Thread: Total Wireless - Any issue porting or otherwise?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score

Total Wireless - Any issue porting or otherwise?

I couldn't resist grabbing the iPhone 6S Plus for my wife on Black Friday at Walmart. This requires activation with Total Wireless which is OK since she's currently with boom! red so the coverage should be the same.

I've used PagePlus off and on through the years so I'm somewhat familiar with the América Móvil family customer service and never had any glitches porting in or out.

I'm hoping the port-in and activation to her new iPhone will be smooth. Is there any reason I should think otherwise?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    I couldn't resist grabbing the iPhone 6S Plus for my wife on Black Friday at Walmart. This requires activation with Total Wireless which is OK since she's currently with boom! red so the coverage should be the same.

I've used PagePlus off and on through the years so I'm somewhat familiar with the América Móvil family customer service and never had any glitches porting in or out.

I'm hoping the port-in and activation to her new iPhone will be smooth. Is there any reason I should think otherwise?
    None that I've experienced.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I ported four lines from T-Mobile to Total Wireless with no problem. The difference in coverage is incredible. I think that for family plans on Verizon's network that Total Wireless is the optimal choice. Of course like other MVNOs there are things you give up versus going directly with the carrier. No Wi-Fi calling. No domestic roaming. No foreign roaming.

Device(s)
    Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post

Just send a message thru Boom ! support to release your phone line for porting out, maybe the day before. Did this recently, porting to TF.