Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, you couldn't pay me to wear advertising for Sprint!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Where is the link? What app is that?
    Personal: Sprint Apple iPhone 6s (A1688) on Sprint Post Paid SERO Premium SWAC Plus running iOS 13.3 with Sprint 40.0 and PRL 55071 and modem firmware 7.30.02 and SIM card version 63.09a
    Work: Verizon LG G2

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmster View Post
    It won't be advertising once their name is T-Mobile. It will then be a collectable.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    It won't be advertising once their name is T-Mobile. It will then be a collectable.
    Well played and true!!! However, it is past time for Sprint to die.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    The hated toward Sprint continues unabated. I never had a problem with Sprint because I investigated in advance whether service would be good for my needs.

The carrier who gave me the biggest hassale was T-Mobile. A couple of years ago I signed up on a senior plan where I get 2 unlimited plans for $70. I was told if I didn't like it I could cancel within 30 days. I cancelled within 3 days because speeds were poor. T-Mobile continued to Bill me for months threatening me immediately with going to the credit agencies. I held my ground and after 6 months, I finally found a good Rep online who took care of this. Till that point, T-Mobile and I played hardball. I told them they could go to G-d almighty and I wasn't paying since I cancelled in 3 days.
    What a crap outfit T-Mobile is. I am out once I get pressure to switch to T-Mobile our they increase the price on my two $25 unlimited data plans.

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    And one other thing about T-Mobile: My Fidelity brokerage Visa credit card backed me all the way in regard to my dispute with0 T-Mobile, infuriating T-Mobile even more. CS at Visa told me that they receive lots of complaints and disputes from customers concerning T-Mobile.
    I would rather deal with Sprint CS than T-Mobile CS any day if the week. Sure, Sprint CS tends to be crude and hardcore whereas T-Mobike CS is nice on the surface. But when push comes to shove, T-Mobile is as hardcore as it gets in terms of putting the heat on to collect unjustified payments.

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    The hated toward Sprint continues unabated. I never had a problem with Sprint because I investigated in advance whether service would be good for my needs.
    A few days after my 18th birthday (in 2001) I wanted to get my first and own cell phone.

I applied at all the major providers at the time.

The following are the deposits I was asked to pay to get my first cell phone a few days after my 18th birthday in 2001.

Need I say why I went with Sprint?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A few days after my 18th birthday (in 2001) I wanted to get my first and own cell phone.

I applied at all the major providers at the time.

The following are the deposits I was asked to pay to get my first cell phone a few days after my 18th birthday in 2001.

Need I say why I went with Sprint?
    This is also the beginning of bad financial decisions that would continue for the next two decades for Sprint. Not saying you didn't pay and become a responsible user of credit, but Sprint in those days gave anyone with a pulse a post paid account. Granted the most a deposit one would pay was a $150 deposit with a $150 account spending limit, but because they didn't really explain to such a consumer that they were playing the credit game (many thought they were prepaying for service), Sprint ended up getting a large customer base of people who didn't pay their bills. Back in those days, wireless companies were very selective about who they gave service to as their costs of handset subsidies put them at a huge risk if someone didn't pay.

Sprint was able to lower that, by essentially selling the handset at retail price in the beginning, thus their risk of extending credit to those was much lower than the "traditional cellular" co's like Cingular and Verizon.

Not trying to bash Sprint, they were out there on the edge of the industry back then when they rolled out their first CDMA 1900 network on their nationwide licenses, and shook up an industry. They just didn't have a full vision of the future or a long term plan for profitability.

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    The hated toward Sprint continues unabated.
    HoFo mobile app
    Dude, chill out. I'm a Sprint subscriber, not one of those trolls who had a bad experience with Sprint and then trolls this forum. The reason, I posted that is in general I don't like advertising a product. I remove the dealer license plate bracket after I buy a car (and insist on any decals be removed), and as far as clothing is concerned you'll never see me wearing clothing with a large logo or lettering on it. Maybe a small logo, is fine but no big pony merchandise for me!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000 View Post
    Back in those days, wireless companies were very selective about who they gave service to as their costs of handset subsidies put them at a huge risk if someone didn't pay.
    I was prepared to buy a $300 or so Nokia or Kyocera bar phone outright in full and they STILL wanted those crazy deposits. I had just turned 18 so had a blank credit file. I thought it was absolutely crazy, everyone else with a cell at school must have been on their parent's plan or something which mine didn't have cell service so no option there. I don't think prepaid even existed yet.

Fast forward 19 years, I have perfect credit with Sprint, my account has no spending limits and is approved for the maximum number of lines.

If it wouldn't hit me with a hard inquiry I'd be curious to apply for Verizon and AT&T just to see what they say these days being that my perfect Sprint payment history is not reported to credit bureaus, just my student loans.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Dude, chill out. I'm a Sprint subscriber, not one of those trolls who had a bad experience with Sprint and then trolls this forum. The reason, I posted that is in general I don't like advertising a product. I remove the dealer license plate bracket after I buy a car (and insist on any decals be removed), and as far as clothing is concerned you'll never see me wearing clothing with a large logo or lettering on it. Maybe a small logo, is fine but no big pony merchandise for me!
    So no "The North Face" for you?

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So no "The North Face" for you?
    Yes, and you won't see me wearing athletic wear with huge lettering on it either!

Feedback Score
    I wish Verizon did this. That’d be awesome.