Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The DL shuffle

Feedback Score

The DL shuffle

So here I am sitting with my BYOP LG G3 and my e5 in front of me thinking about how I could try my LG ATT sim in a DL phone like the e5 or G6 and comparing the pluses and minisus of the e5 and G6 when it occured to me that there is one thing I simply HATE about my e5 and I know its my fault but I cant get around it. My LG has a very simple gallery app by APK. Ver 4.70.25. It works. NO ads, no sharing all my pics between all my devices so I cant delete them...no fancy organization...no telling the app time after time where the pic lives on my phone so I can get permission to delete it...its a KISS app for sure. I love it.
    I cant put it on my e5.
    If I go to the APK site, it says the app is no longer available on google play. If I try and download it, my phone says its dangerous. I went ahead and tried but couldnt down load it.

Does ANYONE have a suggestion for a simple to use intuituve gallery app without ads?

So far, I have decided that the e5 and the G6 were designed so that I pull out my hair.
    e5. So so camera, wonderful battery, great one handed finger print reader.
    G6 better camera, so so battery, two handed finger print reader, good E specs, glass back

Ebay seems to have some good prices from Tracfone, even better than HSN. G6 with one year, $100. I could transfer my e5 to it, then put THAT sim back in the e5 and put the LG sim in the G6.
    Maybe I am overthinking this?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I've been using Simple Gallery 5.1.6 from Simple Mobile Tools.

But it is no longer supported/developed. Only the paid Pro version is. Cost is $1.

I also like Gallery KK version 2.0.3 from Moblynx.
    Though it has adds they aren't intrusive. Or pay $2 to remove them.

Feedback Score
    "DL" phone? Wazzat?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    "DL" phone? Wazzat?
    TF model number ending with DL (instead of VL, AL, BL). The DL models have radios for both CDMA and GSM. Same phone can be used with AT&T, T-mo, Verizon under Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

But it is no longer supported/developed. Only the paid Pro version is. Cost is $1.

Thank you! I will check them out. I dont mind paying if an app does what I want.

Feedback Score

Oh yeahhhhhhh...I tried "Simple Gallery" and its intuitive, old people friendly, and just like my old APK app. Infact, the icon looks like the old icon. The editor, in conjuntion with my "resize" editor, makes taking a pic while on vacation and sending it along to a friend something even ancient people can do....now if I could just decide on whether or not to try a G6 or wait till someone brings a rear fingerprint reading fone with a good camera out....

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    till someone brings a rear fingerprint reading fone with a good camera out.
    I like the Moto G7 Optimo Max (Moto G7 Power). It is $130 at Straight Talk. It comes with a Verizon-based SIM, but I did not bother to try to get it rebranded. I just took out that SIM before powering on, and put my AT&T TracFone BYOP SIM in it.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Oh yeahhhhhhh...I tried "Simple Gallery"
    Glad you like it.

I use both, depending on my mood.
    Maybe I just used KK too long, but something about that gallery feels right.

Then again, I miss ICS and JB with 3d icons, and even the Windows 9x look. The more "modern" stuff leaves me feeling flat.

Feedback Score
    Glad you like it.

I use both, depending on my mood.
    Maybe I just used KK too long, but something about that gallery feels right.

Then again, I miss ICS and JB with 3d icons, and even the Windows 9x look. The more "modern" stuff leaves me feeling flat.
    OK, I will check out that app also...may have more editing options.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I like the Moto G7 Optimo Max (Moto G7 Power). It is $130 at Straight Talk. It comes with a Verizon-based SIM, but I did not bother to try to get it rebranded. I just took out that SIM before powering on, and put my AT&T TracFone BYOP SIM in it.
    Wow....this is the phone with the specs I want at a good price! Its a XL1955DL phone so you are saying that even though it is a straight talk, all I do is take out the sim and slip in my TF BYOP ATT Lg G3 sim before powerup and I am off to the races? Good to go?
    It that is true, I am going to Walmart tomarrow and buy one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    all I do is take out the sim and slip in my TF BYOP ATT Lg G3 sim before powerup and I am off to the races?
    No, you'll need to cut the SIM or transfer to a nano SIM since the G3 uses a different SIM size.

But that should be all. Maybe you'll need to adjust the APN settings.

Of course, it will stay SIM locked to TF companies as you aren't activating it as far as TF is concerned.

Feedback Score
    No, you'll need to cut the SIM or transfer to a nano SIM since the G3 uses a different SIM size.

But that should be all. Maybe you'll need to adjust the APN settings.

Of course, it will stay SIM locked to TF companies as you aren't activating it as far as TF is concerned.
    Ahhhhh...OK. Here is a pic of my G3 sim next to one of the new cut to size sims in a TF BYOP kit. Are you saying the sim in a G7 is bigger than these two, which appear to be the same size? Can I activate the G7 with a BYOP kit and then transfer the G3 over to it using my TF account?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    So here I am sitting with my BYOP LG G3 and my e5 in front of me thinking about how I could try my LG ATT sim in a DL phone like the e5 or G6 and comparing the pluses and minisus of the e5 and G6 when it occured to me that there is one thing I simply HATE about my e5 and I know its my fault but I cant get around it. My LG has a very simple gallery app by APK. Ver 4.70.25. It works. NO ads, no sharing all my pics between all my devices so I cant delete them...no fancy organization...no telling the app time after time where the pic lives on my phone so I can get permission to delete it...its a KISS app for sure. I love it.
    I cant put it on my e5.
    If I go to the APK site, it says the app is no longer available on google play. If I try and download it, my phone says its dangerous. I went ahead and tried but couldnt down load it.

Does ANYONE have a suggestion for a simple to use intuituve gallery app without ads?

So far, I have decided that the e5 and the G6 were designed so that I pull out my hair.
    e5. So so camera, wonderful battery, great one handed finger print reader.
    G6 better camera, so so battery, two handed finger print reader, good E specs, glass back

Ebay seems to have some good prices from Tracfone, even better than HSN. G6 with one year, $100. I could transfer my e5 to it, then put THAT sim back in the e5 and put the LG sim in the G6.
    Maybe I am overthinking this?
    I had the same issue with my Moto G6. The only gallery app it comes with is Google Photos. Grrrrrrrrr, way to complicated and fiddly. All I want is something to see my pictures, delete some, and send them somewhere by email or Drive. Like ST_Dog, I put Simple Mobile Tools - Simple Gallery on mine. I also disabled the Google Photos app.

As ST_DOG noted, the app is no longer supported/developed unless you pay for the Pro version. The free version appears to still be available in the Play Store. I don't need it to be supported/developed. It works as is.

I would also be interested in other recommendations for free, no-ad simple gallery app.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I use Quick-Pic.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    If I were to try Quickpic on my daily driver, what doe that do to the google pics on each of my other phones, active or not even activated ? I wouldn't want different rrangements on seperate phones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast