Thread: LG164VL replacement?

Feedback Score

LG164VL replacement?

So, now that the Samsung is going back, what's the best replacement for this phone? REALLY like the 13MP camera and 4500mha battery. Don't wanna go backwards in these 2 areas. Samsung J7 crown was the closest thing I could find.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    So, now that the Samsung is going back, what's the best replacement for this phone? REALLY like the 13MP camera and 4500mha battery. Don't wanna go backwards in these 2 areas. Samsung J7 crown was the closest thing I could find.
    https://www.amazon.com/TracFone-Styl...jaz10cnVl&th=1

It is the LG Stylo 4. And you get the extra time (1000/2000/2 gb) included for $80. Now if you would rather just have the phone, well, that's $119. Just the phone is $40 more than the phone with the extra minutes. I do not understand this at all.

Battery is not as big as you want, but, I can go 4 days without charging. I'm just a normal user. I have the unlocked version that has 32gb.

Feedback Score
    After your rant in the other thread and belief that a Tracfone CSR is more knowledgeable then anyone in these forums I'm surprised you're asking for input from the same people. You gave up on the Crowns claiming a fake seller even when being told it's a legit seller and just an activation issue. You never followed up on what other activation issues there may be to get accurate info from the knowledge in these forums which is above any CSR you'll talk to. You never said what the CSRs response was concerning failure to activate and any actions you've taken to remedy that other then your belief your Crowns are somehow fakes. I believe your LG SIM is nano, just stick it in a Crown and see what happens.
    Of course you'll ask a TF CSR if you can put the LG SIM (assuming it's nano) in the Crown and they'll say no and you'll believe them.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Just in case anybody is wondering, the thread rpz1 is referring to is: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...4#post17107104

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    how much is OP wanting to spend? For around $150-200 you can find LG V35's online assuming ATT is decent coverage in your local area and do BYOP and have SD 845 cpu plus 6gb ram and 64gb storage and blow the pants off any "budget phone" in that price range, some of which cost more. I've seen the older V30 for about $100 online too.

I'd only do budget phones if I needed something cheap to get me by nowadays. If budget allowed whatsoever, I'd go slightly used older flagship online and do BYOP sim. I'd keep your current phone personally until you could get a used flagship online, no risks really honestly considering if you get it from a good seller, and paypal has a 6 month return window anyway

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    After your rant in the other thread and belief that a Tracfone CSR is more knowledgeable then anyone in these forums I'm surprised you're asking for input from the same people. You gave up on the Crowns claiming a fake seller even when being told it's a legit seller and just an activation issue. You never followed up on what other activation issues there may be to get accurate info from the knowledge in these forums which is above any CSR you'll talk to. You never said what the CSRs response was concerning failure to activate and any actions you've taken to remedy that other then your belief your Crowns are somehow fakes. I believe your LG SIM is nano, just stick it in a Crown and see what happens.
    Of course you'll ask a TF CSR if you can put the LG SIM (assuming it's nano) in the Crown and they'll say no and you'll believe them.
    If you're gonna claim people said things, quote them, don't make up crap and claim others said it. That's called lying!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post

It is the LG Stylo 4. And you get the extra time (1000/2000/2 gb) included for $80. Now if you would rather just have the phone, well, that's $119. Just the phone is $40 more than the phone with the extra minutes. I do not understand this at all.

Battery is not as big as you want, but, I can go 4 days without charging. I'm just a normal user. I have the unlocked version that has 32gb.
    You don't understand why a promotional price package is lower??!!

Sent from my LML211BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post

I looked into these and originally blew them off cuz of the size. Don't really wanna go much bigger than the Fiesta II. But, now that I'm looking at it again, it appears it's only slightly longer and the other features are great. Thanx, I'll look into this some more. I've always had LG phones and always been happy with them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    You don't understand why a promotional price package is lower??!!

Sent from my LML211BL using HoFo mobile app
    Ummm, yes I do. But, my point is, why would someone spend $40 more for just the phone?