Thread: Sprint has gutted cobranded discount programs

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sprint has gutted cobranded discount programs

I've generally used Sprint's program with American Airlines to earn AAdvantage miles (5,000 per year if you keep the discount applied for 12 months) most of the calendar year, and then switched to the the AAA program in December to have them renew my AAA membership. I should have read the fine print which changed because now you have to have at least one line on the Unlimited Plus or Unlimited Premium plan to qualify for all affinity discount programs. I'm currently on a unadvertised plan, and won't switch because if I can't switch back it will cost me $30 a month more and that would negate Spring renewing my $73 AAA membership in a few months.

Feedback Score
    Yeah...my buddy said he lost his subscription to Hulu. Get the cheapest possible plan that suits your needs with Sprint. Nothing will improve until the merger gets settled...

Sprint Kickstart until the apocalypse!

- Z2 Force / Pixel 3
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    Yeah...my buddy said he lost his subscription to Hulu. Get the cheapest possible plan that suits your needs with Sprint. Nothing will improve until the merger gets settled...
    How did he lose his Hulu subscription ? I have a grandfathered plan with Sprint at a lower price that is no longer offered. I still have my Hulu subscription and was never forced to change my plan that I have had at least 2 years now.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    He just said if he wants to keep it that he has to pay for it now where it used to be free. Not sure what plan he has but I know it's nothing like the kick starter plan.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have my doubts since I still have my Hulu at no charge. Something must have changed on your friend's account to require him to pay for it.

The Unlimited Basic w/ Sprint @ $60/month for 1 line still includes free Hulu.

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Something must have changed on your friend's account to require him to pay for it.
    Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Almost all plans include Hulu unless that has changed very recently. The discount plan eligibility changed and had I stayed on the AAdvantage plan, I'd still be earning AAdvantage miles. But I changed to the AAA discount to get my AAA membership renewed and then got an e-mail saying I had to change to a Unlimited Plus or Unlimited Premium plan to get my benefits. Then I checked the fine print on all the other loyalty programs and realized I was screwed. The morale of the story is check to make sure nothing has changed, and if it has whether it still makes sense to make the change.