Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T data running out very quickly

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    Did you ever check to see what apps are using data in the instructions I provided in the earlier post? This should not be a mystery.
    Yes it is saying that the highest users are safari, WSJ app music and mail in that order

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    background videos can burn through data and may be happening on a background tab. That is all I can think of in some cases.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Device(s)
    Nokia 1520
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    background videos can burn through data and may be happening on a background tab. That is all I can think of in some cases.
    How to you keep background videos from playing and burning your data? It seems I almost always inadvertently activate a video ( normally ad) when scrolling on my computer in Edge or Firefox.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rderoamer View Post
    How to you keep background videos from playing and burning your data? It seems I almost always inadvertently activate a video ( normally ad) when scrolling on my computer in Edge or Firefox.
    with firefox, install the ad block plus (ABP) add-on

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Seems like Apple has really locked down browsing on the iPhone, including any useful add-ons like disabling video autoplay. You can configure Safari to automatically close tabs after a day, which might help. Maybe?
    Durham, NC

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    The frustrating thing about unexpected data usage is that it is unexpected, so I'm not tracking down things closely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dollar500 View Post
    Yes it is saying that the highest users are safari, WSJ app music and mail in that order

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Here are some tips to control data usage on your iPhone https://www.cnet.com/how-to/tips-to-reduce-iphone-data-usage/

You may also consider a factory reset as iOS may be corrupted and has too many issues. When I took an iPhone to the Genius Bar before they did a diagnosis and were shocked at the number of errors they saw. They gave me a brand new phone. So iOS errors do happen.

I’m now on my 6th month of ATT prepaid after 3 years of Verizon prepaid now and data usage remains consistent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2