Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Almost 2020, HDVoice interoperability with Verizon?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question Almost 2020, HDVoice interoperability with Verizon?

Due to the agreement between AT&T and T-Mobile for STIR/SHAKEN there have been numerous reports the HD voice is working between the two carriers.

It would be nice if someone here can also confirm this that HDVoice continues to work between T-Mobile and AT&T.

Does anyone know if T-Mobile HD voice is interoperable with Verizon at this time?

Feedback Score
    I feel like it is because my father has VZW and I swear when I call him HD Voice is on. But I have no proof.

Feedback Score
    I am on a Verizon MVNO and I have HDVoice+ (EVS-SWB codec) with other people on my network and HDVoice (AMR-WB) with others.
    I can view the codec in use on my Samsung S10 service screen, *#0011#

PS: That screen gets "hidden" at every firmware update on my provider, so I need to unlock it with *#22745927# and using MSL 000000 to enable the Hidden Menu.

If interested you can PM me your number for testing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    Does anyone know if T-Mobile HD voice is interoperable with Verizon at this time?
    I can confirm that VoLTE / HDVoice works between T-Mobile (unlocked version of Samsung Galaxy S9) and Verizon (IPhone 7).

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Nothing either direction (calling or receiving) with iP11 Pro (AT&T) and iP11 Pro (T-Mobile). MN to IN and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    It'll be nice when this is behind us, as calling anyone on Verizon sucks.

Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HD voice interoperability with AT&T and Verizon is literally the only reason I'm not on T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Nothing either direction (calling or receiving) with iP11 Pro (AT&T) and iP11 Pro (T-Mobile). MN to IN and vice versa.

AT&T and T-Mobile has HD sound in South & Central Florida. It is crystal clear and has a HD icon. When I am in Florida and I talk to friends 25 miles outside of Memphis there is no HD sound on their iPhone with AT&T.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    AT&T and T-Mobile has HD sound in South & Central Florida. It is crystal clear and has a HD icon. When I am in Florida and I talk to friends 25 miles outside of Memphis there is no HD sound on their iPhone with AT&T.
    Interesting. I know two people who use T-Mobile in my area (military discount) and I get no HD voice when calling her iPhone 11 or his iPhone 7. The carriers need to sort this out, HD voice is a massive step up in quality and usability.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Almost 2020, HDVoice interoperability with Verizon?

Interesting. I know two people who use T-Mobile in my area (military discount) and I get no HD voice when calling her iPhone 11 or his iPhone 7. The carriers need to sort this out, HD voice is a massive step up in quality and usability.

Ageee 100% the last time I tested T-Mobile it was difficult to hear the other person— I’ve been using HDVoice with ATT or Verizon for years. Going back is painful.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohio818 View Post
    HD voice interoperability with AT&T and Verizon is literally the only reason I'm not on T-Mobile.
    That's interesting. How did we all find cellular communication "good enough" for three decades, but somehow today the lack of "HD Voice" can be a deal breaker?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    It is very phone dependent so YMMV.

On my present phone HD Voice sounds great with crisp highs, but lacks low midrange.

VoLTE sounds decent, but can be a bit annoying as it also lacks lower midrange.

HSPA sounds the best all around since it has added depth & highs are generally good.

1x can vary widely depending on signal stength & the quality of the phone on the other end..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    That's interesting. How did we all find cellular communication "good enough" for three decades, but somehow today the lack of "HD Voice" can be a deal breaker?
    Yeah, really.

I actually prefer the old cell voice. It discourages people from having long conversations. ;~>

I"m halfway kidding. VoLTE/HD Voice does sound good, but I still don't want long cellphone conversations.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post

Because it’s 2019 and you shouldn’t have to compromise such a basic feature. T-Mobile advertised that they had the best voice quality for years, but suddenly it doesn’t matter because they no longer do if you’re calling one of the 2/3 of the US with a cellphone that doesn’t have T-Mobile? Come on now...

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Because it’s 2019 and you shouldn’t have to compromise such a basic feature. T-Mobile advertised that they had the best voice quality for years, but suddenly it doesn’t matter because they no longer do if you’re calling one of the 2/3 of the US with a cellphone that doesn’t have T-Mobile? Come on now...

There are many things in life I shouldn't *have* to compromise on, but yet I do.

As long as T-Mo costs me 2/3rds of what I'd pay other carriers, I'll put up with 2/3rds of the service.

90%+ of my voice usage is to other members of my family, who are either on my T-Mo plan or on a landline, so I never even knew until this thread that there was a carrier interoperability issue with this. I just assumed if both sides had VoLTE it would sound decent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast