Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

Last edited by frail; 12-04-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    except they'll be launching 5G over n41 later then eventually mmwave after that

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Love it. If T-Mobile runs this video on TV and Internet they will triple the new customers every quarter.

Maybe they can make some new joke video’s to make fun of with a people using AT&T and Verizon’s 5G Network as it starts to rain which shuts down their mmWave 5G network. Then the guy with the T-Mobile 5G gets in his car and drives away with T-Mobile 5G service that even works inside your house or your car. Love it.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Love it. If T-Mobile runs this video on TV and Internet they will triple the new customers every quarter.

Maybe they can make some new joke video’s to make fun of with a people using AT&T and Verizon’s 5G Network as it starts to rain which shuts down their mmWave 5G network. Then the guy with the T-Mobile 5G gets in his car and drives away with T-Mobile 5G service that even works inside your house or your car. Love it.
    Surprised to say it but tmobile is whipping the competition. Well on their way to having the best network after the sprint deal closes and integrates. Without sprint I think tmoible will still end up with the best network but will take longer. No other carrier will come close to truly competing with a combined tmobile and sprint. Att will have best chance but Verizon will be toast with all that congestion they have. Plus with att customer service and price increases who in their right mind would choose att or verizon over T-Mobile at that point.

Safe to say T-Mobile will be the number one carrier in 3 or 4 years with or without sprint. Maybe 5 years tops without sprint

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I would love to see this commercial airing and T-Mobile tripling their new customer base every quarter. LMAO. When pigs fly, maybe. Also, I believe T-Mobile runs their own mmW network? And AT&T and Verizon's LTE networks are actually capable of faster speeds than T-Mobile's Sub 6 5G network? Hmm...

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I would love to see this commercial airing and T-Mobile tripling their new customer base every quarter. LMAO. When pigs fly, maybe. Also, I believe T-Mobile runs their own mmW network? And AT&T and Verizon's LTE networks are actually capable of faster speeds than T-Mobile's Sub 6 5G network? Hmm...
    If tmobile was as bad as you say they wouldnt have all those customer additions quarter after quarter after quarter after quarter. Even churn isn't bad either. Sounds like sour grapes on your part for over paying for cell service

We will gladly welcome you to the magenta family so you won't have to over pay for gimped service

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious as to how you propose they're capable of faster? T-Mobile generally has more AWS available, plus the massive amount of Band 71, and considering AT&T still has never completed covering their entire footprint in LTE I'm not going to hold my breath on them actually completing a network upgrade

verizon, as garbage as their LTE works speed wise, i'm not holding my breath either.. as even with DSS they simply do not have the capacity for what they have now.. moreless trying to squeeze another tech on top of it.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I'm curious as to how you propose they're capable of faster? T-Mobile generally has more AWS available, plus the massive amount of Band 71, and considering AT&T still has never completed covering their entire footprint in LTE I'm not going to hold my breath on them actually completing a network upgrade

verizon, as garbage as their LTE works speed wise, i'm not holding my breath either.. as even with DSS they simply do not have the capacity for what they have now.. moreless trying to squeeze another tech on top of it.
    Yep. Att didn't finish 3g or 4g so not much chance they finish 5g. Now they have too many spending sprees to pay for without raising prices so those who defend att make me wonder

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post

AT&T ranks ahead of T-Mobile on every third party test in speed. AT&T has AWS-3, WCS, and B14 going up on every site across the country, giving them generally about 50% more capacity per site.

Oh, and LTE is faster than NR in 5 and 10 MHz channels.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    AT&T ranks ahead of T-Mobile on every third party test in speed. AT&T has AWS-3, WCS, and B14 going up on every site across the country, giving them generally about 50% more capacity per site.

Oh, and LTE is faster than NR in 5 and 10 MHz channels.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    As someone who travels for a living and has AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon..

AT&T is VERY inconsistent indoors, AND only started to become "kinda" good after getting all that FirstNet money. I still have several places I go (in Chicago, even) that the service just dumps indoors but T-Mobile and Verizon are working fine. AND there are still places I go around the midwest where AT&T is still HSPA only, not ever bothered to install LTE. Once i see them *actually* complete a network upgrade.. will be the day.

in MN, that's arguably one of AT&T's best markets.. but trust me.. that experience is not mirrored everywhere

In fact, i'm in downtown Columbus, OH right now and AT&T does not have any service in the building im in... only 1-bar of FirstNet LTE OUTSIDE... and this is downtown, T-Mobile and Verizon both are sitting around -65dBm and giving solid 10+Mbps speeds. But hey good thing iOS has Cellular backup now, as AT&T can get service in here.. via T-Mobile

Now, i will admit.... where I can get 2300MHz (which is usually outside...) it's definitely "faster" but not noticeably faster when actually using the device for actual day to day tasks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post

Do you keep up? You do realize that at&t is launching 5G over lowband this month? And Verizon is doing it next year. And also 5G over lowband isn't much faster than 4G over lowband. And there is no doubt T-Mobile's 5G lowband wills till be slower than at&t's and/or Verizon's 4G in many areas. Any one dumb enough t spend $1300 on phone that ONLY uses 5G lowband is a fool and by the time 5G phones that can use all bands come out in 2020 both Verizon and at&t will also be using low/mid band 5G so where is the advantage? More logic less fanboyism please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Surprised to say it but tmobile is whipping the competition. Well on their way to having the best network after the sprint deal closes and integrates. Without sprint I think tmoible will still end up with the best network but will take longer. No other carrier will come close to truly competing with a combined tmobile and sprint. Att will have best chance but Verizon will be toast with all that congestion they have. Plus with att customer service and price increases who in their right mind would choose att or verizon over T-Mobile at that point.

Safe to say T-Mobile will be the number one carrier in 3 or 4 years with or without sprint. Maybe 5 years tops without sprint
    I'm not sure how you are getting they will be #1 without Sprint. Even with Sprint you act as if at&t and Verizon will stand pat. Will they actually be a REAL competitor for the first time? Yes. Will they force Verizon and at&t to make changes in the way do business? Yes. And that's good thing and why I'm for the merger. Are they for sure going to be #1 and no one is even close? Hardly. All 3 networks will be about equal in 5 years. And like I said that's good thing. Please take off your magenta colored glasses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    If tmobile was as bad as you say they wouldnt have all those customer additions quarter after quarter after quarter after quarter. Even churn isn't bad either. Sounds like sour grapes on your part for over paying for cell service
    How can he have sour grapes when he can switch at ANY time? Seriously you are weird. You act as if you've got some special access no one else can get. If they want to switch they can switch, Then what? Where's your insults then? Can we make this forum 18+ please, adults only? surely no grown person would be all "nana nana boo boo" like child over something.

We will gladly welcome you to the magenta family so you won't have to over pay for gimped service
    if switching to T-Mobile turns one into something that will be ediited out if I wrote it then maybe we'll pass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Do you keep up? You do realize that at&t is launching 5G over lowband this month?
    Only in five cities this month:

In the first half of December, AT&T’s 5G will launch in five cities: Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Providence, Rochester, and San Diego.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/22/...ancisco-boston

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Ahh JL is only a hologram.

Symbolic of what’s to come?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast