Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5G coverage maps

Feedback Score

5G coverage maps

So it seems areas that have 600 but don't have any midband don't have 5G. Which makes sense. Also unlike Verizon's 5G in which there is no prioritization or limits on either the phone or mobile hotspot use, T-Mobile still imposes the 4G limits on 5G.

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/5g-coverage-map

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I click the 5G map it shows 5G all over northern and central NJ. I don’t have a 5G phone but I have a band 71 phone. There are spots where I live that there is either no service or Edge speeds. Does this mean now that they flipped the switch that if you have a band 71 phone even without 5G that we’ll be able to get more and better coverage? It’s my understanding that T-Mobile 5G is strictly on band 71 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    When I click the 5G map it shows 5G all over northern and central NJ. I don’t have a 5G phone but I have a band 71 phone. There are spots where I live that there is either no service or Edge speeds. Does this mean now that they flipped the switch that if you have a band 71 phone even without 5G that we’ll be able to get more and better coverage? It’s my understanding that T-Mobile 5G is strictly on band 71 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    T-Mobile does have 5G in mmwave in a dew cities already. 5G is technically on band n71 and 4G is on band 71. If your area only has 10X10 of band 71 T-Mobile may have decided to use all of it for 5G. Otherwise no reason not to have both activated

So it seems that area only has 10X10. Mainly because Dish decided it wanted 20X20. If the Sprint merger goes through I believe T-Mobile has leasing deal with Dish for it's 600 MHz.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Is tmobiles 5g plan decent? Seems like they will have a decent layer on low band and then can add mid and higher bands especially if Sprint works out

Sent from my VS880 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Is tmobiles 5g plan decent? Seems like they will have a decent layer on low band and then can add mid and higher bands especially if Sprint works out

Sent from my VS880 using HoFo mobile app
    There is no separate plan for 5G. Low band used maybe 10X10 MHz which is nothing and your speeds will be modestly faster and I'm being very generous with that term. Certainly not worth a $1300 phone especially one that can't use mmwave

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So it seems areas that have 600 but don't have any midband don't have 5G. Which makes sense. Also unlike Verizon's 5G in which there is no prioritization or limits on either the phone or mobile hotspot use, T-Mobile still imposes the 4G limits on 5G.

The Sprint Spectrum on Band 41 will solve that problem. Even now T-Mobile has a 5G solution that covers far better than both AT&T and Verizon combined by several factors of coverage. Verizon and AT&T’s solution doesn’t even work indoors or on the ground if you are with in 300 feet from the 5G transmitter when you are outside. If that merger is approved with Sprint this 5G will be a game changer.

Feedback Score

Fake 5G on 600 MHz...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Fake 5G on 600 MHz...
    No, it's real 5G. Just many folks have a fake idea of what "5G" means.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    5G is fake on 600mzh actually, it makes the so called 5G not fast than 4G LTE+, because the bandwidth limitation

Maybe it benefits for the Sprint merge promise
    No benefits for customers.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    and those people will spend $1300 on a phone and will be super angry when they found out they wasted their money. Not very un-carrier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    5G is fake on 600mzh actually, it makes the so called 5G not fast than 4G LTE+, because the bandwidth limitation

Maybe it benefits for the Sprint merge promise
    That's all it is. So they can go to the judge next week and say "See why already have 5G in over 60% of the population." Of course the judge then say "Well it seems you're doing awesome then without the merger so merger denied!"

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    and those people will spend $1300 on a phone and will be super angry when they found out they wasted their money. Not very un-carrier
    Well then those customers with AT&T and Verizon with those $1300 should sue AT&T and Verizon for fraud in court for their 5G that can’t even penetrate a glass window and drops out in a heavy rain or snow fall. On top of that AT&T and Verizon force their customers to pay a premium for 5G that you have to stand outdoor to use.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That is true after all AT&T lied to their customers that their 5Ge was real 5G NR that doesn’t even need to buy a new 5G phone. AT&T lies.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Reminds me of 3G to 4G. Interestingly enough, my work AT&T phone shiws 5ge now at home. It gives my 27Mbps down, 1Mbps up. Best speeds on At&t here match TMobile.. However At&t has fewer sites, and more spread out.
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    That is true after all AT&T lied to their customers that their 5Ge was real 5G NR that doesn’t even need to buy a new 5G phone. AT&T lies.
    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    The Sprint Spectrum on Band 41 will solve that problem.
    The merger has to get approved first.

Even now T-Mobile has a 5G solution that covers far better than both AT&T and Verizon combined by several factors of coverage.
    5G over lowband is no better than 4G so it doesn't matter. Just so you can say "Wooo I have 5G now"

Verizon and AT&T’s solution doesn’t even work indoors or on the ground if you are with in 300 feet from the 5G transmitter when you are outside. If that merger is approved with Sprint this 5G will be a game changer.
    No offense but do you keep up on things?

A) T-Mobile also used mmwave for 5G. This is why they bought 24 GHz and 28 GHz spectrum at auction this summer and will likely buy some 37/39 GHz in the auction that starts in a few days

B) at&t is launching 5G over low band in a couple of weeks.

C) Verizon has stated they are launching 5G of low and mid band later in 2020.

I'm not sure where certain people get the idea that T-Mobile is the only one that's going to have low/mid band 5G or that T-Mobile isn't going to use mmwave for 5G despite their constant complaining that it sucks and won't work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast