Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    I still believe it was due to not setting up the phones for this area network, because they never bothered to ask where they'd be used. In fact, in the transcript with Tracfone customer service I posted today, they specifically state that's why they ask for area code.
    There's only one version of the J7 Crown and it uses the TF/Verizon network. If TF/Verizon doesn't work for your zip code, then your LG164VL Fiesta 2 would not have worked either. Whether the seller asked for your zip code is inconsequential in this case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did you try sim swapping, or are they on different networks? Before I activate a new phone, I sim swap just to make sure there isn't a problem with the new phone.
    I did not, nor did they suggest it. I plugged in the new phones, fully charged them, went thru the android set ups + updates. At that time I did the change phone procedure on Tracfone's website. It said I was all set up, but the phones wouldn't work. I was credited with the months, mins etc. Then I chatted for a couple hours, and when CSR got tired of relaying info from tech services to me, I gave her my home phone + tech services called me direct. Must have spoke to 4 different ones, they all had different opinions about network settings. Had me try several different ones, do network resets, factory resets, etc. Nothing worked, finally gave up.

Feedback Score
    My J7 Crown came today and I got it all transferred and set up in minutes. The wallet case for my LG Fiesta 2 is also a perfect fit for the Crown so I don't need to get a new one.

Only 1 minor nit pick...There seems to be no double tap to wake screen. I love this feature on the Fiesta 2. Can I access that feature on the Crown, or should I just get used to pressing the power button all the time? Other than that small annoyance I love the phone so far.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r
    Only 1 minor nit pick...There seems to be no double tap to wake screen. I love this feature on the Fiesta 2. Can I access that feature on the Crown, or should I just get used to pressing the power button all the time?
    Double tap to wake/sleep is an LG feature. Don't know if there's an app for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Double tap to wake/sleep is an LG feature. Don't know if there's an app for it.
    Thanks. I had no idea that was exclusive to LG. I guess i'll just have to live without it.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r View Post
    I had no idea that was exclusive to LG. I guess i'll just have to live without it.
    My ASUS tablet has the double-tap feature. Don't know if LG has an exclusive right to that feature and other manufacturers have to license from LG.

There's a Double Tap Screen On/Off app , but the note says after Android 8.0 it doesn't work to turn ON.

Feedback Score
    Don't know if LG has an exclusive right to that feature and other manufacturers have to license from LG.
    Probably not. Last week when I saw Samsung Galaxy A10e at a reasonable price, I got interested. I downloaded the user manual to checked out whether it had the double-tap screen on/off function. Well, the function was mentioned in the user manual but only available in A20, not in A10e. So I passed.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    LG has been a big proponent for the feature. They use extra hardware to reduce battery drain.

Apps and other routes to do it suffer battery drain and it never caught on. And Google made changes making it harder/impossible for many.

Motorola likes to use a sensor to wake when you pick up the phone.

And bow the fingerprint reader is used by most. Just scan finger and it wakes and unlocks.

Feedback Score
    I've been using it a couple of weeks now and while I like it, I think I prefer the LG Fiesta 2. For one, battery life is MUCH better on the Fiesta. I could use it all day and percentage would still be in the 80's by the end of the day whereas Samsung was in the 60's at one point and I wasn't even using it all that much.

It charges quick though....but the Fiesta charges crazy fast so LG still has the edge there. I find I don't miss the double tap all that much. There's a button at the bottom of the phone that you can just press once to wake it up which i'm getting used to and do like.

Colors on the screen of the Samsung seem more pronounced and look very nice so Samsung gets a plus there over the LG. However, the brightness out in daytime isn't as good as LG. I have to turn it all the way up to max brightness on Samsung and it's still not as bright as the LG is on a lesser setting. So it lacks there which is a biggie for me. I never had problems viewing the Fiesta while outside.

I love all the choices for Galaxy Themes you can choose from in Settings....LG phones doesn't seem to have this. I looked and couldn't find it. But it's nice to just go into settings and change themes so easily.

I've had the LG just sitting on a table the past couple of days and just picked it up to look at it....not plugged in for 2 days and STILL at 96% battery!! Very impressive! I'll keep using the Samsung, but keep the LG around at home to use with my Wi Fi. For the price paid, the Crown is good, and basically free with all the data, minutes and one year of service. I'm good with service with Tracfone now till April of 2022 and have over 10,000 texts which i'll never be able to use.

But I think my next phone will be going back to an LG just for the very impressive battery life.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r View Post
    But I think my next phone will be going back to an LG just for the very impressive battery life.
    To be fair, the Fiesta 2 has a huge 4500 mAh battery vs the J7 Crown's 3300 mAh. It like comparing the range of a vehicle with 45-gallon tank vs one with 33-gallon tank. With that said, my wife's Fiesta 2 usually last 12-14 days between charges with her typical usage of a few short calls and texts per day.

Feedback Score
    To be fair, the Fiesta 2 has a huge 4500 mAh battery vs the J7 Crown's 3300 mAh. It like comparing the range of a vehicle with 45-gallon tank vs one with 33-gallon tank. With that said, my wife's Fiesta 2 usually last 12-14 days between charges with her typical usage of a few short calls and texts per day.

I never knew about mAh before but will make a priority of looking at the numbers for that when selecting phones from now on. If the Samsung had the same battery as Fiesta 2, it would be perfect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2