Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 106

Thread: You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    200
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nationwide 5G- Yet they missed the whole southern part of DE, MD, VA and the northern part of NC. Bet ill get the excuse- ThE tV StAtiONs hAveN'T CleArEd tHE SpECTruM- then don't claim "nationwide".. Name:  NW5G.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  97.8 KB


    The only 600 Mhz towers in my county are in Joppa, Aberdeen and Havre De Grace, yet 5G is sprinkled in the middle and northern part of the county- like its going to reach lmao. Name:  Closeup.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  95.4 KB Showing 5G in Abingdon, Belcamp and Edgewood- How are you going to get it with such a weak signal.. Name:  Weak5GAbingdon.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  69.3 KBName:  Weak5GBelcamp.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  72.2 KB
    Name:  Weak5GEdgewood.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  68.7 KB

    Kinda of want to get a plan on T-Mobile and a 5G phone but i don't want to drive 30+ minutes just to get ~50 Mbps.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

    Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)


    Fios Gigabit:

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    437
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    How is 5G going to fix anything?
    It will be years before every TMO customer has a compatible 5G device
    But I know they need to publicly compete with VZW and AT&T

    However TMO needs to fix their 4GLTE coverage in general
    Long gaps in coverage along major highways and severely congested TMO towers still with legacy 2G antennas rigged up for LTE isn’t going to cut it

    And Upgrading one out of every three TMO sites and calling it good doesn’t help that much, I guess it looks good on the coverage maps

    I’m a TMO Customer for 11 years simply because TMO has the closest cell tower to my house and I can actually use my phone in my house

    But at Work, and most places we visit TMO has coverage / congestion issues

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    T-Mobile has the best network as it is so in a year or so they will be so far ahead of att and Verizon the duopoly won't know what hit them. Plus T-Mobile 5g has way more coverage than both att and verizon 5g combined right now and that's without all of their 600 being ready.

    Only a few rural spots need work on T-Mobile but in most of the country T-Mobile is tops

    T-Mobile really is creaming the competition
    Best in coverage?
    Nope.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/arti...izon-wireless/

    Verizon's 4G LTE network now covers more than 2.6 million square miles and 98% of the U.S. population, and we're still expanding our reach.
    Best in speed?
    Nope.
    https://about.att.com/story/2019/att_three_peat.html

    Results from consumer-initiated tests in 3Q 2019 taken with Speedtest® by Ookla show AT&T is the Fastest Wireless Network in the Nation** for the third consecutive quarter.
    Best in reliability?
    Nope.

    Via Rootmetrics, nationwide:

    Overall:
    Verizon: 94.8
    AT&T: 93.2
    T-Mobile: 86.9
    Sprint: 86.7

    Reliability:
    Verizon: 96.4
    AT&T: 94.9
    Sprint: 88.7
    T-Mobile 88.1

    Data performance:
    Verizon: 95.5
    AT&T: 94.4
    T-Mobile: 92.2
    Sprint: 88.8
    So what are you using to state that T-Mobile has the best network in the country? Do you have any single source besides yourself?

    Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)


    Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,413
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0

    You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Hey facts are facts about T-Mobile. That's why they gain so many customers. They did jump the gun on 5g but they will have more rural coverage than Verizon in the next year or two. It will be much better than CDMA was for fringe coverage
    You’re really not very realistic are you??? Everybody else is posting sources that prove you wrong.
    Hartford, CT Area

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,971
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Best in coverage?
    Nope.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/arti...izon-wireless/



    Best in speed?
    Nope.
    https://about.att.com/story/2019/att_three_peat.html



    Best in reliability?
    Nope.

    Via Rootmetrics, nationwide:



    So what are you using to state that T-Mobile has the best network in the country? Do you have any single source besides yourself?
    That's why they gain the most customers. The coverage brings in the customers along with price too

    T-Mobile has most gains with low churn so those two things prove they have a great network. People wouldn't stay if the network wasn't there

    I'll admit their 5g is a bit over optimistic but its a start

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,971
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    wow I needed that laugh.

    Better rural coverage than VZW, that's the best one to come from a fanboy in a while. I guess if VZW starts dismantling hundreds of macros it's possible.

    TMO is already lying on their 5G maps. They show B71 coverage blanketing my town and the site that serves the heart of the town (there are four total macros serving the general area, all are B2-only except one got B12 about two years ago) STILL only broadcasts B2 LTE with pathetic 2Mbps MAX down speeds. Hasn't seen an upgrade in three years. But I guess you can just paint the maps and call it a day. They're sooo UNCARRIER.

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Their 600 travels further than verizons 700. Not by a lot but it's still a difference plus the bandwidth is better than what Verizon has. Any rural spots that need tlc are getting it

    I agree their 5g is a bit of a stretch so far but still a good start and more 5g than the other two

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,622
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    It’s more like the sad AT&T customers that still think 5Ge is real since they love their AT&T even if it lies to their customers and rips those customers off for a extra $10 to access their almost useless real 5G that is spotty even in the dozen or so cities. Really all these AT&T fans are desperate to attack T- Mobile since they come to this T-Mobile board to whine about T- Mobile has a Nationwide coverage with 5G. Keep hemorrhaging customers AT&T to T-Mobile till you bleed out.
    Good point. Just like us "sad T-Mobile customers" who were told 3G HSDPA was "4G" because it was faster than than their previous 3G network.

    I guess AT&T learned from the best...



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,622
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-of-NC View Post


    Right...



    Sent from my iPhone 11
    Looks like "a few rural areas" to me. T-Mo'll probably have all those gaps filled in by Wednesday. Thursday morning at the latest...

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,860
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Their 600 travels further than verizons 700. Not by a lot but it's still a difference plus the bandwidth is better than what Verizon has. Any rural spots that need tlc are getting it

    I agree their 5g is a bit of a stretch so far but still a good start and more 5g than the other two
    Yeah you'd have a case if IF T-Mobile had decided to use their 600 for 4G. As it is, they only have 5 MHz downlink on 600 and 5 MHz for 700 ( in some areas ) and your phone will use one or the other not both. Meanwhile Verizon has 10 MHz in band 13. Math says 10 > 5. 5 MHz simply isn't going to cut it. But what Legere will just say "Just get a 5G phone" Now we know why they did it this way. $$$$$

    And sorry but 5G that's not any better than 4G doesn't count. Here's simple fact, an area that has 20 MHz downlink on 600 would be faster with all 20 MHz on 4G than the 15 MHz T-Mobile is putting on 5G. And in areas where T-Mobile only has 15 MHz total. 15 MHz on 4G beats 10 MHz on 5G. And in areas where t-mobile stupidly only bought 10 MHz what good is 5 MHz on 5G going to do?

    If the merger doesn't get approved and the consensus is it's not, T-Mobile's grand plan is screwed. And you think when Sprint has a fire sale before they go out of business they will only take offers from T-Mobile for their spectrum?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,971
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Yeah you'd have a case if IF T-Mobile had decided to use their 600 for 4G. As it is, they only have 5 MHz downlink on 600 and 5 MHz for 700 ( in some areas ) and your phone will use one or the other not both. Meanwhile Verizon has 10 MHz in band 13. Math says 10 > 5. 5 MHz simply isn't going to cut it. But what Legere will just say "Just get a 5G phone" Now we know why they did it this way. $$$$$

    And sorry but 5G that's not any better than 4G doesn't count. Here's simple fact, an area that has 20 MHz downlink on 600 would be faster with all 20 MHz on 4G than the 15 MHz T-Mobile is putting on 5G. And in areas where T-Mobile only has 15 MHz total. 15 MHz on 4G beats 10 MHz on 5G. And in areas where t-mobile stupidly only bought 10 MHz what good is 5 MHz on 5G going to do?

    If the merger doesn't get approved and the consensus is it's not, T-Mobile's grand plan is screwed. And you think when Sprint has a fire sale before they go out of business they will only take offers from T-Mobile for their spectrum?
    That's because they allotted resources for 5g. To have the best most reliable and first to market nationwide 5g, they needed to use resources wisely. They won't have the high band speeds but tmobile also has a decent amount of high band.

    I agree that if sprint falls through they will have a hard time competing

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    409
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    That's why they gain the most customers. The coverage brings in the customers along with price too

    T-Mobile has most gains with low churn so those two things prove they have a great network. People wouldn't stay if the network wasn't there

    I'll admit their 5g is a bit over optimistic but its a start
    Gaining most customers gets a little fuzzy, they have the most adds yes. This is another area where TMobile P.R. blurs the truth a little bit. They will insinuate they added over 1 million postpaid customers last quarter. This isn't entirely accurate, they added over 1 million postpaid lines last quarter. This is why almost every TMobile promo requires a user to add a line to take advantage of that promo. It counts as a new activation, even though they really didn't gain a new customer. TMobile will also run promos for free lines, if a customer adds a line. The more realistic number to look at is branded postpaid accounts to see how many people are actually opening new accounts with them. When you look at that, they had 14.437 million postpaid accounts in quarter 2, they ended q. 3 with 14.734 postpaid accounts. So they added 297,000 new accounts. Now some of those new account obviously were family plans, so it's hard to get an accurate number of how many actual new users they gained, but the average lines per account has went up each quarter, so this is suggesting a lot of their adds, are current lines adding a line to take advantage of a promo.

    This isn't knocking TMobile, every carrier now requires a new line to take advantage of most promos, and they all suffer the same issue of not really gaining a lot of new users, but existing customers just adding lines. Churn is down for the main 3 carriers as well, as all 3 do a pretty decent job at retention these days. All this is, is showing how the P.R. team at a carrier, can blur the lines of reality a little bit. TMobile isn't the only carrier guilty of this by a long shot, but, they are very good at it none the less.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,860
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    That's because they allotted resources for 5g. To have the best most reliable and first to market nationwide 5g, they needed to use resources wisely. They won't have the high band speeds but tmobile also has a decent amount of high band.
    My point is it wasn't necessary right now. No reason to rush lowband 5G. And now at&t and Verizon are doing the same stupid s--t in 2020

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,813
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Just like us "sad T-Mobile customers" who were told 3G HSDPA was "4G" because it was faster than than their previous 3G network.
    The International Telecommunications Union authorized the use of term 4G for HSPA+.

    "IMT-Advanced is considered as “4G”, although it is recognized that this term, while undefined, may also be applied to the forerunners of these technologies, LTE and WiMax, and to other evolved 3G technologies providing a substantial level of improvement in performance and capabilities with respect to the initial third generation systems now deployed.

    http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/p...x#.Xe0u7_yIaUk

    Your accusation of wrongdoing by T-Mobile is off the mark.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,622
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The International Telecommunications Union authorized the use of term 4G for HSPA+.

    "IMT-Advanced is considered as “4G”, although it is recognized that this term, while undefined, may also be applied to the forerunners of these technologies, LTE and WiMax, and to other evolved 3G technologies providing a substantial level of improvement in performance and capabilities with respect to the initial third generation systems now deployed.

    http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/p...x#.Xe0u7_yIaUk

    Your accusation of wrongdoing by T-Mobile is off the mark.
    Compelling argument...

    ...except that T-Mo labeled their faux G network *before* the ITU retconned the use of the term 4G to include HSDPA, WiMax, et al... (In actuality, it was the ITU's former stance that WiMax *wasn't* 4G that helped compel T-Mo to boast their faster HSDPA was. Prior to that, "3.5G" was the usual marketing term for improved versions of 3G.)

    Here's a PR where T-Mo launched their first 4G labeled devices *in advance* of the ITU ruling (their use of the term 4G for HSDPA was already established previously):

    https://www.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobi...ets-and-on-new


    The ITU "forgave" the incorrect use of the term 4G after T-Mo's usage (and everyone else piling on afterwards) forced their hands.



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,813
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ...except that T-Mo labeled their faux G network *before* the ITU retconned the use of the term 4G to include HSDPA, WiMax, et al...
    You're leaving out the part that ITU also "retconned" the use of the term for plain old LTE. If you read the release from them, prior to that, they only mentioned that:

    " ITU has determined that “LTE-Advanced” and “WirelessMAN-Advanced” should be accorded the official designation of IMT-Advanced. As the most advanced technologies currently defined for global wireless mobile broadband communications, IMT-Advanced is considered as “4G”,"

    Of course you don't criticize Verizon for calling their LTE network 4G prior to this ITU press release even though it wasn't LTE-Advanced.

    The bottom line is that the ITU quickly made a declaration that T-Mobile was fine using the term as they did. The term faux-G never came from the ITU but originated with T-Mobile detractors.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can you do full screen with videos on the k700?
    By -RD- in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 10:00 PM
  2. Could you only have one or the other?
    By randomtask77 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:20 AM
  3. What do you do with your photos/video?
    By photoshop in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:09 AM
  4. Free WAP and MB usage...Do you only have 1 mb?
    By dancore in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 01:50 AM
  5. Why do you think 2.5G handsets look better than 3G handsets in japan ?
    By WeneedJapPhones in forum Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 07:35 PM

Bookmarks