Thread: Decline in Connections and Service in Southern California - Thousand Oaks CA

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Decline in Connections and Service in Southern California - Thousand Oaks CA

Over the past few months my VZ connections and service have significantly declined. Down to one or two bars and connections lost. Thought it was my iPhone 6 but just got iPhone 11 and same. Any reason for this happening?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke5150 View Post
    Over the past few months my VZ connections and service have significantly declined. Down to one or two bars and connections lost. Thought it was my iPhone 6 but just got iPhone 11 and same. Any reason for this happening?
    Most likely the network is congested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    HTC Evo/Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke5150 View Post
    I left Verizon two months ago for this reason. I am in downtown SGV and SFV and would drop calls and had other service issues.

I am okay with slow speeds here and there but couldn’t accept the inferior voice quality and call issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thematch View Post
    I left Verizon two months ago for this reason. I am in downtown SGV and SFV and would drop calls and had other service issues.

I am okay with slow speeds here and there but couldn’t accept the inferior voice quality and call issues.
    I guess I dislike VZW because I smiled when I read this. Oh & I think most people are delusional about the voice quality. LOL
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Totally depends, my voice quality is a 10 out of 10, but I don’t live anywhere near SoCal. My brother who does live in SoCal had to switch to AT&T it was so bad including drops all the time. Location is everything. Not to surprised it might be congested down there considering the millions of people crammed into that area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Totally depends, my voice quality is a 10 out of 10, but I don’t live anywhere near SoCal. My brother who does live in SoCal had to switch to AT&T it was so bad including drops all the time. Location is everything. Not to surprised it might be congested down there considering the millions of people crammed into that area.
    Yea we live in Philly and although voice is good data speeds aren’t. Depends on your location.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo/Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Exactly the same experience I had.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE voice quality is quite good. 1x voice in my area used to be about a 6/10 I'd say (traffic was very high.) 1x voice is now about a 9/10 since there's little traffic on it.

With LTE, you don't have signal strength suddenly drop off due to congestion. Probably a site is down. Haven't their been fires in the area? Perhaps the site burned, or the power or backhaul to it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    V Haven't their been fires in the area? Perhaps the site burned, or the power or backhaul to it.
    Yes, the whole place burned last November and since the coverage has been terrible. Wish someone at VZW could comment or fix this....

Device(s)
    HTC Evo/Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    VoLTE voice quality is quite good. 1x voice in my area used to be about a 6/10 I'd say (traffic was very high.) 1x voice is now about a 9/10 since there's little traffic on it.

With LTE, you don't have signal strength suddenly drop off due to congestion. Probably a site is down. Haven't their been fires in the area? Perhaps the site burned, or the power or backhaul to it.
    Where in LA are you?

Those issues were pre fires.

Feedback Score
    I was in thousand oaks yesterday actually . I live in east La i drove up there to visit my aunt . I have Verizon and my mom going with me has At&t. Once we got to thousand oaks . I saw what u mean Verizon is not that great . But neither is At&t .... my mom also had a few problems with slow data and dropped calls on At&t . So I think all networks have problems down there . Because like I said I on Verizon also had slow data and a few dropped calls then again so did At&t..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I was in LA last month and congestion is definitely real. My cousin couldn't even get a text to go through at Santa Monica pier.

My service on T-Mobile was just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    I was in LA last month and congestion is definitely real. My cousin couldn't even get a text to go through at Santa Monica pier.

My service on T-Mobile was just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Must have been all that "5G"