorted T-Mobile stock. Or perhaps people that own AT&T and/or Verizon stock. Really without the merger both AT&T and Verizon will never have true competition that would force them to spend their money on better services instead of giving dividends income to stock holders. Really why would anyone that doesn’t have Sprint or T-Mobile service care about this merger that comes on this board to attack anyone that wants the merger so it’s customers get better faster coverage from their cell network?
    Why would the anti merger crowd be Verizon or at&t stockholders. Verizon and At&t stock soars also when good merger news happens. Verizon and At&t shareholder's are definitely pro merger. The company execs may not be, but their shareholder's undoubtedly are. They see the merger as a positive for their profits. This is nonsense thinking they feel otherwise. I'm not sure why people make up claims, with absolutely no evidence to back up what they are actually saying, but, it's the internet, it's common.

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    226
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    No my posts are based on LOGIC. So you admit to passing off OPINION as fact. OK. If the merger dies at least I get the satisfaction of seeing you guys admit you were wrong when jobs cuts and higher prices( 2 things that were the reason behind the lawsuits ) still happen.
    I did not agree with you by stating what you said is a fact, but a mere remark. Please don't assume conclusions.

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    407
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    There was never any proven corruption. This is just more of your blatantly false, anti-TMobile propaganda.
    I don't think a determination has been made either way. Corruption is a strong word, I personally wouldn't use, but the DOJ approval is currently under another federal judges jurisdiction for review under the Tunney Act review.

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,811
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    I don't think a determination has been made either way. Corruption is a strong word, I personally wouldn't use, but the DOJ approval is currently under another federal judges jurisdiction for review under the Tunney Act review.
    A Tunney Act review is to see if the settlement is in the public interest not a review for corruption. There are not even any official allegations of corruption by anyone that I've seen. The states have their reasons that they don't think the deal is good, but I haven't seen any of the attorney generals even allege corruption is involved.

    Perhaps Karl Bode thinks he can get more people to agree with his writings if he throws the word around.

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    407
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    A Tunney Act review is to see if the settlement is in the public interest not a review for corruption. There are not even any official allegations of corruption by anyone that I've seen. The states have their reasons that they don't think the deal is good, but I haven't seen any of the attorney generals even allege corruption is involved.

    Perhaps Karl Bode thinks he can get more people to agree with his writings if he throws the word around.
    Correct. It's to see if the DOJ accepted the deal in the best interest of the public, not self serving or, as some would call, corruption.
    Karl Bode can do whatever he wants, he has a platform and is able to use it as he sees fit, if you disagree with how someone uses their platform, feel free to start your own platform to get your opinion out, or find an established one that will let you.

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    874
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    All four of the techdirt articles she posted were by Karl Bode. The list is a bunch of opinion pieces. And the other articles accused Trump of favoring the deal because of people staying at one of the hotels owned by his corporation. How ridiculous is that? It's not like the hotel doesn't get plenty of business. She is really claiming he would need to agree to something as major as a T-Mobile/Sprint merger in order to get less than $200,000 in hotel business? What a joke!
    Have you not read anything about Trump in the last several years? You sound so incredibly ignorant, it's like you know absolutely nothing about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Karl Bode is hack and th3 best thing DSLreports did was get rid of him but they do still link to his articles on occasion. Why Techdirt hired him is beyond me. But I'll never go there or read anything or take them seriously ever again
    What are you smoking? Karl Bode is one of the best, if not the best, journalist on the telecom beat.

    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Right you're perfectly content to make up things that I did not say and try and attribute them to me. You know there's no point looking at any of the posts because you know I didn't say what you claim. You can't click the quote button so you make it up.
    1. I didn't make anything up.
    2. It's not my job to go through 14,000 posts of nonsense and find all the lies. For 14,000 posts, there's probably 100,000 lies.

    I never said that. I said I have coverage on T-Mobile wherever I go. Keyword there is "I". I don't go where you go and I don't really care how often you're getting No Signal wherever you're at. If you have coverage issues, go complain in the forum of your service provider. It's not my problem.
    Then you must live near a T-Mobile tower and never leave your house. Why would I complain? I have NO SERVICE less than any other carrier where I go, but the simple reality is that any carrier will have NO SERVICE some of the time, because there isn't cell service everywhere. I sometimes forget that when I'm in CT as most places have at least a bar outdoors on AT&T and Verizon, but then I went up to the Northwest hills a while back and had NO SERVICE until we hiked a mile or two up a little mountain. Obviously cell service drops indoors in some buildings anywhere.

    I don't care if Verizon doesn't cover 19% of the Continental US. Clearly I have no reason to go to such backwoods out of the way places. If you do, fine. Complain to Verizon that they're not covering some place you're going.
    I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating facts.

    That's not fine? Well good, because I never made such a claim. When I challenged you to find a SINGLE post where I made such a claim you came up empty! You know why? Because there is no post where I said it.

    How sad is it that you are arguing with false statements (completely made up by you) and attributed to others?
    Now you're lying about your lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Why would the anti merger crowd be Verizon or at&t stockholders. Verizon and At&t stock soars also when good merger news happens. Verizon and At&t shareholder's are definitely pro merger. The company execs may not be, but their shareholder's undoubtedly are. They see the merger as a positive for their profits. This is nonsense thinking they feel otherwise. I'm not sure why people make up claims, with absolutely no evidence to back up what they are actually saying, but, it's the internet, it's common.
    I've heard people make arguments both ways on the stock prices.

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,971
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why you haven't been banned is beyond me. You insult people left and right that disagree with you. You bring in your nasty political views and then seem to be so anti T-Mobile and try to stir up trouble. Ruins the boards
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Have you not read anything about Trump in the last several years? You sound so incredibly ignorant, it's like you know absolutely nothing about him.



    What are you smoking? Karl Bode is one of the best, if not the best, journalist on the telecom beat.



    1. I didn't make anything up.
    2. It's not my job to go through 14,000 posts of nonsense and find all the lies. For 14,000 posts, there's probably 100,000 lies.



    Then you must live near a T-Mobile tower and never leave your house. Why would I complain? I have NO SERVICE less than any other carrier where I go, but the simple reality is that any carrier will have NO SERVICE some of the time, because there isn't cell service everywhere. I sometimes forget that when I'm in CT as most places have at least a bar outdoors on AT&T and Verizon, but then I went up to the Northwest hills a while back and had NO SERVICE until we hiked a mile or two up a little mountain. Obviously cell service drops indoors in some buildings anywhere.



    I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating facts.



    Now you're lying about your lies.



    I've heard people make arguments both ways on the stock prices.

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    293
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Why would the anti merger crowd be Verizon or at&t stockholders. Verizon and At&t stock soars also when good merger news happens. Verizon and At&t shareholder's are definitely pro merger. The company execs may not be, but their shareholder's undoubtedly are. They see the merger as a positive for their profits. This is nonsense thinking they feel otherwise. I'm not sure why people make up claims, with absolutely no evidence to back up what they are actually saying, but, it's the internet, it's common.
    Logically, AT&T and Verizon would be thrilled for Sprint, and their loss-leader offers of service and phones, to go away. There is a subset of mobile phone users that look solely at price and AT&T and Verizon lose customers to lower-cost carriers like T-Mobile and Sprint.

    AT&T and Verizon might be concerned that long-term they would have to compete against T-Mobile for top-tier customers, but it would take a decade or more for T-Mobile to provide the coverage that AT&T and Verizon are currently able to provide.

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,915
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Logically, AT&T and Verizon would be thrilled for Sprint, and their loss-leader offers of service and phones, to go away. There is a subset of mobile phone users that look solely at price and AT&T and Verizon lose customers to lower-cost carriers like T-Mobile and Sprint.

    AT&T and Verizon might be concerned that long-term they would have to compete against T-Mobile for top-tier customers, but it would take a decade or more for T-Mobile to provide the coverage that AT&T and Verizon are currently able to provide.
    I'll be happy with good competition and decent prices. My big complaint now is the process for the whole thing has taken way too long. Almost 2 years doesn't seem productive for anyone

  11. #851
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    188
    Device(s)
    Looking for new one
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post

    What are you smoking? Karl Bode is one of the best, if not the best, journalist on the telecom beat.
    If you like a certain political leaning in your journalism than I am sure Karl Bode is your guy. Doesn't mean he is the best, probably just means you like his political leanings.

  12. #852
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    874
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Why you haven't been banned is beyond me. You insult people left and right that disagree with you. You bring in your nasty political views and then seem to be so anti T-Mobile and try to stir up trouble. Ruins the boards
    I ruin the boards?

    Look in the mirror. It's the blind T-Mobile fanboyism here that has ruined the board. None of the other carriers have this problem, not even Verizon. There is something unique about T-Mobile fanboys and apologists who will bend over backwards to defend every fart and burp that John Legere makes. Even the Verizon fanboys back in the day weren't nearly as bad, at least they had legitimate, technical, objective claims in terms of coverage and technology as to why they should look the other way in regards to Verizon's bad behavior with phones, pricing, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by n33d0n3 View Post
    If you like a certain political leaning in your journalism than I am sure Karl Bode is your guy. Doesn't mean he is the best, probably just means you like his political leanings.
    No. He points out problems in the telecom sector, and they are just as much problems whether you are more liberal or conservative. The difference is what the solutions are for those problems, although in many cases, the solutions are obvious (like getting rid of state laws that bar municipalities from building out broadband networks). In other cases, the solutions may be different (i.e. competition versus regulation, direct subsidies versus reverse-bidding subsidies), but Karl Bode isn't particularly left-leaning in that regards either. Doing nothing, ignoring problems, and just pretending that our telecom policy is completely broken isn't any legitimate political ideology, it is simply lying or apologizing for the sins of the telecom and cable companies.
    Last edited by SoxFan76; 01-14-2020 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Clarity

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,811
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Have you not read anything about Trump in the last several years?
    Talking about Trump in this forum is pretty much off-topic. I don't even know if Trump has even made a direct comment regarding this merger. If you want to get into politics, HoFo has a forum setup with that so you can speak your views:

    https://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/448


    I didn't make anything up.
    That's false. You said that I claimed that T-Mobile's network is somehow as good as AT&T's or Verizon:

    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Yet you go around claiming T-Mobile's network is somehow as good as AT&T's or Verizon
    Yet, you can't quote a SINGLE post where I said such a thing. Not one.

    The problem for you is that I never said that.

    Then you must live near a T-Mobile tower and never leave your house.
    I already said I travel around. I fly to other cities and T-Mobile works when I land. I drive from city to city and I have T-Mobile service on the roads I drive on. Admittedly, I'm not out in the swamps, or dusty trails, or hanging out in desolate areas.

    Obviously cell service drops indoors in some buildings anywhere.
    Houses, restaurants, retail stores, I have coverage. I never said that every American should expect the same results I get. I just made the simple statement that I have coverage wherever I go. This is 2020 and not decades earlier where technology was more challenged to provide such coverage.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    T-Mobile fanboys and apologists who will bend over backwards
    Yes, it's the same old tired name calling again. You can't discuss the issues, so you have to resort to that.

  14. #854
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,811
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Karl Bode is hack and th3 best thing DSLreports did was get rid of him
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Karl Bode can do whatever he wants, he has a platform and is able to use it as he sees fit, if you disagree with how someone uses their platform, feel free to start your own platform
    I don't need to start anything. I just call him out here on his false allegations and misinformation when I see it.

  15. #855
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    407
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I don't need to start anything. I just call him out here on his false allegations and misinformation when I see it.
    To what, an audience of 5 or 6? Lol I wouldn't call forum boards like these overly popular these days. Anyways, opinion reporters are just that, opinion reporters. They have a platform, and use it to promote whatever agenda they want. I personally take none of them with any grain of salt, as I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. Some people either do, or they like to see someone else agree with them. None of them are any better, or worse, than the other.

    My suggestion wasn't made with sarcasm, you have strong beliefs and opinions, want to share them to an audience, and like to debate other opinions that you disagree with. May as well do it to a larger audience, or even better, get paid for it.

    The only opinion id strongly disagree with is that Sprint goes belly up, or raises rates and cuts jobs if the merger fails. This is more of a hope not than anything. None of us here can control what happens with this merger. We can want whatever we want either way, but it doesn't matter. We don't get a vote. If the merger fails, no, I don't want Sprint to lay off employees, 99.999% of whom have zero fault with sprints finacial issues. Why would I want those people to be unemployed? No I don't want Sprint to raise their rates. Why would I want the industry to go into an upward trend in pricing? That doesn't benefit me in any way, nor does it benefit the average consumer. So I stick to my opinions that, if the merger fails, and there is a chance it will, that Sprint will somehow find a way to become a viable carrier on their own. I mean seriously, what type of person would be happy to see people laid off, just to "win" a debate on a message board?
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 01-14-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2019, 12:38 AM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 10:29 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. finally, i got the real answers to the a530
    By Vyruz Reaper in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks