Thread: SO sick of this.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

SO sick of this.

Rewind back to july my sim card got hi jacked and they got into my bank account and got money and got my credit cards sent to them where i had to get a new bank account and new credit cards.. and i had to change my PIN with cricket and set up security questions and everything. WELL tonight i get a text saying my PIN code has been changed... so i called up cricket and they said yeah SOMEONE called and they knew the PIN and changed the pin but they didnt do anything else.. they didn't port my number out or do anything else... I BARELY know my pin let alone told anyone else my pin.. i mean seriously what gives? i dont have any of my banking linked to my number anymore but this is getting ridiculous how someone with a phone service has to deal with this. i know about social engineering and all that and how some cricket reps won't even ask for the PIN when they're suppose to. i mean what are you SUPPOSE to do?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't know if this is any better, but I have my # at google voice. I'm able to receive validation codes from banks. There are some (can't recall which) that don't work with google voice but offer email as a method to send the code.

If the carrier number gets compromised, that's ok. I don't even know what it is without looking it up.

It costs $20 to port into gv, or free if you start with a google provided number.

Might not be a bad idea to place a fraud alert on your credit report too, or even a freeze on all 3 if you're not applying for credit or opening new accounts.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. Yes i've put a lock on my credit and did fraud alert on all of it. nothing is sms linked to my accounts from my number anymore because all of this its just crap to feel like ur not secure when it's ur own account. Somehow these hackers are calling and pretending to be you and tricking the rep and bypassing the PIN thats suppose to be used for security its just crazy.