Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    And I've done 130 on my Pixel 2 XL.
    That's fine, but you aren't doing a test for anything. I'm not sure what your point is? I don't think many sane people are arguing tmobiles 5g is going to be groundbreaking at this point. I mean you got the one guy who seems to be a walking billboard for tmobile, he also seems more interested in what at&t and Verizon is doing over tmobile, but I said sane person lol, (kidding, nothing wrong with enthusiasm, means the P.R. team is doing their job, and would be thrilled to see). For a start, tmobiles 5g is fine. Will it lead to a mass Exodus from other carriers to tmobile? Not likely, but they got to start somewhere with 5G and it's a decent start. Tmobiles press releases are written to talk up their brand and promote their services to get people excited, they aren't gospel by any means. Some people take them far to seriously it appears, but, Tmobile does deserve some credit for getting this done as well. It's a good start for them with 5G. That's all it should be taken as.
    Last edited by hofonewb9; 12-05-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Well that is simple T-Mobile has almost a Nationwide 5G Network.
    Ok so now you went from "nationwide" to "almost nationwide" Backtrack much?

Where AT&T 5G network is almost damn near worthless since you can’t even use it unless you are standing outside almost next to their 5G transmitter. To top that off AT&T charges you a extra $10 a month to use their almost useless 5G Network. So almost any AT&T customers that buys a 5G enabled phone in 2020 is getting ripped off by AT&T that has little to no coverage in the nation.
    When phones with the 865 and 765 become widely available at&t and Verizon situations will be vastly different. Whatever meaningless advantage T-Mobile has now will be gone by this time next year. But I'll bookmark this thread so I can remind you of what you posted and see if T-Mobile's network is so vastly superior because they are using 10 MHz of lowband for 5G.

Fact is my area has 5G now from T-Mobile since it has 600 and it's listed as being a 5G town, but I bet if I had one of those phones right now T-Mobile's speed wouldn't be any better than what I'm getting from Verizon. Also in a couple of years a 6-9 month advantage isn't going to mean diddly. Using your logic of first always wins then I guess Verizon wins since they were first with 4G. Seriously your fanboyism is insufferable. If the merger goes through T-Mobile gets Sprint 2.5 MHz which means they are less likely to participate in either then CBRS or the CBAND auction. Not to mention they won't have the cash either. And the amount of CBRS/CBAND spectrum at&t and Verizon get will equal T-Mobile's 2.5 GHz they'll get from Sprint.

Also as much as you and Legere like to crap on at&t and Verizon's mmwave deployments( despite the fact t-mobile has also deployed mmwave ) I am 100% sure T-Mobile will be bidding on and winning some of the 37/39 and 47 GHz spectrum that is going to be auctioned in 5 days. Funny to say something sucks then spend hundreds of millions to over a $1 bil on this sucky spectrum.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I would like to see the merger go through. I think without Sprint it will take tmobile a lot longer to really get 5g to where they want it both coverage and especially performance.

Plus Sprint seems to be going nowhere fast

I'd rather have 3 strong carriers instead of 2 strong, one fairly strong but still weaker than the big 2, and one weak carrier.

Sent from my VS880 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I would like to see the merger go through. I think without Sprint it will take tmobile a lot longer to really get 5g to where they want it both coverage and especially performance.

Plus Sprint seems to be going nowhere fast

I'd rather have 3 strong carriers instead of 2 strong, one fairly strong but still weaker than the big 2, and one weak carrier.

The spectrum haul will be impressive, no doubt, though cleaning up the mess that is Sprint......just glad I'm not there, and not someone who has to deal with it lol. Sprint brings a TON of baggage along with it.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    The spectrum haul will be impressive, no doubt, though cleaning up the mess that is Sprint......just glad I'm not there, and not someone who has to deal with it lol. Sprint brings a TON of baggage along with it.
    Yeah it won't be easy and definitely a mess.

I think tmobile will definitely use the spectrum more efficiently so should be a nice plus in the long run

I don't think Sprint will make it too many more years without a big change

Hopefully the least amount of Sprint DNA and only the good stuff sticks around after the deal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Yeah it won't be easy and definitely a mess.

I think tmobile will definitely use the spectrum more efficiently so should be a nice plus in the long run

I don't think Sprint will make it too many more years without a big change

Hopefully the least amount of Sprint DNA and only the good stuff sticks around after the deal

Yea, but this https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/04/sp...bills-exposed/ is the type of nonsense that tmobile is merging with. Granted it was a contractor, and not Sprint directly, but it was a Sprint hired contractor that allowed personal information from customers of all 4 carriers to be leaked. Stuff like this is unacceptable, but this is what Tmobile is merging with. I don't think the wireless world should shed any tears over sprints demise, years of incompetent leadership led to it and they did it to themselves, I just feel bad for the people at TMobile who will be tasked with cleaning the mess up, and hope some of their culture doesn't seep in.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Yea, but this https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/04/sp...bills-exposed/ is the type of nonsense that tmobile is merging with. Granted it was a contractor, and not Sprint directly, but it was a Sprint hired contractor that allowed personal information from customers of all 4 carriers to be leaked. Stuff like this is unacceptable, but this is what Tmobile is merging with. I don't think the wireless world should shed any tears over sprints demise, years of incompetent leadership led to it and they did it to themselves, I just feel bad for the people at TMobile who will be tasked with cleaning the mess up, and hope some of their culture doesn't seep in.
    I'd be gone in a heartbeat at the first sign of some Sprint bs coming throuh that's for sure. .

At work we bought a small company and some of their DNA is still going strong a decade later even though we bought them so I'm sure some DNA will stay from Sprint

I do feel the uncarrier stuff will never be the same after the merger. Its already different now since they don't have to be like they were in 2012/2013

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Well that is simple T-Mobile has almost a Nationwide 5G Network. Where AT&T 5G network is almost damn near worthless since you can’t even use it unless you are standing outside almost next to their 5G transmitter. To top that off AT&T charges you a extra $10 a month to use their almost useless 5G Network. So almost any AT&T customers that buys a 5G enabled phone in 2020 is getting ripped off by AT&T that has little to no coverage in the nation.
    I've been with T-Mo for 18 years, and my experiences with them have mostly been positive. But the fanboyism on this board from a few individuals here is so incredible it's actually entertaining.

Why do you take so much pride in something you have nothing to do with? Are you a T-Mo exec? A T-Mo engineer? No, you're a customer. Like me. Like anyone with $30 who wants to be one.

And enough with the "OMG we finally have 5G!" nonsense. It's just (yet another) incremental improvement in wireless. This year's model. The greatest thing since sliced bread, at least since LTE was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just like HSDPA was. And UMTS was. And EDGE was. And GPRS was. 5G is mankind's crowning achievement... at least until 6G makes 5G look like EDGE. Lather, rinse, repeat. I've seen this movie many times, and it already ends the same way- we all need new phones, and we all do the same sh-t on them we did on our last ones. Until we need new ones. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Seriously, what are you going to with 5G that you can't do with LTE now? Particularly on a phone. Stream video even faster? (The same video T-Mo dumbs down to 512kbps "DVD quality" in return for your unlimited plan, so the speed difference between LTE and 5G is immaterial?) Come here and post how amazing T-Mo is in half an instant instead of in an instant?

Hell, I'd trade T-Mo's 5G and even their 4G LTE networks for a 100% reliable 3G network if I could have the dead spots in my area filled in, decent coverage at my mom's house, or if T-Mo could fix the congestion issues at my kids' high school.

I use T-Mo because the price/performance ratio hits my sweet spot for what I'm willing to pay for wireless, but I travel quite a bit and I would be a big fat liar if I said T-Mo's "nationwide" network was the equal of (let alone superior to!) AT&T's or Verizon's.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    IPHONE 6
    Carrier(s)
    VZW•AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    I've been with T-Mo for 18 years, and my experiences with them have mostly been positive. But the fanboyism on this board from a few individuals here is so incredible it's actually entertaining.

Why do you take so much pride in something you have nothing to do with? Are you a T-Mo exec? A T-Mo engineer? No, you're a customer. Like me. Like anyone with $30 who wants to be one.

And enough with the "OMG we finally have 5G!" nonsense. It's just (yet another) incremental improvement in wireless. This year's model. The greatest thing since sliced bread, at least since LTE was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just like HSDPA was. And UMTS was. And EDGE was. And GPRS was. 5G is mankind's crowning achievement... at least until 6G makes 5G look like EDGE. Lather, rinse, repeat. I've seen this movie many times, and it already ends the same way- we all need new phones, and we all do the same sh-t on them we did on our last ones. Until we need new ones. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Seriously, what are you going to with 5G that you can't do with LTE now? Particularly on a phone. Stream video even faster? (The same video T-Mo dumbs down to 512kbps "DVD quality" in return for your unlimited plan, so the speed difference between LTE and 5G is immaterial?) Come here and post how amazing T-Mo is in half an instant instead of in an instant?

Hell, I'd trade T-Mo's 5G and even their 4G LTE networks for a 100% reliable 3G network if I could have the dead spots in my area filled in, decent coverage at my mom's house, or if T-Mo could fix the congestion issues at my kids' high school.

I use T-Mo because the price/performance ratio hits my sweet spot for what I'm willing to pay for wireless, but I travel quite a bit and I would be a big fat liar if I said T-Mo's "nationwide" network was the equal of (let alone superior to!) AT&T's or Verizon's.

It’s practically the same as At&t 5Ge (none of the 2 are REAL 5G) just saying . I would just like to know what he gets out of loving the company so much???

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    VZW•UDP-AT&T•INTL.UDP A

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I like T-Mobile since they are just a better network than AT&T that I fired for their pathetic service and arrogant customers service. However I do enjoy all the fans of AT&T getting ripped off for their overrated and overpriced service. Enjoy paying AT&T $10 extra a month for 5G service that doesn’t work when you are inside your house or car or not standing next to their limited spotty transmitter in only a handful of cities in the entire country. That extra $10 a month buys you AT&T 5G fans nothing. However it is what AT&T does by ripping off their own customers.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM310 View Post
    It’s practically the same as At&t 5Ge (none of the 2 are REAL 5G) just saying . I would just like to know what he gets out of loving the company so much???

Maybe he’s not loved by anybody else, so he feels T-Mobile gives him the love he so desperately needs? Or at least he thinks T-Mobile loves him? Let’s see how much love T-Mobile gives him if he decides to not pay his cell phone bill.
    Hartford, CT Area

Carrier(s)
    tmo, vzw
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM310 View Post

Yep, it really is. It really sucks in cities like Denver where we’ve been congested with really poor service. So, instead of taking the 15MHz b71 spectrum purchased (denver) and deploying it all to improve the network; now we’ve got this “5G” network that’s exactly the same performance wise as the 4G LTE one. We never saw peak 4G network performance here and now this publicity stunt. It’s the most “carrier” thing they’ve done in a long time and has me ready to head back to VZW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cd1000 View Post
    Yep, it really is. It really sucks in cities like Denver where we’ve been congested with really poor service. So, instead of taking the 15MHz b71 spectrum purchased (denver) and deploying it all to improve the network; now we’ve got this “5G” network that’s exactly the same performance wise as the 4G LTE one. We never saw peak 4G network performance here and now this publicity stunt. It’s the most “carrier” thing they’ve done in a long time and has me ready to head back to VZW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a tmobile fan but I agree this latest move was a little overboard. It may even hurt their case with the states so not sure what they were thinking

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Maybe he’s not loved by anybody else, so he feels T-Mobile gives him the love he so desperately needs? Or at least he thinks T-Mobile loves him? Let’s see how much love T-Mobile gives him if he decides to not pay his cell phone bill.
    It’s more like the sad AT&T customers that still think 5Ge is real since they love their AT&T even if it lies to their customers and rips those customers off for a extra $10 to access their almost useless real 5G that is spotty even in the dozen or so cities. Really all these AT&T fans are desperate to attack T- Mobile since they come to this T-Mobile board to whine about T- Mobile has a Nationwide coverage with 5G. Keep hemorrhaging customers AT&T to T-Mobile till you bleed out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post

Exactly my thinking about 5G right now. Just another marketing gimmick and a reason for them to jack up the rates.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast