Thread: T-Mobile luring New Customers with Free 5G Phones

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile luring New Customers with Free 5G Phones

I think this is a good deal for Sprint customers to get a 5G capability with a Free Phone before the merger. T-Mobile will be able to get some additional 5G customers on their network. T-Mobile claims they will offer 15 new 5G phones in 2020. Looks like T-Mobile is going to speed up the transition to 5G to become the #1 5G NR Network in the USA.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/devic...ee-smartphones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I think this is a good deal for Sprint customers to get a 5G capability with a Free Phone before the merger. T-Mobile will be able to get some additional 5G customers on their network. T-Mobile claims they will offer 15 new 5G phones in 2020. Looks like T-Mobile is going to speed up the transition to 5G to become the #1 5G NR Network in the USA.

Free should be in quotes.
    This is the list of accepted trades ins to get the one plus 7t 5g free.

iPhone XS Max

iPhone XS

iPhone XR

iPhone X

iPhone 8 Plus

iPhone 8

Samsung Galaxy S10

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Samsung Galaxy S10 5G

Samsung Galaxy S9

Samsung Galaxy Note10

Samsung Galaxy Note9

Google Pixel 3 XL

Google Pixel 3

OnePlus 7 Pro

LG G8

Besides maybe the iPhone 8....most of those devices are as good, if not better than the one plus device, and currently still retail for almost the price of the 7t 5g.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Besides maybe the iPhone 8....most of those devices are as good, if not better than the one plus device, and currently still retail for almost the price of the 7t 5g.
    I wouldn't say that they are better, maybe close. The 7T series is arguably the best series of phones available right now. Almost all of those on the list are a year old, so they probably don't sell for the MSRP of the McLaren, rather closer to the regular 7T price ($599).

That said, many phones on that list are still powerful enough to keep another year. Then they will be paid off (if on financing) and will still be good trade-ins for one of 15ish new phones. This includes as a trade-in for [possibly] a 5G-capable iPhone or Pixel. Next year's models may have all of the "spectrum cake" layers: n71, n41, and mMwave. That would be what you would want.

It might be worth trading in that S10 5G model to get this or the Note 10+ 5G. Basically a "free" upgrade; same with the 7 Pro since it has only been out for 6 months.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    I wouldn't say that they are better, maybe close. The 7T series is arguably the best series of phones available right now. Almost all of those on the list are a year old, so they probably don't sell for the MSRP of the McLaren, rather closer to the regular 7T price ($599).

That said, many phones on that list are still powerful enough to keep another year. Then they will be paid off (if on financing) and will still be good trade-ins for one of 15ish new phones. This includes as a trade-in for [possibly] a 5G-capable iPhone or Pixel. Next year's models may have all of the "spectrum cake" layers: n71, n41, and mMwave. That would be what you would want.

It might be worth trading in that S10 5G model to get this or the Note 10+ 5G. Basically a "free" upgrade; same with the 7 Pro since it has only been out for 6 months.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I'd rate the S10 series and the note 9/10 as better devices than the OP7T line. Just for cameras alone, same with most of those iPhones listed, and the pixels, but, this is definitely personal preference.

I believe the trade in offer only applies to the 7T 6G. I think the note 10 5G offer is add a line, and it gets paid off in 36 bill credits.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post

The merger still isn't a done deal, and may not happen.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    More articles are coming out that say the state's have a good chance at winning so the deal may not go through. I used to think it would be an easy win for tmobile but it doesn't look like it
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    The merger still isn't a done deal, and may not happen.
    Sent from my VS880 using HoFo mobile app