Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nevada drops out of T-Mobile suit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    https://courses.lumenlearning.com/sa...n-vs-argument/

Critical Reading: Understand Fact vs. Opinion vs. Argument

Critical readers are active readers who maintain a comprehensive understanding of the material.
    This includes the ability to:

Identify material as fact, opinion, or argument.
    Identify main topic or thesis.
    Describe the types of evidence used in the construction of the argument.
    Fact: A statement that can be proven or disproven/The Eifel Tower is located in Paris, France. Opinion: A statement of personal preference /I like chocolate chip cookies.
    Argument: A statement containing a non-religious belief that is neither decidedly true nor false, but can be reasonably opposed, and proven or disproven through strategic organization of appeals and evidence.

My friend L33 is right!
    This is getting extremely off topic, but he is incorrect. New Yorks Southern District Federal Court is one of the most active, and most prestigious Federal Courts in the nation. They hold a lot of power there, this is why New York sometimes feels they are the only state that matters, because in some aspects, they are. The lawsuit has been filed and will be heard at New Yorks Southern District Federal Courthouse. This is why you see the, some could call, arrogance from the New York A.G. Whether or not that perceived arrogance is warranted or not can be debated by opinions, but, what cannot be is the significance of the Southern District Federal Court, and its importance with regards to Federal Law in the country.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm staying out of the politics end of it but one thing I think we can all agree on,

The deal needs to either pass or be blocked asap. It's been delayed long enough

Feedback Score
    How many states are still suing?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    How many states are still suing?
    13 + D.C. are still suing. I'd expect a few more will settle before the court date though.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Looooong way to go TM in what 3 weeks.

Not a popular opinion around here but I still say it ain't happening.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Nevada drops out of T-Mobile suit

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Thanks. Looooong way to go TM in what 3 weeks.

Not a popular opinion around here but I still say it ain't happening.
    Hard to know for sure. Most seem to think it will pass but it is possible to be blocked

I think everyone knows the promises made were to give the deal some momentum for passing.

It needs to pass or fail soon, I’m afraid T-Mobile will get behind if it doesn’t get sorted out soon

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Hard to know for sure. Most seem to think it will pass but it is possible to be blocked

I think everyone knows the promises made were to give the deal some momentum for passing.

It needs to pass or fail soon, I’m afraid T-Mobile will get behind if it doesn’t get sorted out soon
    Wireless is a long game. An extremely long game. Whether T-Mo delays deploying 5G in a given market for a few weeks or months will mean as little in 10 years as anyone's EDGE deployment schedule means today.

The merger either happens or it doesn't. T-Mobile has a plan A, B, and C for either eventuality...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    This is getting extremely off topic, but he is incorrect. New Yorks Southern District Federal Court is one of the most active, and most prestigious Federal Courts in the nation. They hold a lot of power there, this is why New York sometimes feels they are the only state that matters, because in some aspects, they are. The lawsuit has been filed and will be heard at New Yorks Southern District Federal Courthouse. This is why you see the, some could call, arrogance from the New York A.G. Whether or not that perceived arrogance is warranted or not can be debated by opinions, but, what cannot be is the significance of the Southern District Federal Court, and its importance with regards to Federal Law in the country.
    In bold for you, since you said it yourself. LA and DC courts have plenty of high class cases. Lets not forget Delaware and Texas. This is off topic and my last reply on this opinion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    In bold for you, since you said it yourself. LA and DC courts have plenty of high class cases. Lets not forget Delaware and Texas. This is off topic and my last reply on this opinion.
    Yes they do, D.C. is of course is the home of the supreme Court, but D.C. is not a state. Delaware and Texas do not handle as many top cases as New York though as New Yorks Southern District has jurisdiction over all of New Yorks financial centers. An opinion would be if I said all of the rulings out of the court were correct, this would be an opinion, and one I'd disagree with, nobody disputes just how active and influential though the southern district court of New York is. As far as if they feel superior, they can feel however they want. For some reason nowadays people want to say someone else is wrong for feeling differently than someone else about something. People are free to feel and think whatever they want, what can't be denied though is the power that the court has, and how influential it is in America's federal court system. This isn't opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2