Thread: Visible unlimited use. Tethering ZTE blade to HooToo Travemate?

Feedback Score

Visible unlimited use. Tethering ZTE blade to HooToo Travemate?

Hello Everyone,

I am considering switching to Visible to take advantage of the unlimited data. I'm contemplating replacing my home Internet and phone with Visible. Have any of you really tested the limit of their "Unlimited data" to the limits.

If I have a good shot at replacing my current services with Visible I would want to USB tether a ZTE Blade A7 to a HooToo Travelmate router.

Anyone here had any success with such an endeavor? Can you point me to particulars on this?

My failing here is lack of knowledge is network over USB. I have found ods and ends about USB tethering but nothing that was helpful.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

S.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you might want to read this ]
    Thank you for the reply.

I did not find anything regarding tethering the A7? Did I miss something?

Thanks again.

S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnw_steve View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

I did not find anything regarding tethering the A7? Did I miss something?

Thanks again.

S.
    with hotspot use, you can only have one device connected at a time - https://www.androidcentral.com/how-d...e-work-visible

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    with hotspot use, you can only have one device connected at a time - androidcentral.com/how-does-hotspot-service-work-visible
    I understand. That is precisely why I want to USB tether the phone to a router.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnw_steve View Post
    I understand. That is precisely why I want to USB tether the phone to a router.
    As opposed to using the hot-spot function.

Probably going to look closer at the Asus routers instead. That will let me to use a router based VPN.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Or how about you don’t violate the Visible terms of service and be part of the problem that ruins a good thing for everyone?

Visible is cellular service for your mobile phone. This is not home internet service. If you need home internet service, contact an ISP that provides a service designed for multiple fixed devices.

This is why the rest of us can’t have nice things. Cellular services are sold based on usage for a mobile device across different cell sites. Running a number of fixed devices that don’t move, suck down a lot more data than a phone and maybe one tethered device on a service that is clearly not sold for this is the wireless equivalent of peeing in the pool.

Visible is a really good deal for a decent service. But like always, like clockwork, there always have to be a few people who are so cheap to squeeze an extra dime that they come along and run a router sharing the connection with their whole house and probably their neighbors and get things restricted and shut down.

I wish carriers would find a way to detect the people abusing their services and terminate their phone numbers and ban their credit cards/bank accounts from ever using their service again.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Or how about you don’t violate the Visible terms of service and be part of the problem that ruins a good thing for everyone?

Visible is cellular service for your mobile phone. This is not home internet service. If you need home internet service, contact an ISP that provides a service designed for multiple fixed devices.

This is why the rest of us can’t have nice things. Cellular services are sold based on usage for a mobile device across different cell sites. Running a number of fixed devices that don’t move, suck down a lot more data than a phone and maybe one tethered device on a service that is clearly not sold for this is the wireless equivalent of peeing in the pool.

Visible is a really good deal for a decent service. But like always, like clockwork, there always have to be a few people who are so cheap to squeeze an extra dime that they come along and run a router sharing the connection with their whole house and probably their neighbors and get things restricted and shut down.

I wish carriers would find a way to detect the people abusing their services and terminate their phone numbers and ban their credit cards/bank accounts from ever using their service again.

Sent from my iPhone using ]
    Thank you for your opinion.

Perhaps you can give me a hand. I have looked and looked over the TOS and cannot find where it says that I cannot use Visible Internet in my home or where it says that I cannot use a VPN. I did find where they explicitly allows hot-spot and tethering. I can live with the 5mbps cap on tethering.

My current "12mbps" DSL regularly tests, with a wired connection, at 3.5-4mbps. I tested several times yesterday and hit 3.5-4 on all but two tests. The two outliers were 1.5 & 8 mbps.

Thanks for your help.

S.

Feedback Score
    I just found the "Party-Pay" program. What a deal!

I currently have two lines of service with am MNVO that gives me unlimited talk and text as well as 3gb of shared data. I also have an AT&T mifi with unlimited data. Lastly, really crummy DSL.

With the Party-Pay we will drop our current two lines of service and the DSL and replace it with three lines of unlimited and have better service for a couple of bucks less.

If I can find someone who wants to be my fourth, that will save me another $15 a month.

We tried a "family plan" shared with family that live in another state. I didn't save any money...... I wound up paying everyone's bill to keep mine from getting shut off. With Party-Pay each party is responsible for their own bill.

This is begging to look TGTBT.