Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engineering & Technical Support Have Stopped Helping... any advice on what to do next

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Given that VoLTE is not a requirement for you to get simultaneous data and voice access, what makes you say that Appalachian Wireless cannot provide you with that?
    Not a given; a handful of phones supported SVDO (the technology mentioned in the link given) to run *3G* data while in a 1x call. LTE did indeed allow simultaneous LTE data and 1x voice call (my Stratosphere would do that), but a lot of newer phones went to having a single radio. Without VoLTE, the system sends the phone a message that it needs to switch to 1x, the phone pauses the LTE data session and flips to 1x. In effect it pauses during a call (incoming or outgoing), and maybe texts. If the call's short enough, you can get a call mid-download or web page load, and it'll just continue right where it let off when you hang up. As for texts, the CDMA cell cos initially sent all texts over 1x, the data would pause and it'd flip to 1x for about 1/2 to 2 seconds whenever a text came in or out. VZW has used "IMS" over LTE for a long time now, the texts to LTE devices are sent over LTE, no pause. But who knows if Appalachian is running IMS either? They might want to hurry and get VoLTE up if they don't have it, I think new 1x supporting devices will be very hard to find soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    This would probably require getting a pretty old phone, such as a Note 3 or S4. When a configuration option never became a standard, they don't tend to stick around too long. Like in the earlier days of GSM on ATT's network, when there was a Nokia that supported AMPS, TDMA, and GSM. I bought one thinking it would be good for trips to Nebraska where coverage was poor, but since it was already an old model I could never get it to work even with tech support.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB (Qualcomm)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    The site near Keyser Heights Drive has B5+B2+B4+B4+B66+B30. The only band it doesn't have is B14 and that is scheduled for next year. Backhaul at both sites looks more than sufficient, with 700Mbps at each site. However, there does appear to be radio congestion on the Keyser Heights site, since it looks like it covers most of town. I think the biggest problem is this site has only 5MHz of LB spectrum (B5 - this area has no B12/17 available) and that is getting whacked during the busiest times of the day. The B14 deployment next year should help a bit, but I think AT&T really needs another site in town to help offload traffic from this very busy site, since there is no more spectrum to deploy.
    Did you get my PM?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Current Device: Silver 256 GB iPhone X
    Carrier: AT&T

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    1. get wifi for wifi calling
    2. escalate your complaint to att executive officer
    3. file fcc complaint

chances are 2 and 3 wont make them care any more than they already do not care but worth a shot

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Why would complaining to the FCC resolve anything? Coverage is never guaranteed and internet connection isn't at any specific speed.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Why would complaining to the FCC resolve anything? Coverage is never guaranteed and internet connection isn't at any specific speed.
    There are a few reasons:

If they are false advertising coverage.

If you need someone more senior's attention that may only come with a regulatory complaint.

Or if there perhaps are agreements like some internet providers have with towns, counties, etc, they may have an agreement that they have to provide coverage. In some states I believe that is overseen by PURA?

you are right that it might not do anything but its worth a shot. I believe they are required to respond to the complaint so even if they brush it off at least some attention is being drawn to it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Fair enough. Certainly can't make anything worse for the OP. False advertising might be tough to prove though. There is always plenty of "mouse print" that all carriers use to explain away a lot of such complaints and to minimize liability to the company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2