Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown

Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown

I've had the LG Fiesta 2 for almost a year now and see on QVC right now they have the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown on sale for $79.98 w/free shipping and 6 easy payments of $13.33. Comes with 1500 mins, 1500 texts, 1.5 GB data and one year of service.
    Both have the same 5.5 screens which I prefer and both have 13mp camera. So i'm just wondering if the Samsung is considered an upgrade from the LG Fiesta? The data and year of service alone makes it a good buy anyway, i'm just curious how J7 compares with Fiesta 2?

EDIT: I just noticed my Fiesta 2 is Android 7.0 and the J7 is 8.0 Oreo. So does that make it a good upgrade?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Based on This Comparison (click on Learn More below each phone), the J7 has faster processors and later Android, but the Fiesta 2 has a much larger battery.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that comparison. I love the battery life of the Fiesta. For the price, I think it's worth trying the J7 and if I don't like it, I can just switch back and still get my money's worth with the data and year of service. Hopefully someone will chime in who owns the J7.

Feedback Score
    I just saw tracfone is making changes to their network in 2020. I can't tell if this phone will be compatible with the changes, so perhaps I should hold off on new phones until then?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r View Post
    I just saw tracfone is making changes to their network in 2020. I can't tell if this phone will be compatible with the changes, so perhaps I should hold off on new phones until then?
    The Crown is Verizon only, but it is VoLTE capable. It is not like the new Tracfone DL models that have the radios for Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. AT&T and T-Mobile will change over to VoLTE at a later date than Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The Crown is Verizon only, but it is VoLTE capable. It is not like the new Tracfone DL models that have the radios for Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. AT&T and T-Mobile will change over to VoLTE at a later date than Verizon.
    Thanks! I'm going to order it now.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    There is a J7 Crown S757BL which has AT&T and T-Mobile support.

Feedback Score
    Hmm. I ordered it and will compare it to my Fiesta when it comes but I just noticed that the Crown has lesser width over the Fiesta.

Crown is 3.0 inches wide while my Fiesta is 3.07" wide. The Crown does appear a little skinny in pictures and i'm wondering if that's a drawback in any way? And also...how on earth can they both be 5.5" screens if one's width is lesser than the other? I don't get it.

I think the screen size on my Fiesta is perfect so when I saw the Crown was advertising 5.5" too, I figured they were exactly the same screens. Is the .07 difference in width barely noticeable to make much of a difference?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Crown is 3.0 inches wide while my Fiesta is 3.07" wide. The Crown does appear a little skinny in pictures and i'm wondering if that's a drawback in any way? And also...how on earth can they both be 5.5" screens if one's width is lesser than the other? I don't get it.
    The screen size is measured diagonally. The Crown is narrower but taller than the Fiesta 2, so it has the same advertised screen size.

Feedback Score
    I've had the LG Fiesta 2 for almost a year now and see on QVC right now they have the Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown on sale for $79.98 w/free shipping and 6 easy payments of $13.33. Comes with 1500 mins, 1500 texts, 1.5 GB data and one year of service.
    Both have the same 5.5 screens which I prefer and both have 13mp camera. So i'm just wondering if the Samsung is considered an upgrade from the LG Fiesta? The data and year of service alone makes it a good buy anyway, i'm just curious how J7 compares with Fiesta 2?

EDIT: I just noticed my Fiesta 2 is Android 7.0 and the J7 is 8.0 Oreo. So does that make it a good upgrade?
    I'm in the exact same boat! Have a Fiesta II, love it, but my service plan is ending and screen is cracked in both my/wife Fiestas. Since Fiestas are no longer avail, best rpl I found was the Samsung J7. Ordered 2 and neither will work in the 44622 zip.

First, the size of the 2 are literally identical, so you'll be pleased with that. The screen is much sharper on the Samsung. Tried the camera + the pics are also sharper + more colorful. Now, since the mp ratings of the cams are about the same, not sure if it's really a better pic or just looks better cuz it's a better screen. Regarding battery size, while the LG much bigger (4500 compared to 3300) the talk/standy times appeared similar so my thinking was the Samsung might be more efficient. But, since mine won't work on Verizon, they're both going back. Hope you have better luck with them. Problem appears to be somewhere in the area referred by other poster. In the settings, you can select CDMA, LTE/CDMA, VOLT, and one other box that says Tracfone. All the tech reps I spoke with couldn't agree how it should be set. Oh, and roaming off!

Good luck, anxious to hear how you like it. BTW, that's also $20 cheaper than what I paid for the identical package on ebay.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat! Have a Fiesta II, love it, but my service plan is ending and screen is cracked in both my/wife Fiestas. Since Fiestas are no longer avail, best rpl I found was the Samsung J7. Ordered 2 and neither will work in the 44622 zip.

First, the size of the 2 are literally identical, so you'll be pleased with that. The screen is much sharper on the Samsung. Tried the camera + the pics are also sharper + more colorful. Now, since the mp ratings of the cams are about the same, not sure if it's really a better pic or just looks better cuz it's a better screen. Regarding battery size, while the LG much bigger (4500 compared to 3300) the talk/standy times appeared similar so my thinking was the Samsung might be more efficient. But, since mine won't work on Verizon, they're both going back. Hope you have better luck with them. Problem appears to be somewhere in the area referred by other poster. In the settings, you can select CDMA, LTE/CDMA, VOLT, and one other box that says Tracfone. All the tech reps I spoke with couldn't agree how it should be set. Oh, and roaming off!

Good luck, anxious to hear how you like it. BTW, that's also $20 cheaper than what I paid for the identical package on ebay.
    Thanks for all that helpful info. I'm sorry the phone won't work in your area. I think I should be ok where I am. I live in Orlando and i've had very good experiences with all my Tracfones connecting with both Verizon and TMobile, so i'm hoping I won't have any issues with the Crown.

I watched a few You Tube videos on it last night and while it does appear slightly skinnier than the Fiesta, I don't think it will be much of an issue. I love the Fiesta so if I wind up not liking the Crown, I can always switch back.

It does make me slightly nervous why the price has dropped so low...makes me wonder if they're trying to quickly unload them for some reason lol.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Since Fiestas are no longer avail, best rpl I found was the Samsung J7. Ordered 2 and neither will work in the 44622 zip.
    The J7 that you ordered got the message from Verizon when you tried to make a call. That meant somehow the activation was botched and the phone had zero balance. If the phone doesn't work in that zip code (i.e. no Verizon coverage), you would not have had a connection to Verizon to get that message.

When you activated the J7, did you do it as a new line or with a transfer from your old Tracfone? If you did a transfer, did the old phone quit working (indicating that its service had been transferred out to the J7)?
    Last edited by hpham; 12-08-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have two Fiesta 2s on PPC pay as you go, and have been eyeing the J7 Crown since it was first introduced.

There were some killer deals for it (maybe even still - $50 from several sources, including Straight Talk & Total Wireless websites).

But for me it came down to, the J7 wasn't much of a perceived upgrade, in my view, so I'm letting it pass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The J7 that you ordered got the message from Verizon when you tried to make a call. That meant somehow the activation was botched and the phone had zero balance. If the phone doesn't work in that zip code (i.e. no Verizon coverage), you would not have had a connection to Verizon to get that message.

When you activated the J7, did you do it as a new line or with a transfer from your old Tracfone? If you did a transfer, did the old phone quit working (indicating that its service had been transferred out to the J7)?
    No, this was an existing Tracfone acct with several months remaining + gangs of min/data/texts. I was keeping the same number, simply transferring from LG Fiesta II to Samsung J7 Crown. Yes, the old phone stopped working. And yes, the tech rep said the new sim was activated and the network was up + running. They tried calling me to get the error codes. Have no idea what those codes revealed to them. After several hours + no solutions, I simply told them to reactivate the old phones + I'd return the new. It was obviously something in the setup because the same problem was on both phones. And I still believe it was due to not setting up the phones for this area network, because they never bothered to ask where they'd be used. In fact, in the transcript with Tracfone customer service I posted today, they specifically state that's why they ask for area code.

Feedback Score
    No, this was an existing Tracfone acct with several months remaining + gangs of min/data/texts. I was keeping the same number, simply transferring from LG Fiesta II to Samsung J7 Crown. Yes, the old phone stopped working. And yes, the tech rep said the new sim was activated and the network was up + running. They tried calling me to get the error codes. Have no idea what those codes revealed to them. After several hours + no solutions, I simply told them to reactivate the old phones + I'd return the new. It was obviously something in the setup because the same problem was on both phones. And I still believe it was due to not setting up the phones for this area network, because they never bothered to ask where they'd be used. In fact, in the transcript with Tracfone customer service I posted today, they specifically state that's why they ask for area code.
    Just out of curiosity, did you try sim swapping, or are they on different networks? Before I activate a new phone, I sim swap just to make sure there isn't a problem with the new phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast