Thread: Does Verizon offer any daily phone plans?

Feedback Score

Does Verizon offer any daily phone plans?

For the past few years I have been using a Verizon prepaid daily plan, I think it's $2 a day on the days you make or receive calls or send texts, along with a very basic flip-phone.

Verizon has informed me that the phone model I am using will no longer be able to access their network at the end of the year, so I will have to get a new phone.

I would like to stay on the $2 per day plan, but I'm not sure whether the plan I am on will be able to carry over to a new phone. (I realize everyone reading this will instantly wonder why I don't just ask Verizon this directly. The reason is that someone I know had the same plan and when he went to a Verizon outlet to reload the prepaid balance earlier this year, he was told that he would need to get a new phone and a new plan. I'm not sure that what he was told about not being able to carry over his plan was accurate, so I am asking here in case anyone else knows something different. Couldn't he have kept the same plan if he used the same sim card--assuming it's possible to use the same sim card?)

I don't see Verizon advertising anything about a daily plan on their website now. ATT still advertises a $2 a day plan, and I think there are some MVNOs that may have daily plans, so I may need to change to one of them if it's not possible to keep this kind of plan now with Verizon.

Feedback Score
    i believe Verizon no longer offers that plan - https://community.verizonwireless.co...ne/td-p/971519 the AT&T $2 daily plan can be used on a smartphone.

Feedback Score
    Nope......

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boreali View Post
    For the past few years I have been using a Verizon prepaid daily plan, I think it's $2 a day on the days you make or receive calls or send texts, along with a very basic flip-phone.

Verizon has informed me that the phone model I am using will no longer be able to access their network at the end of the year, so I will have to get a new phone.

I would like to stay on the $2 per day plan, but I'm not sure whether the plan I am on will be able to carry over to a new phone. (I realize everyone reading this will instantly wonder why I don't just ask Verizon this directly. The reason is that someone I know had the same plan and when he went to a Verizon outlet to reload the prepaid balance earlier this year, he was told that he would need to get a new phone and a new plan. I'm not sure that what he was told about not being able to carry over his plan was accurate, so I am asking here in case anyone else knows something different. Couldn't he have kept the same plan if he used the same sim card--assuming it's possible to use the same sim card?)

I don't see Verizon advertising anything about a daily plan on their website now. ATT still advertises a $2 a day plan, and I think there are some MVNOs that may have daily plans, so I may need to change to one of them if it's not possible to keep this kind of plan now with Verizon.
    Verizon extended the CDMA shutoff another year, so you have until the end of 2020 to worry about it.

BUT you should be able to get a VoLTE enabled Verizon-branded flip phone and just do a swap with customer service.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-W...UaAtBNEALw_wcB

I'd buy something like that and just call customer service to ask for your plan as is to be moved to the new phone.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Verizon extended the CDMA shutoff another year, so you have until the end of 2020 to worry about it.

BUT you should be able to get a VoLTE enabled Verizon-branded flip phone and just do a swap with customer service.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-W...UaAtBNEALw_wcB

I'd buy something like that and just call customer service to ask for your plan as is to be moved to the new phone.
    Yeah, do this and then if they say you can’t keep the phone, ask them to apply a recurring bill credit for the difference between your current plan and the new one they make you switch to. If they balk, tell them it's that or leaving for AT&T's $2/day plan. They'll transfer you to Retentions, which has much more authority to offer special deals like that.