Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Will a Pixel 3a work on Tracfone Verizon (CDMA)?

Feedback Score
    My settings look similar to your first screen shot above, I'll report back tonight.

I tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* using the phone dialer. No secret meny, I get a nice lady on the other line (automated, of course), telling me "Welcome to Verizon" and that the update can't be completed.
    What went wrong here? It's an unlocked S9.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    Thanks for that. Both myself & hpham were stumped why the S5 was allowing me to go on the net during the weather call, yet the call with him confirmed I didn't have VoLTE. Now I know why. Thanks again.
    You're welcome. The GalaxyS5 was a pretty good phone for it's time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    My settings look similar to your first screen shot above, I'll report back tonight.

I tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* using the phone dialer. No secret meny, I get a nice lady on the other line (automated, of course), telling me "Welcome to Verizon" and that the update can't be completed.
    I have had a bunch of Samsung phones and none of them supported the *# utility menu. I think Samsung has disabled the menu.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* using the phone dialer. No secret menu. I get a nice lady on the other line (automated, of course), telling me "Welcome to Verizon" and that the update can't be completed.
    I've never got the secret menu to come up on any of my phones (TF-branded, unlocked, LGs, Motos, Samsungs). Some said the number was invalid, some BRIEFLY (like a flash) showed a screen full of data then got grayed out and a big white box superimposed on it.

Feedback Score
    Seems Samsung has locked out access to the *#*#4636#*#* menu. Does not seem to be a global ban by Verizon, as my Moto G5+ on TF/VZW can access it.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I've never got the secret menu to come up on any of my phones (TF-branded, unlocked, LGs, Motos, Samsungs).
    I have had some success (not always) using an app that can access that menu, without dialing codes. Such as this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cky.switcher4g

Feedback Score
    On some phones, like my TF-branded Samsung J3 Sky, the setting for VoLTE didn't show up until the SIM got provisioned for VoLTE. Below are the before and after screenshots.

We'll know if that's the case with your S9 when you put the SIM from the Rebel 2 into it.

Attachment 164662

Attachment 164663
    Finally got around to trying it, and you were 100% right, hpham!
    Swapped one of the known VoLTE sims into the S9, and the VoLTE setting appeared. The "HD" symbol also showed up (on the other phone) during the test call. Seems like the Samsung interface does not show the "HD".

Bottom line is that the pixel 3A works just fine on the TF network, and I have sorted out the VoLTE stuff also for all 4 of our phones now with everybody's help here, and especially hpham's.
    Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Finally got around to trying it, and you were 100% right, hpham!
    Swapped one of the known VoLTE sims into the S9, and the VoLTE setting appeared.
    Thanks for the update. In post #37, you said "Interesting enough, the sim card in the S9 that does not have VoLTE comes from a ZTE zfive L phone (Z862VL), activated on 11/23/2018". It's kind of strange that it was not VoLTE-provisioned when it was activated.

Feedback Score
    Another data point: VoLTE works on TracFone (verizon sim) on Google Pixel 4xl. Note, there is also an AT&T/FirstNet e-sim on the device. So I'm using both networks - well AT&T/FN is my primary and TracFone/Verizon is backup for which I got the $39/yr plan primarily for fringe coverage areas.

Feedback Score
    I just realized that I still have a few TF starter kits from back when they were triple minutes or something.
    The Verizon sim card says ""Compatible with a used Verizon LTE phone".
    Can I use that sim card to officially transfer service over to my S9 (from the ZTE zfive)?

Feedback Score
    Or can I use this deal?:

Will that contain a Verizon sim card that will enable VoLTE on my phone?
    If I go with this deal, do I need to mention the separate airtime card during the transfer, or do I apply the card after the transaction?

Thanks a lot!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you buy that deal, which I did, you'll get a SIM Kit with SIMs for AT&T, T-mo, Verizon, and a separate time card. See This Post .

When you receive it, ask the rep to TRANSFER service from your current S9 to the Verizon SIM in the kit. The rep will ask for the SIM number of the new SIM, and the IMEI of the S9 to pair them together. The new SIM should get enabled for VoLTE. You don't need to mention the time card. Just apply the time card to the S9 after the transfer was completed and everything checked out, including the balances/days.

Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot again, hpham!
    I'll go that route, it's a good deal for sure.
    It looks like the limit is 2 of those bundles every 10 days, is that normal? Can I get another two after 10 days?

Feedback Score
    When you receive it, ask the rep to TRANSFER service from your current S9 to the Verizon SIM in the kit.
    OP has not activated the S9 yet, but was going to transfer service from a ZTE ZFive. Same transaction.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    OP has not activated the S9 yet, but was going to transfer service from a ZTE ZFive. Same transaction.
    What I said was kind of "abbreviated". I meant transferring service from the swapped-in SIM that is currently being used in the S9 (as mentioned in THIS POST ). The OP and I had done some testing and PMs behind the scene, so I think he understands what I meant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast