Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 106

Thread: You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,802
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Right, it was a marketing term that TMobile wanted to use for something to make it seem like they weren't behind any other carrier. They have 4g, so do we look.
    FYI, the purpose of marketing is to make yourselves look better than your competition. You still have shown zero evidence of their wrongdoing.

    I clearly remember speedtests where T-Mobile 4G devices could outperform Verizon LTE devices. You probably don't want to talk about that.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    381
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    FYI, the purpose of marketing is to make yourselves look better than your competition. You still have shown zero evidence of their wrongdoing.

    I clearly remember speedtests where T-Mobile 4G devices could outperform Verizon LTE devices. You probably don't want to talk about that.
    Yes, the purpose of marketing is to blur the lines of reality to an uninformed customer and give the appearance of superiority over your competitors. Superior is just a subjective word that if you ask 5 people, will get 5 different answers on what makes 1 company superior over the other, and here's the kicker, most of the time, they will just repeat what they saw in an ad for that company. I can get you in touch with Janice's office if you would like to talk to them about that. They are quite good at what they do.

    Why would I care about talking about that? Lol yup, we sure did, does that mean then you would be ok with at&t calling their LTE-A network "5G" as long as it's faster than Tmobiles 5g network? (See what I did there, I used one of those buzzwords you are fond of)

    See, all this bluster to try to paint someone an enemy is really a waste of time from you. I'm quite confident in myself and my history with the company we are talking about. The difference between us is I know/knew when they were b.s.ing.
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 12-09-2019 at 08:04 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,611
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    They stated it, but it was a fact that it was undefined before T-Mobile started using the terms.

    The standards themselves, didn't refer to a "4G". That's the point. 4G was just a marketing term and not a technical standard.

    You and others want to bash T-Mobile for being deceptive and you claim some knowledge of their nefarious motives without presenting one shred of evidence.
    It's "nefarious" in that it was advertising/marketing BS.

    And it was misleading, despite no "official definition", but don't take the word of my dimming recollection for it (again, we're talking about something most of us here lived through, not ancient history!), just look at typical news stories from the day:


    'The big question is how T-Mobile can call HSPA+ 4G, "when it's not 4G," said Technology Business Research analyst Ken Hyers...'

    (https://www.eweek.com/mobile/t-mobil...est-4g-network )

    'T-Mobile claims the largest "4G" network in the country. Verizon's launching its "4G" LTE network later this year. And Sprint loves talking about "4G" WiMax. Thing is, none of these networks are actually 4G. Not by a long shot...

    'Update: Well they are now, according to the ITU, who's backpedaled on what's really 4G and what isn't...'

    (https://gizmodo.com/the-dirty-secret...not-4g-5680755 )

    But maybe tech journalists and bloggers back in the day were all anti-T-Mo propagandists and detractors too...

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,802
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Yes, the purpose of marketing is to blur the lines of reality to an uninformed customer and give the appearance of superiority over your competitors.
    As you said, you're a 12 year former employee. Clearly you still have an axe to grind. You join HoFo last month and start posting your criticism of T-Mobile soon after.

    I don't know Janice Kapner. I googled her and found out she works at T-Mobile. I'm not going to guess what significance she has to this thread. As far as I'm concerned that is between you and her.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    381
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    As you said, you're a 12 year former employee. Clearly you still have an axe to grind. You join HoFo last month and start posting your criticism of T-Mobile soon after.

    I don't know Janice Kapner. I googled her and found out she works at T-Mobile. I'm not going to guess what significance she has to this thread. As far as I'm concerned that is between you and her.
    Hahahaha clearly since I said they had misleading advertising I must be a bitter ex employee!!!! Hahahahaha well, if you'd like feel free to p.m. me and we will get you in touch with Liz Mcauliffe and her team at H.R. and you can ask for a transcript of my work record with the company.


    Also, congrats on step 2!!! If your buzzwords don't work, try to discredit the person instead!!!! Hahahaha gotta love overzealous customers. Never change.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,802
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    don't take the word of my dimming recollection for it (again, we're talking about something most of us here lived through, not ancient history!), just look at typical news stories from the day:
    I did. The eweek article agreed with me:

    "4G has technically not been defined by the International Telecommunications Union."

    "Today T-Mobile's HSPA+ network is delivering 4G speeds that match and often beat WiMAX and are readily comparable to what early LTE will deliver,"


    And your gizmodo article said the same thing I said. That none of the networks met IMT-Advanced and then the ITU agreed that all of the network's use of the 4G term was fine.

    But since you're looking for ways to criticize T-Mobile, you thought nobody would remember the facts from 9 years ago. You were wrong.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,802
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    we will get you in touch with Liz Mcauliffe and her team at H.R. and you can ask for a transcript of my work record with the company.
    You drop a lot of names, but clearly you weren't in a position to stop T-Mobile from taking actions that you disagreed with such as, " to blur the lines of reality to an uninformed customer" and "I know/knew when they were b.s.ing"

    So you admittedly kept taking their paycheck when you disagreed with the ethical values of the company.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    381
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You drop a lot of names, but clearly you weren't in a position to stop T-Mobile from taking actions that you disagreed with such as, " to blur the lines of reality to an uninformed customer" and "I know/knew when they were b.s.ing"

    So you admittedly kept taking their paycheck when you disagreed with the ethical values of the company.
    Hahahahaha this csnt be a real person., Yea, but remember you don't know who any of these people are I did not work on the marketing team no, but, we were the ones who had to put their misleading claims into effect, and we had fun doing so (like that I keep using buzzwords??? Trying to make you proud, i have a feeling we attended some of the same seminars ) again, gotta love overzealous customers. Means the P.R. team did their job. You have literally wrote your own story, about someone you don't know, just based on a p.r. teams claim of 4G and how other percieved that claim. Hahahahahahahaha


    As far as taking a paycheck when I "disagrees with the ethical values" (which you entirely made up, but screw it why ruin your fantasy about me) that's easy, because I'm smart enough to realize what P.R. bluster is, and I enjoyed the job, not to mention, I was damn good at what I did and they had no issues paying me. Guess it was a mutual agreement, I possessed a skill they wanted, they paid me for that skill. I dunno, I guess I'm a terrible person for doing so. Should I pay them back? One of those people who demands everyone agree with everything you say and do eh?
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 12-09-2019 at 09:05 PM.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,970
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Hahahahaha this csnt be a real person., Yea, but remember you don't know who any of these people are I did not work on the marketing team no, but, we were the ones who had to put their misleading claims into effect, and we had fun doing so (like that I keep using buzzwords??? Trying to make you proud, i have a feeling we attended some of the same seminars ) again, gotta love overzealous customers. Means the P.R. team did their job. You have literally wrote your own story, about someone you don't know, just based on a p.r. teams claim of 4G and how other percieved that claim. Hahahahahahahaha


    As far as taking a paycheck when I "disagrees with the ethical values" (which you entirely made up, but screw it why ruin your fantasy about me) that's easy, because I'm smart enough to realize what P.R. bluster is, and I enjoyed the job, not to mention, I was damn good at what I did and they had no issues paying me. Guess it was a mutual agreement, I possessed a skill they wanted, they paid me for that skill. I dunno, I guess I'm a terrible person for doing so. Should I pay them back? One of those people who demands everyone agree with everything you say and do eh?
    Was janice decent to work with or did you not work with her?

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,611
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I did. The eweek article agreed with me:

    "4G has technically not been defined by the International Telecommunications Union."

    "Today T-Mobile's HSPA+ network is delivering 4G speeds that match and often beat WiMAX and are readily comparable to what early LTE will deliver,"


    And your gizmodo article said the same thing I said. That none of the networks met IMT-Advanced and then the ITU agreed that all of the network's use of the 4G term was fine.

    But since you're looking for ways to criticize T-Mobile, you thought nobody would remember the facts from 9 years ago. You were wrong.
    Cherry picking again?

    Clearly as those articles (and many more back in the day) show, there were a good number of people, including industry analysts that, despite the lack of a clear ITU definition, believed the carriers (including T-Mo) were deliberately obfuscating the situation with claims of anything other than LTE (including WiMax) being branded 4G.

    Clearly none of us are insinuating T-Mo, Sprint, AT&T, etc. were/are doing anything illegal. All's fair in love, war, and marketing. They were just being sleazy, like everyone else, when they should hold themselves to the higher standard that they pretend to operate at.

    But I guess if you're ok with T-Mo's old "3.5G is really 4G" claim, you must be equally ok with AT&T's 5Ge claims, since their "5G" LTE network is as fast as T-Mo's current 5G offerings.

    Or, is AT&T wrong because they're not T-Mobile?

    Either way, I've got to run. I'm buying a new car tonight. Well, it's actually a bike, but since it can go 55MPH if you pedal hard enough, Schwinn is calling it a compact car...




    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    381
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Was janice decent to work with or did you not work with her?
    Didn't work directly under her. Wasn't part of the P.R. team, did get emails though from her, she seems decent. Nothing bad to say about her. She's really good at her job, I give her that. Funny thing is, I've met John twice? I think it was twice, maybe 3 times?, Not claiming he'd have any clue who I was, he wouldn't have any clue, but met John, never met Janice. John is an interesting guy, he's one of those people who makes you seem important no matter what you are saying to him. It's easy to see why he is successful, he just has that "it" factor when dealing with people.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,970
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Didn't work directly under her. Wasn't part of the P.R. team, did get emails though from her, she seems decent. Nothing bad to say about her. She's really good at her job, I give her that. Funny thing is, I've met John twice? I think it was twice, maybe 3 times?, Not claiming he'd have any clue who I was, he wouldn't have any clue, but met John, never met Janice. John is an interesting guy, he's one of those people who makes you seem important no matter what you are saying to him. It's easy to see why he is successful, he just has that "it" factor when dealing with people.
    Janice seems like a cool boss, john too.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,842
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    As you said, you're a 12 year former employee. Clearly you still have an axe to grind.
    And you clearly are a fanboy with no ability to be critical of T-Mobile even when necessary.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    11,191
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here's a thought...how about we have a thread in this section that allows for discussion, realizing that some may have differing opinions and thoughts on a topic that doesn't devolve into the same usual suspects behaving in the same pathetic manner that gets these threads closed? I like the idea....

    For those that seem to be able to screw this up time and again, lets review:

    Don't talk about each other, no name calling, no personal commentary of any kind. Discuss and argue the topic at hand, not each other. This name calling and personal insults nonsense has no place here. Act like civilized people using technology to discuss technology, not 12 year olds.

    Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,125
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

    T-Mobile: “The first and only nationwide 5G network.”


    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can you do full screen with videos on the k700?
    By -RD- in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 10:00 PM
  2. Could you only have one or the other?
    By randomtask77 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:20 AM
  3. What do you do with your photos/video?
    By photoshop in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:09 AM
  4. Free WAP and MB usage...Do you only have 1 mb?
    By dancore in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 01:50 AM
  5. Why do you think 2.5G handsets look better than 3G handsets in japan ?
    By WeneedJapPhones in forum Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 07:35 PM

Bookmarks