Thread: Red pocket plan but no sim

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Red pocket plan but no sim

I bought a renewal for a red pocket plan but I have no sim or plan to renew. Can I just buy a sim off eBay and activate asa new plan

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhendrix9 View Post
    I bought a renewal for a red pocket plan but I have no sim or plan to renew. Can I just buy a sim off eBay and activate asa new plan
    Probably. But if you bought from redpocketstore using eBay, I would verify using eBay messaging.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you bought a pin from redpocket, you could probably contact them to have the send you a Sim.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nokia 1520
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Renewals should not require a new sim. Just go to your Red Pocket account and add the activation code.
    If this is an extension of previous plan, then time period will stack on current plan. I.E. time will be added starting to when your current plan ends.
    If this is a "new" plan it will become effective immediately, and you will lose remainder of current plan. Not major concern of on monthly plan since most can lose is one month of service. It can be major loss if have a yearly plan with a lot of time remaining.

Also remember Red Pocket current Sims/plans are now only valid for 90 days from purchase to activate. Don't know when changed, (early 2019?), but used to be 1 year.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think the op does not currently have redpocket service but bought the pin without a Sim card. So needs a Sim card for the service of their choice.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My sim is on the way but still haven't gotten the code. Sent them a message earlier, we'll see what they say.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    My activation code last month showed up about a day and a half after placing the order on Ebay. Got the order confirmation, about six hours later got a shipping notification, and the code was the next day.

My first Red Pocket activation codes ended up in my junk/spam folder. Marked them as safe, and they now all show up in my inbox.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It was ordered on the 5th, the sim is supposed to be delivered today. Checked my ebay messages as well as the email associated with ebay/paypal. Nothing yet. As you said, in the past I'd get it within a day or two of ordering.

Edit: Package arrived, just the sim. Hmm....

Edit2: Called their 8889933888 # and was able to obtain the pin that way. The rep asked for the ebay id, ebay email addr, and dollar amount paid. Took about about 15 min but was able to provide the code over the phone.

In the past the code was received via ebay messaging. The rep did say the email addr I provided didn't match what was on the order. I used the ebay shopping cart this time. I suspect that's why. Find out in 3 months if it works or not
    Last edited by GPz1100; 12-10-2019 at 01:29 PM.