Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone/Ebay RANT!

Feedback Score
    Have you tried an already active SIM in the phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    The phone number was an existing Tracfone number which uses Verizon towers in this area. I was rpl an LG164VL with this Samsung bundle. Like I said, I spent hours on chat + on the phone with Tracfone. I was told by more than one of their reps this dealer is NOT Tracfone proper. You all can think what you like, but I have no reason to suspect any of you know more about this seller than the Tracfone employees I spoke with. As I said in the first post, I was never asked what zipcode this phone would be used. AND, I wrote the seller twice offering that info but they never bothered to answer my email (I VERY common problem listed in their feedback). Never had a problem in the past buying from Tracfone website or HSN, just this Ebay website. Take it for what it's worth!
    Then it is the activation problem. Like everybody is saying, the listing looks legitimate to me too. Anyway you can just document the situation (chat records with TracFone, etc.) and file a case with eBay to get your money back.

Feedback Score
    I've used Ebay messaging to contact seller of that item and have received responses from Executive Resolution Department
    TracFone Wireless. To file a claim, you are supposed to start by contacting the seller via ebay messaging.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paaz View Post
    I've used Ebay messaging to contact seller of that item and have received responses from Executive Resolution Department
    TracFone Wireless. To file a claim, you are supposed to start by contacting the seller via ebay messaging.
    Odd story, but I too think the store is legit...at one point someone had a US number for a TF rep....

One of the best things about ebay is the support they give their buyers. I have sent many things back at the cost of the seller and gotten refunds....a handful of things I have bought that were bad , the seller seems to have disappeared and ebay sent me a refund out of their pocket before I could even ask for it.
    I would send them back and ask for a refund.

Feedback Score

Is Ebay seller really Tracfone?

Here yah go peeps, just got off chat!

Tracfone: Thank you for visiting Tracfone today. How may I
    help you?
    You: Have a very simple question. I purchased 2 phones on
    ebay from what it says is TRACFONE. They wouldn't work.
    When I spoke to your customer service, they told me that
    seller is NOT Tracfone. It's either you or it isn't, simply answer
    the question.
    Noel: Thank you for being a valued Tracfone customer!
    Noel: I'll be more then willing to assist you regarding your
    concern about the phones that we offer
    Noel: If you will purchase a phone from an outside source
    they Cannot check and confirm if the phone will work on your
    Area.
    Noel: Unlike if you will order it from us We will always ask for
    your ZIP code for us to make sure that the phone will work on
    your area.
    You: Just answer my question!
    Noel: Ebay is not our retailer.
    You: So the seller that calls himself "TRAFONE" on ebay is
    not you?
    Noel: Yes.
    Noel: That is NOT us.
    You: Thank you!
    Noel: Ebay is not our retailer.
    N

Feedback Score
    I simply C+P'd the above text. But, I just rx the official copy of the transcript and it included this info for reference.

Reference Number 742915736482353220
    DATE/TIME: 2019-12-08 09:58:17

Feedback Score
    1. It is bad practice to be rude to anybody, especially customer service. You need their help.

2. It is apparent that the agent did not understand exactly what you were asking. There is a language barrier and also a limit to the canned responses.

3. You did nothing wrong by ordering from Tracfone's eBay Store. The phones have an issue. Tracfone will take care of it.

4. Enough already. Everybody has issues with vendors from time to time. Handle things with adult common sense.

5. If you were a customer service agent, would you want people to yell at you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    1. It is bad practice to be rude to anybody, especially customer service. You need their help.

2. It is apparent that the agent did not understand exactly what you were asking. There is a language barrier and also a limit to the canned responses.

3. You did nothing wrong by ordering from Tracfone's eBay Store. The phones have an issue. Tracfone will take care of it.

4. Enough already. Everybody has issues with vendors from time to time. Handle things with adult common sense.

5. If you were a customer service agent, would you want people to yell at you?
    When you're wrong, just say you're wrong, that's what adults do!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    @Rocks2368

Many of us in this forum have bought phones and time cards from that seller on Ebay since 2016 without problems. They use plenty of Tracfone-copyrighted material in their listings. If you think that seller is not the "real" Tracfone company, then contact Tracfone, ask for Executive Resolutions Dept, tell them that there's an Ebay seller doing business as "Tracfone Wireless" and causes confusions/problems for Tracfone customers. Tracfone has plenty of lawyers to take legal actions against that seller if what you claim is true.

Feedback Score
    Does area code just have to do with which carrier is dominant?

Feedback Score
    When you're wrong, just say you're wrong, that's what adults do!
    People are being polite here and have given you all kind of hints that you are wrong. There was a response to your other thread that clearly indicated that. Here is a cut-n-past of the response "Ebay messaging to contact seller of that item and have received responses from Executive Resolution Department TracFone Wireless".

Feedback Score
    I posted what I was told by Tracfone + most of you refused to believe it. Remember now, this is what I'm being told by more than one person at Tracfone, not what I'm saying, what they're saying. Sooooo, I post precisely their written response including name, date, time, and reference numbers and you still argue. Mind you, none of your arguments are documented as I have done, it's all simply opinion/lip service. Back it up as I have done for you or it's nothing more than hearsay/personal opinion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Does area code just have to do with which carrier is dominant?
    Tracfone will steer the situation to whichever carrier is offering the better financial incentive. Even if the carrier has poor coverage there in practice.

If an area has only one compatible carrier, Tracfone will accept it.

The new Tracfone phones seem to ship with Verizon SIMs. There must be some kind of deal. At least you know they are whitelisted even if they are DL phones.

Feedback Score
    I posted what I was told by Tracfone + most of you refused to believe it. Remember now, this is what I'm being told by more than one person at Tracfone, not what I'm saying, what they're saying. Sooooo, I post precisely their written response including name, date, time, and reference numbers and you still argue. Mind you, none of your arguments are documented as I have done, it's all simply opinion/lip service. Back it up as I have done for you or it's nothing more than hearsay/personal opinion.
    Tracfone first-line customer service is not reliable for technical issues. They don't have the service where they live, so everything is just hearsay for them. Never mind the language barrier and what they hear on the floor from other agents.

If you take their word for everything, you are going to be misled.

You are digging a bigger hole for yourself by keeping up this nonsense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Tracfone first-line customer service is not reliable for technical issues. They don't have the service where they live, so everything is just hearsay for them. Never mind the language barrier and what they hear on the floor from other agents.

If you take their word for everything, you are going to be misled.

You are digging a bigger hole for yourself by keeping up this nonsense.
    When yah got an official communication backing up your hearsay, entertain us with it like I did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast