Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GV number acting weird?

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm just curious...why did you delete your GV # in the first place?

Also, as stated in your screenshot, and also verified by taoman above, you will need a real phone # to either reactivate your old GV # OR to get a new GV #.
    I tried the number with new Moto e5 play. It did not work with GV app on my Moto. When I use that number from another phone to reach this number. It went stranger, who has different number. I thought this number was messed up in the system. Via computer GV web, I tried to get an alternate number. I did not see an option there, so I deleted the existing one, by hoping GV will offer a new number.

It is not allowing to pick a new number. It is always shows my old number as available number. If I give another mobile number for verification, it throw the above error. The same ERROR showing for reclaim or new number route (picking same old number). I suspect my old number has an issue. I am not able to reach out to GV support either.

Thanks for looking into my issue.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    I tried the number with new Moto e5 play. It did not work with GV app on my Moto. When I use that number from another phone to reach this number. It went stranger, who has different number. I thought this number was messed up in the system. Via computer GV web, I tried to get an alternate number. I did not see an option there, so I deleted the existing one, by hoping GV will offer a new number.

It is not allowing to pick a new number. It is always shows my old number as available number. If I give another mobile number for verification, it throw the above error. The same ERROR showing for reclaim or new number route (picking same old number). I suspect my old number has an issue. I am not able to reach out to GV support either.

Thanks for looking into my issue.
    Has the mobile # you're using for verification ever been used for verifying any other GV #?

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Has the mobile # you're using for verification ever been used for verifying any other GV #?
    Thanks. I tried both already used in GV and not used in GV. Both result on same error.

After deleting the number, how do I get new number (different from old number)?

Thanks for your guidance.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I tried both already used in GV and not used in GV. Both result on same error.

After deleting the number, how do I get new number (different from old number)?

Thanks for your guidance.
    Well, now that we have a better idea of what's going on, GPz1100's earlier suggestion to create a new Google account and get a new GV # under that account is probably the way to go.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also, if you try to use the same number for multiple verifications in a short time period, it will lock that number out for some period of time. When I was testing my issue (gv vm thread), after 2 or 3 verifications (# added as a forwarding # to different gv accounts), I couldn't add it back to the original one until ~5 hours later.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    So, RIMDHoward, did you make any progress?

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for checking in. Your suggestion of getting new GV account work. I exhausted all my mobile numbers to use for verification.

I opened a thread in GV support forum. I will keep you posted , what I find about reclaiming the number.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Google has restricted the use of VoIP numbers as verification to obtain a new Google Voice number.

I exhausted all my mobile numbers to use for verification.

Will TEXTFREE number work for GV verification?

Are there ways to get TEMP number to use for GV verification?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Google has restricted the use of VoIP numbers as verification to obtain a new Google Voice number.

I exhausted all my mobile numbers to use for verification.

Will TEXTFREE number work for GV verification?

Are there ways to get TEMP number to use for GV verification?
    TextFree, usually no.

You can activate a temporary line on an MVNO such as PagePlus or H2O for $10 to use for GV verification.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You can activate a temporary line on an MVNO such as PagePlus or H2O for $10 to use for GV verification.
    That's the cheapest way I know of to do it if you don't have a friend with a cell phone or landline (like Comcast\Charter, etc) that you can temporarily use.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your replies.

I am wondering , why GV shy away from VOIP numbers. We find many land line operators/customers opted for VOIP based services, many mobile provides like Xfinity, freedompop etc based their services on VOIP.

WiFi based GV is again VOIP. Is it correct ?

If GV asking their users to find non voip mobile number for verification, it will be a hard proposition. GV users are relying on GV as an alternate to mobile plan.

Why is GV asking them to depend on traditional mobile plan to sign up for GV?

If GV is not liking VOIP based verification, why not provide an alternate option to get verification via email ?

Thanks for looking into our issues.

Feedback Score
    I believe you can receive a call with verification code on your landline also. Doesn't have to be a mobile line.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I did port my land line to GV to use OBITalk/Obi device. This an VOIP line instead of land line now.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^You can also (simultaneously) use the same gv on an android phone with the google voice app, though a computer using hangouts or google voice, and finally on a pbx (lots of headaches involved in setting up).

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    RIMDHoward, did you make any progress getting a new GV #?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast