Thread: AT&T or T-mobile equivalent to Tello

Feedback Score

AT&T or T-mobile equivalent to Tello

Can you recommend an inexpensive option for the AT&T or T-mobile network that is similar to Tello?

One of my teens wants a new Samsung phone (A50, I think). It is easiest/cheapest to buy one off Amazon which states it will work with AT&T or T-mobile.

Currently the Tello plan is $5 or $6 a month plan. The issue is that Tello is CDMA, Sprint if I recall correctly.

Usage is very light texting, next to no calling. Music and game downloads are done on home wifi so no data needed - in fact I would prefer the plan have no mobile data which is how the current Tello plan is set up.

For example, reviewing Red pocket shows that all plans have data, thus looking for other suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion(s).

Feedback Score
    Freeup Mobile: 250 min or text for free on ATT network. This is the cheapest and the best option if 250 min+talk is enough. You can get the sim on Amazon or eBay for $8.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afuturestrader View Post
    Can you recommend an inexpensive option for the AT&T or T-mobile network that is similar to Tello? One of my teens wants a new Samsung phone (A50, I think). It is easiest/cheapest to buy one off Amazon which states it will work with AT&T or T-mobile. Currently the Tello plan is $5 or $6 a month plan. The issue is that Tello is CDMA, Sprint if I recall correctly. Usage is very light texting, next to no calling. Music and game downloads are done on home wifi so no data needed - in fact I would prefer the plan have no mobile data which is how the current Tello plan is set up. For example, reviewing Red pocket shows that all plans have data, thus looking for other suggestions. Thanks in advance for your suggestion(s).
    AT&T $2 daily plan ?? - https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/pl...ku4940399.html

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Price wise, can anyone really beat Freedompop on their yearly 1 or 5 gig plans if you need AT&T? Especially if you only really need data.

But they say that voip through their app actually works well too.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    https://prepaidcompare.net/ is a great way to look for prepaid by carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidngenius View Post
    Freeup Mobile: 250 min or text for free on ATT network. This is the cheapest and the best option if 250 min+talk is enough. You can get the sim on Amazon or eBay for $8.

I don't expect it to last more then another year or two but Freeup has been pretty solid for me. I got in on the 1000 minute free plan and they have not taken it away as long as I log on and renew each month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I don't expect it to last more then another year or two but Freeup has been pretty solid for me. I got in on the 1000 minute free plan and they have not taken it away as long as I log on and renew each month.
    Possibly true if you recall ringplus days. However, freeup model is better but they are priced slightly higher than the current market price. I will be getting my sim tomorrow to get the free plan.

People in freeup thread are saying that monthly renewal is no longer needed. I am sure you don't want to find out the hard way.