Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: You only launch 5G Once... (Video)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Only in five cities this month:

In the first half of December, AT&T’s 5G will launch in five cities: Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Providence, Rochester, and San Diego.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/22/...ancisco-boston
    So it's still a launch. It still counts. T-Mobile's launch isn't nationwide either.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I would love to see this commercial airing and T-Mobile tripling their new customer base every quarter. LMAO. When pigs fly, maybe. Also, I believe T-Mobile runs their own mmW network? And AT&T and Verizon's LTE networks are actually capable of faster speeds than T-Mobile's Sub 6 5G network? Hmm...
    LOL where you been for the last two plus years where T-Mobile has added more new customers than either AT&T or Verizon each quarter after fiscal quarter. Sometimes even added more customers than both AT&T and Verizon combined. T-Mobile has doubled their customers base since AT&T failed in their efforts to buy T-Mobile.

Whoopi AT&T and Verizon highly limited 5G network lacks coverage and it only works in a few spots inside about two dozen cities providing the customers are standing outside and it’s not raining and have a unobstructed view of the transmitter that is less than football field away. In other words AT&T and Verizon 5G network is almost useless. You won’t even be able to use their 5G network riding in a car unless it is a convertible with the top down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    LOL where you been for the last two plus years where T-Mobile has added more new customers than either AT&T or Verizon each quarter after fiscal quarter. Sometimes even added more customers than both AT&T and Verizon combined. T-Mobile has doubled their customers base since AT&T failed in their efforts to buy T-Mobile.
    You do realize 5G over lowband is not going to be significantly faster than 4G. So who cares? Seriously what's your issue? Once again do you seriously think at&t and Verizon are only ever going to have 5G over mmwave? I mean especially since at&t is rolling it out this month and Verizon has stated it will do so later next year.

Whoopi AT&T and Verizon highly limited 5G network lacks coverage and it only works in a few spots inside about two dozen cities providing the customers are standing outside and it’s not raining and have a unobstructed view of the transmitter that is less than football field away. In other words AT&T and Verizon 5G network is almost useless. You won’t even be able to use their 5G network riding in a car unless it is a convertible with the top down.
    I'm trying to figure out what the hell is the point of your posts. Seriously, I am at a loss to what you are trying to imply? I mean even if I concede that T-Mobile's 5G is "better" right now. It's not really but I'll say it just so you calm down for a minute and use reason. Is it going to be better this time next year? In 2 years in 5 years? You seem to have this wish fulfillment fantasy where T-Mobile is just leagues above everyone else forever and at&t and Verizon go out of business because they stand pat. Why you think that is reasonably going to happen and why you would WANT it to happen is beyond me. I'd like to knw what color the sky is in your world. Never mind it's probably magenta.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Do you keep up? You do realize that at&t is launching 5G over lowband this month? And Verizon is doing it next year. And also 5G over lowband isn't much faster than 4G over lowband. And there is no doubt T-Mobile's 5G lowband wills till be slower than at&t's and/or Verizon's 4G in many areas. Any one dumb enough t spend $1300 on phone that ONLY uses 5G lowband is a fool and by the time 5G phones that can use all bands come out in 2020 both Verizon and at&t will also be using low/mid band 5G so where is the advantage? More logic less fanboyism please.

Really AT&T is only going to launch low band 5G in five cities in the nation. T-Mobile has 5G low band in thousands of cities across the nation now and will be adding more. Also, you must not keep up with technology since T-Mobile is selling the OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren 5G phone for $949. However Quailcomm two new 5G chips the 865 flagship and 765 midrange Snapdragon will supply 5G phones in the next 100 days. In fact Qualcomm is requiring cell phones manufacturers to support 5G NR to be able to get the 865 & 765 SOC.

5G is coming in 2020 and T-Mobile will be the only network that provides anything close to Nationwide 5G service. Also T-Mobile 5G Network works inside your home, car or even if it is raining or snowing in thousands of cities across the USA.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So it's still a launch. It still counts. T-Mobile's launch isn't nationwide either.
    Whoopi you call AT&T 5 cities a massive launch on low band and compare it to T-Mobile several thousands of cities across the country. Sure hope you enjoy that extra $10 AT&T charge for the extra privilege of using their limited 5G network as you stand outside in front of one of there few 5G towers in the handful of cities.

Spin it anyway you want but it clear that T-Mobile has a far superior 5G NR Network that is the only Network to date that has a useable 5G network service. AT&T and Verizon are going to be hemorrhage customers by July 2020 especially if the Sprint merger is allowed.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how you are getting they will be #1 without Sprint. Even with Sprint you act as if at&t and Verizon will stand pat. Will they actually be a REAL competitor for the first time? Yes. Will they force Verizon and at&t to make changes in the way do business? Yes. And that's good thing and why I'm for the merger. Are they for sure going to be #1 and no one is even close? Hardly. All 3 networks will be about equal in 5 years. And like I said that's good thing. Please take off your magenta colored glasses.
    T-Mobile is a real competitor now with the net additions they have and all the network upgrades they continue to make

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Qualcomm shows off it’s 5G Snapdragon 865 Flagship SOC solution that wii be in cell phones in early 2020 (1St Quarter). The Qualcomm 765 will be the midrange 5G SOC solution.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...snapdragon-865

Feedback Score
    LOL! I get better speeds on 4G and he's on a completely empty network

Name:  Annotation 2019-12-05 090358.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  74.0 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmnTAOU44SI

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    T-Mobile is a real competitor now with the net additions they have and all the network upgrades they continue to make
    And? I've have stated numerous times I am pro-merger for the specific reason that I WANT T-Mobile to succeed and put REAL pressure on at&t and Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Qualcomm shows off it’s 5G Snapdragon 865 Flagship SOC solution that wii be in cell phones in early 2020 (1St Quarter). The Qualcomm 765 will be the midrange 5G SOC solution.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...snapdragon-865
    Yeah and? I already know this and every carrier will be able to use these. Not sure how this advantage T-Mobile at all.

Feedback Score
    Really AT&T is only going to launch low band 5G in five cities in the nation.
    Only 5 cities FOREVER? Keep moving those goal posts.

T-Mobile has 5G low band in thousands of cities across the nation now and will be adding more. Also, you must not keep up with technology since T-Mobile is selling the OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren 5G phone for $949.
    "Only" $949

However Quailcomm two new 5G chips the 865 flagship and 765 midrange Snapdragon will supply 5G phones in the next 100 days. In fact Qualcomm is requiring cell phones manufacturers to support 5G NR to be able to get the 865 & 765 SOC.
    Not an advantage for T-Mobile since these will not be exclusive to T-Mobile

5G is coming in 2020 and T-Mobile will be the only network that provides anything close to Nationwide 5G service. Also T-Mobile 5G Network works inside your home, car or even if it is raining or snowing in thousands of cities across the USA.
    A) Not true
    B) If the 5G isn't faster than 4G why are you creaming your jeans? Because you're phone says 5 instead of 4. Once again you fail to explain what your point is. So what if lowband 5G works in the rain and snow. 4G does the same f--king thing.

Feedback Score

The screen grab is a little misleading, as he does do tests that he hits over 100 down on. It's not mind blowing at all, and are close to what their own internal testing shown. This isn't as groundbreaking as some would like to think, and I think some people take some of the press releases way too seriously, but, it is good to see and it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully, in a few years, 100 down is considered on the very low end of what people are seeing for speeds. I kind of relate it to the LTE launch in America. When launched, nobody really cared. 3G was "fast enough" for the majority of users and it took time for 4G to really take off. Nobody wanted to buy a brand new device when their old one was "fast enough". I suspect the same thing happens with 5G. LTE is "fast enough" for the majority of people, there really will be no rush from the average customer to hop on 5G. But, in a few years time, when every device released is a 5G device, the turnover will happen.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah and? I already know this and every carrier will be able to use these. Not sure how this advantage T-Mobile at all.
    Well that is simple T-Mobile has almost a Nationwide 5G Network. Where AT&T 5G network is almost damn near worthless since you can’t even use it unless you are standing outside almost next to their 5G transmitter. To top that off AT&T charges you a extra $10 a month to use their almost useless 5G Network. So almost any AT&T customers that buys a 5G enabled phone in 2020 is getting ripped off by AT&T that has little to no coverage in the nation.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

No one gets even that good of speed from AT&T with LTE where I live in Coconut Creek, Fl. Also AT&T doesn’t even have their almost useless 5G network in South Florida and I would be surprised if they have a 5G network by 2021.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    The screen grab is a little misleading, as he does do tests that he hits over 100 down on.
    And I've done 130 on my Pixel 2 XL.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast