Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.00 T-Zones Data, Part 2

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G7, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Speakout, Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't hink the moto g7 international has th bands, so gotta be careful.

Feedback Score
    I just saw online that the monthly cost for Preferred Android Unlimited has changed to $17, instead of $5, as it has been in the past and as recently as my last bill this past week. (T-mobile Web is still showing $6)

Anyone else see this jump in PAU?

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoozy View Post
    I just saw online that the monthly cost for Preferred Android Unlimited has changed to $17, instead of $5, as it has been in the past and as recently as my last bill this past week. (T-mobile Web is still showing $6)

That's weird, since PAU never cost $17 for anyone, AFAIK.

Originally it was $20, back in the day when T-Mo sold subsidized phones on two-year contracts. When T-Mo ended contracts and subsidies, they reduced the price of PAU to compensate subscribers for the loss in value from the inability to receive future handset subsidies. This was known at the time as "Bridge to Value". The idea was that all of us on old grandfathered plans from the days of phone subsidies would pay $15/month less per line (T-Mo's estimate of what a phone subsidy every two years was worth; about $360) until we moved to one of the new Simple Choice or Select Choice plans, whose lower pricing already reflected the lack of any equipment subsidies.

Since many of our grandfathered plans with the Bridge to Value discounts were cheaper than the new plans, many of us (myself included!) didn't see the value on the other side of the bridge and stayed on our grandfathered plans. (I eventually "crossed" about a year ago to get included Canadian high speed and international low speed roaming.)

So, I'm not sure where T-Mo got $17, unless maybe you've got a 15% corporate/govt discount if the old $20 rate? Definitely worth a call to CS to straighten it out.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoozy View Post

Recently, I added a new voice line to my account, and successfully added the "Preferred unlimited first phone web" for $5/month, alone with my other 4 lines with tzone ($2.99~$5.99).
    If you see "Preferred Android Unlimited" for $16, you might have $10 discount to bring it down it $6 eventually.

Sent from my LEX820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androided; 05-25-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    I have the international version of OnePlus 6T, T-zone is not working. T-zone works on my iphone and my t-mobile tablet sime does work in One plus
    LG V40 unlocked version (V405QA7) and LG G7 fit unlocked (LM-Q850QM) support T-zone.
    Both support Tmobile Volte and wifi calling out of box.
    LG G7 fit support band 66. LG V40 can get 66 and 71 band.

I got my G7 for $150 and V40 for $299 from BHvideos

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leepc View Post
    LG V40 unlocked version (V405QA7) and LG G7 fit unlocked (LM-Q850QM) support T-zone.
    No phone is officially supported for tzone.
    Even it works on tzone without support..and you should not expect to get support...
    Just smile without support.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androided; 06-22-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leepc View Post
    Both support Tmobile Volte and wifi calling out of box.
    LG G7 fit support band 66. LG V40 can get 66 and 71 band.

I got my G7 for $150 and V40 for $299 from BHvideos
    Thanks for the info. I have been using LG phones on T-Zone. So far, every non-T-Mobile branded LG phone works on T-Zones. So the cheaper alternatives are unlocked AT&T phones on eBay. They are used but usually in very good condition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have been using LG phones on T-Zone. So far, every non-T-Mobile branded LG phone works on T-Zones. So the cheaper alternatives are unlocked AT&T phones on eBay. They are used but usually in very good condition.

Without flashing a custom rom, unlocked ATT/Spring/Version phones can't get VoLte and Wifi Calling on T-Zone and may not support all T-mobile LTE bands.
    Unfortunately I can't find any custom rom for my unlocked ATT LG V10 and V20.

So if you need a brand new cheap phone that can get Wifi calling and VoLTE on T-zone and better T-mobile LTE coverage(up to band 66 but not 71) out of box, $150 G7 fit(LM-Q850QM) from BHVideo seems a pretty good deal.

V405QA7 is LG official unlocked V40 supporting Volte and Wifi calling on T-zone out of box.
    It costs a little more than G7 fit but covers all T-mobile bands including band 71 and has better performance.

A used unlocked ATT/Spring/Verizon V40(V405UA) is cheaper but again you can't get Wifi Calling and Volte on T-zone without crossflashing the V405QA7 rom. And that process may brick the phone ....
    If you are familiar with flashing rom and willing to take a risk, you can follow the tutorial below to convert V405UA to V405QA7.
    https://www.mylgphones.com/how-to-fl...-lgup.html?amp

Feedback Score
    So I just wanted to say my farewell's as I just changed my legacy grandfathered plan with 5 likes of $5 PAU BTV to Tmp magenta first responders plan. I was actually able to also keep my TMO digits with beta promo lines but required some work from t-force, executive response team from the president's office and a off line team. I maxed at 5 lines and needed to move my daughter off of Sprint as the free year deal ended and didn't want to pay $60 a month.

I also added 2 new lines and ported 2 in at Costco to take advantage of there $100 BYOD/BYOP Costco cash card rebate per line. Then I ordered 4 new phones, 2 iPhone SE at half off, 1 iPhone 11 for free with a trade in Sprint iPhone 8 I bought for $190 and a One Plus 8 for $350 with 50% off. I plan to now cancel 3 existing lines soon. Just waiting to see if I should wait till promo credits start rolling in or do it now.

I was paying $130 a month with taxes/fees because of living in a higher state IL. Plus no hotspot. Now I'll pay $120 for 6 lines with taxes/fees included. Plus 3 GB hotspot. The only thing I lose is HD streaming but I can add that with $15 a month per line that also comes with 20gb of hotspot. Thanks for the ride fellas but it was time.

Now I'm hoping maybe T-Mobile can give me a hookup discount each month but I doubt they'll do that because the first responders plan is already discounted.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    T68
    Feedback Score
    Are there any Huawei phones like the p30 pro or p40 pro or even xiaomi or other that works on Tzones and more US bands? I'm in Los Angeles. Anyone's using imported phones with limited US bands?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    I plan to now cancel 3 existing lines soon. Just waiting to see if I should wait till promo credits start rolling in or do it now.
    I would be careful with canceling the lines if you just added free lines. I thought you had to not cancel lines any lines for a year in order to keep added free lines. (T-Mobile wanted to prevent people from adding a free line and deleting a paid line.) I'm not saying that's what would happen in your case because you didn't give all of the details. But check it out first.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I would be careful with canceling the lines if you just added free lines. I thought you had to not cancel lines any lines for a year in order to keep added free lines. (T-Mobile wanted to prevent people from adding a free line and deleting a paid line.) I'm not saying that's what would happen in your case because you didn't give all of the details. But check it out first.
    Actually I didn't add any paid lines. I am just canceling preexisting lines after I added new lines from Promos. But I may try to get someone to take over 3 lines rather than cancel? I know a good few people I trust enough. Just need to think it all thru.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vwtoys View Post
    Are there any Huawei phones like the p30 pro or p40 pro or even xiaomi or other that works on Tzones and more US bands? I'm in Los Angeles. Anyone's using imported phones with limited US bands?
    Huawei phones work great on tzone generally...

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androided; 07-13-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Actually I didn't add any paid lines. I am just canceling preexisting lines after I added new lines from Promos. But I may try to get someone to take over 3 lines rather than cancel? I know a good few people I trust enough. Just need to think it all thru.

I think Jet is wisely cautioning you to read the terms of your promo agreement very carefully.

Whether it's "free line", "free phone", "buy one get one", etc., every T-Mo promo I've ever seen that adds lines in some way penalizes you for cancelling pre-existing lines during the promo. For example, if you're getting a "free phone" after bill credits for adding a new line, those credits will evaporate if you then cancel any line during the promo period, (and rightly so- it isn't fair to say "sure, I'll keep this new line, but then immediately cancel this other old line!" T-Mo's expectation is that in return for the free phone, you're paying them *extra* monthly fees for the promo period.)

Obviously, without more detail we don't know the rules of your deal, but as Jet says, check the terms carefully before you irretrievably ruin a good thing! Good luck!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Huawei phones work great on tzone generally...

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    just don't expect bands like 66 or 71 to be present. if that matters to you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast