Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Cricket BYOD Plan $40 unlimited everything

Feedback Score
    Just tried calling them for my mother. She pays that for 3gb a month. Said there is nothing they can do for existing customers. I told them thanks and she will be going to ATT prepaid next week. It’s terrible they don’t offer people who have been with them for years these kinds of deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    this is easy. Port out to a cheap provider, then open a new Cricket account and port back in.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    So what I’m wanting to know is about the hotspot limit. I may just activate a line to see

If I can get 15GB+ of hotspot for $50 it maybe worth using
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    Just tried calling them for my mother. She pays that for 3gb a month. Said there is nothing they can do for existing customers. I told them thanks and she will be going to ATT prepaid next week. It’s terrible they don’t offer people who have been with them for years these kinds of deals.

And they were probably like "Great, you're an AT&T customer already..."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    So what I’m wanting to know is about the hotspot limit. I may just activate a line to see

If I can get 15GB+ of hotspot for $50 it maybe worth using
    I doubt you can add it: "Only available with current Cricket Core plan and select grandfathered plans."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    And they were probably like "Great, you're an AT&T customer already..."
    True. Didn’t think about that...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I doubt you can add it: "Only available with current Cricket Core plan and select grandfathered plans."
    "You can also choose to add a mobile hotspot for $10 a line, per month1. And since you clearly love your device, consider protecting it from loss, theft, accidental damage and more with Cricket Protect ($7/month) or Cricket Protect Plus ($10/month).2 Find more details on Cricket’s Protect and Protect Plus Plans."

https://www.cricketwireless.com/news...llar-BYOD.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    "You can also choose to add a mobile hotspot for $10 a line, per month1. And since you clearly love your device, consider protecting it from loss, theft, accidental damage and more with Cricket Protect ($7/month) or Cricket Protect Plus ($10/month).2 Find more details on Cricket’s Protect and Protect Plus Plans."

https://www.cricketwireless.com/news...llar-BYOD.html
    Odd they mention it nowhere else on the site... So $50 for 'full' speed unlimited and hotspot. How much data for the hotspot?

Feedback Score
    Odd they mention it nowhere else on the site... So $50 for 'full' speed unlimited and hotspot. How much data for the hotspot?
    i'm guessing 10GB -15GB depending on what unlimited plan you choose - https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans click the "what our lawyers say "

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    According to https://www.cricketwireless.com/shop/features.html, the $10/month hotspot add-on gives you 10 GB/month of high speed hotspot data. After 10 GB you get unlimited 128 kbps hotspot data for the rest of the month.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    For those looking through here yes you have to do everything online for the $40 BYOD plan. And you might have some trouble getting it to show up when you enter your IMEI if you already have a SIM card because it tries to add a second SIM card. You can't use the existing SIM card without some trickery. I know this because I had a Best buy Sim kit that I had already went through and tried to set up with the BYOD plan and it didn't work and it was still in my cart. I tried to then go backwards and enter my IMEI for the BYOD and it added a SIM card. I removed the SIM card went through it again and when it tried to add the SIM card the second time it asked me if I wanted to use the existing SIM in my cart and it turned out to be the one that shows I already had the SIM kit that I had tried to activate earlier.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    For those looking through here yes you have to do everything online for the $40 BYOD plan. And you might have some trouble getting it to show up when you enter your IMEI if you already have a SIM card because it tries to add a second SIM card. You can't use the existing SIM card without some trickery. I know this because I had a Best buy Sim kit that I had already went through and tried to set up with the BYOD plan and it didn't work and it was still in my cart. I tried to then go backwards and enter my IMEI for the BYOD and it added a SIM card. I removed the SIM card went through it again and when it tried to add the SIM card the second time it asked me if I wanted to use the existing SIM in my cart and it turned out to be the one that shows I already had the SIM kit that I had tried to activate earlier.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Guys also note that this 40 Unlimited plan is NOT eliglible for any Group Save.....makes it a no go for my 4 line group

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2