Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AT&T or T-mobile equivalent to Tello

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T or T-mobile equivalent to Tello

    Can you recommend an inexpensive option for the AT&T or T-mobile network that is similar to Tello?

    One of my teens wants a new Samsung phone (A50, I think). It is easiest/cheapest to buy one off Amazon which states it will work with AT&T or T-mobile.

    Currently the Tello plan is $5 or $6 a month plan. The issue is that Tello is CDMA, Sprint if I recall correctly.

    Usage is very light texting, next to no calling. Music and game downloads are done on home wifi so no data needed - in fact I would prefer the plan have no mobile data which is how the current Tello plan is set up.

    For example, reviewing Red pocket shows that all plans have data, thus looking for other suggestions.

    Thanks in advance for your suggestion(s).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    198
    Feedback Score
    0
    Freeup Mobile: 250 min or text for free on ATT network. This is the cheapest and the best option if 250 min+talk is enough. You can get the sim on Amazon or eBay for $8.

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,963
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by afuturestrader View Post
    Can you recommend an inexpensive option for the AT&T or T-mobile network that is similar to Tello? One of my teens wants a new Samsung phone (A50, I think). It is easiest/cheapest to buy one off Amazon which states it will work with AT&T or T-mobile. Currently the Tello plan is $5 or $6 a month plan. The issue is that Tello is CDMA, Sprint if I recall correctly. Usage is very light texting, next to no calling. Music and game downloads are done on home wifi so no data needed - in fact I would prefer the plan have no mobile data which is how the current Tello plan is set up. For example, reviewing Red pocket shows that all plans have data, thus looking for other suggestions. Thanks in advance for your suggestion(s).
    AT&T $2 daily plan ?? - https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/pl...ku4940399.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,885
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Price wise, can anyone really beat Freedompop on their yearly 1 or 5 gig plans if you need AT&T? Especially if you only really need data.

    But they say that voip through their app actually works well too.

    Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,644
    Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    https://prepaidcompare.net/ is a great way to look for prepaid by carrier.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidngenius View Post
    Freeup Mobile: 250 min or text for free on ATT network. This is the cheapest and the best option if 250 min+talk is enough. You can get the sim on Amazon or eBay for $8.

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

    I don't expect it to last more then another year or two but Freeup has been pretty solid for me. I got in on the 1000 minute free plan and they have not taken it away as long as I log on and renew each month.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    198
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I don't expect it to last more then another year or two but Freeup has been pretty solid for me. I got in on the 1000 minute free plan and they have not taken it away as long as I log on and renew each month.
    Possibly true if you recall ringplus days. However, freeup model is better but they are priced slightly higher than the current market price. I will be getting my sim tomorrow to get the free plan.

    People in freeup thread are saying that monthly renewal is no longer needed. I am sure you don't want to find out the hard way.

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2015, 09:05 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 08:41 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 06:40 PM
  4. WTB: Looking for V105 or 3650 unlocked or T Mobile...WILLING TO TRADE OR BUY
    By mdelro2 in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 08:33 AM
  5. ?????T-Mobile equivalent to *82
    By Isaac in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 02:38 AM

Bookmarks