Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Grandfathered $5.00 T-Zones Data, Part 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Wait I heard of $2.99 tzones but they actually had a $1.99 tzones? How many lines do you have on those and how long you been with T-Mobile?

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    I have 10 lines (5-line voice with t-zone, 5-line data) . I am with T-Mobile just for over 14 years.
    The t-zone was $0.99, $1.99, $2.99 and $5.99 overtime. I missed $0.99, but had all other price spreading around.

Sent from my huawei hma-al00 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    I have 10 lines (5-line voice with t-zone, 5-line data) . I am with T-Mobile just for over 14 years.
    The t-zone was $0.99, $1.99, $2.99 and $5.99 overtime. I missed $0.99, but had all other price spreading around.

So you have 5 lines on $1.99 & 2.99 tzones? What is your base plan then?

I used to have ft 500 n&w, 39.99 with BTV discount, $9.99 family unlimited Text SMS/MMS 3 $5 AAL & 5 $5 Pau BTV data lines, I used to have $5.99 t-zones.

I just recently switch to the magenta first responders plan which was actually like $5 to $10 cheaper with adding a 6th line for my daughter, since her free year at Sprint ended and I didn't want to pay Sprint $60 a month LoL. I also have 2 free digits with paired data beta promo mi lines, 2 free magenta tablet promo unlimited data mi lines and 1 free proxy mi line.

I actually added 4 new lines at Costco which allowed me to get 4 $100 cash card rebates and then bought 2 iPhone SE $200 off each promo for my 2 kids, a one plus 8 for $350 with 50% off for my wife and then a iPhone 11 128 GB with $700 off by trading in a Sprint iPhone 8 that I bought gently used on LetGo for $190. Lastly I bought myself a brand new sealed LG V60 paid off for $525 shipped off a fella on Reddit V60 sub that he did BOGO with T-Mobile. My 14 yo son is getting my gently used V30 that I bought on BOGO March 2018.

Now I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Tab S6 for 50% off with a new MI line for $25 a month. Unless I can get TMO to give me another free unlimited data MI line. It would be great but it's probably highly YMMV type of deal, in finding a rep who is willing to do it?

I also now have 3 existing extra unlimited talk, text and data with 3 gb hotspot lines that I'm not currently using and only use them now for extra TMO Tuesday Goodies. If I can find someone trust worthy I could allow them to take over those 3 lines and pay me $35-40 a month I would be golden.

TMO also has the deal where you can get a free Samsung A71 with trading in a iPhone 8 or Samsung S8 both can be bought locally in good condition for $160-200 ish.

To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    PAU needs discount thing , the discount could be broken at anytime when any changes in account...i prefer to avoid any hassle to talk with the idiot reps

It really isn't a "discount thing" anymore. PAU originally was $20 and the $15 BTV (Bridge to Value) discount made it $5.

Since subsidies are no longer around, the BTV discounts simply got "baked in" to all of the old BTV eligible plans and add-ons, so now PAU is simply $5.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    So you have 5 lines on $1.99 & 2.99 tzones? What is your base plan then?

I used to have ft 500 n&w, 39.99 with BTV discount, $9.99 family unlimited Text SMS/MMS 3 $5 AAL & 5 $5 Pau BTV data lines, I used to have $5.99 t-zones.

I just recently switch to the magenta first responders plan which was actually like $5 to $10 cheaper with adding a 6th line for my daughter, since her free year at Sprint ended and I didn't want to pay Sprint $60 a month LoL. I also have 2 free digits with paired data beta promo mi lines, 2 free magenta tablet promo unlimited data mi lines and 1 free proxy mi line.

I actually added 4 new lines at Costco which allowed me to get 4 $100 cash card rebates and then bought 2 iPhone SE $200 off each promo for my 2 kids, a one plus 8 for $350 with 50% off for my wife and then a iPhone 11 128 GB with $700 off by trading in a Sprint iPhone 8 that I bought gently used on LetGo for $190. Lastly I bought myself a brand new sealed LG V60 paid off for $525 shipped off a fella on Reddit V60 sub that he did BOGO with T-Mobile. My 14 yo son is getting my gently used V30 that I bought on BOGO March 2018.

Now I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Tab S6 for 50% off with a new MI line for $25 a month. Unless I can get TMO to give me another free unlimited data MI line. It would be great but it's probably highly YMMV type of deal, in finding a rep who is willing to do it?

I also now have 3 existing extra unlimited talk, text and data with 3 gb hotspot lines that I'm not currently using and only use them now for extra TMO Tuesday Goodies. If I can find someone trust worthy I could allow them to take over those 3 lines and pay me $35-40 a month I would be golden.

TMO also has the deal where you can get a free Samsung A71 with trading in a iPhone 8 or Samsung S8 both can be bought locally in good condition for $160-200 ish.

I am on family 1000 $49/month since 14 years ago with three voice lines , added tzone $1.99, $2.99, $5.99 around that years.
    I added another two voice lines earlier of the year with $5 (Preferred Unlimited Web) data to my old family 1000 plan to enjoy Costco "add a line to get $150 promotion".

Feedback Score
    I am on family 1000 $49/month since 14 years ago with three voice lines , added tzone $1.99, $2.99, $5.99 around that years.
    I added another two voice lines earlier of the year with $5 (Preferred Unlimited Web) data to my old family 1000 plan to enjoy Costco "add a line to get $150 promotion".

So is it $49 after or before $10 BTV discount? Do you have the 9.99 family text plan? I had 500 ft n&w $39.99 w/BTV discount. It's too bad you couldn't get TMO to give you $2.99 tzones instead of $5.99 on your 3rd line. What do you pay approximately in taxes and fees and your plan? I used to pay like $40 a month and taxes and fees because I guess the state of Illinois is a very high rate tax state.

Yeah the $150 Costco AAL BYOP/BYOD rebate deal was awesome. I only got $100 but it's better than the $50 that they used to do a few years ago. I believe they also did a $125 one too. I actually switched my last $5.99 tzones line to $5 Pau back in 2017 because at some point I figured I would be buying a T-Mobile phone and didn't want to worry about it not working.

I had to retire my unlocked at&t LG Optimus G Pro E980 as it was getting old. I used it tho for like 2-3 year's Tho. What's funny is I was able to login to my T-Mobile account and switch my plan online by myself to the preferred Android unlimited web. I don't know if that was just a system glitch or something but I did it while I had the chance before they closed that loop hole. but I probably could have got them to switch me to that same plan because I had four other lines on the same plan.

T-Mobile executive care actually gave me two or three lines on the $5 Pau bridge to value plan along with the 500 night and weekend plan for 39.99 when I had contacted them back in like 2013 or 2014. I used to have 84.99 my faves 1800 plan and before that it was Ft 1000 69.99 when we originally signed up back in like 2005 or 2006.

It definitely helps having tenure with T-Mobile to get sweet deals. So there was this fella on Slickdeals who had a similar set up Select Choice $50 Unl TT + D he was able to get free unlimited data on 3 lines normally $20 each.

Feedback Score

How many of your mi data lines are free and is it 6 gigabytes of data or unlimited? Do your other paid ones have just the $10 2GB plan or higher?

Edit: So are you able to add a 6th MI data line if you wanted to? I tried myself and it appears TMO wants a $25 deposit given back after a year with interest to do so.

Last edited by QkTreasures; 08-09-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Feedback Score
    So is it $49 after or before $10 BTV discount? Do you have the 9.99 family text plan? I had 500 ft n&w $39.99 w/BTV discount. It's too bad you couldn't get TMO to give you $2.99 tzones instead of $5.99 on your 3rd line. What do you pay approximately in taxes and fees and your plan? I used to pay like $40 a month and taxes and fees because I guess the state of Illinois is a very high rate tax state.

Yeah the $150 Costco AAL BYOP/BYOD rebate deal was awesome. I only got $100 but it's better than the $50 that they used to do a few years ago. I believe they also did a $125 one too. I actually switched my last $5.99 tzones line to $5 Pau back in 2017 because at some point I figured I would be buying a T-Mobile phone and didn't want to worry about it not working.

I had to retire my unlocked at&t LG Optimus G Pro E980 as it was getting old. I used it tho for like 2-3 year's Tho. What's funny is I was able to login to my T-Mobile account and switch my plan online by myself to the preferred Android unlimited web. I don't know if that was just a system glitch or something but I did it while I had the chance before they closed that loop hole. but I probably could have got them to switch me to that same plan because I had four other lines on the same plan.

T-Mobile executive care actually gave me two or three lines on the $5 Pau bridge to value plan along with the 500 night and weekend plan for 39.99 when I had contacted them back in like 2013 or 2014. I used to have 84.99 my faves 1800 plan and before that it was Ft 1000 69.99 when we originally signed up back in like 2005 or 2006.

It definitely helps having tenure with T-Mobile to get sweet deals. So there was this fella on Slickdeals who had a similar set up Select Choice $50 Unl TT + D he was able to get free unlimited data on 3 lines normally $20 each.

$49/month family 1000 before BTV. Few years ago, it became $39/month on the bill. The add-on lines (after two lines) became $4.99 from $10. The bad thing: the taxes went up to around $5 per voice line

Feedback Score
    $49/month family 1000 before BTV. Few years ago, it became $39/month on the bill. The add-on lines (after two lines) became $4.99 from $10. The bad thing: the taxes went up to around $5 per voice line

Yeah mine were $5 AAL, So if you don't have a texting plan, do you use an app or GV to text? Or do you just pay the price per text? I heard that some people actually had a 39.99 ft 500 with an additional $10 off BTV but I could never find anyone with that actual plan to give me the SOC code.

Feedback Score
    Yeah mine were $5 AAL, So if you don't have a texting plan, do you use an app or GV to text? Or do you just pay the price per text? I heard that some people actually had a 39.99 ft 500 with an additional $10 off BTV but I could never find anyone with that actual plan to give me the SOC code.

Yes, you are the man who shares our love and pain for tzone thing.
    The GV actually becomes daily phone call and texting tool.
    The BS grandfathered plan charges 20 cent per any incoming/outgoing message, I had to set to block all chargeable message . Nowadays, more and more online login needs MFA to send message for verification, most system detects and block GV/Textnow number from receiving text.
    For Costco AAL, when I put the SIM card in the phone, the T-Mobile immediately sent a message to push MMS setting every 2 minutes, I got charged for more than $60 for T-Mobile system message on first bill, just few days off the first billing cycle, T-Mobile billing system needs to take another full billing cycle to cure it's problem. I had to call the rep to get the bad txt charges corrected.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you are the man who shares our love and pain for tzone thing.
    The GV actually becomes daily phone call and texting tool.
    The BS grandfathered plan charges 20 cent per any incoming/outgoing message, I had to set to block all chargeable message . Nowadays, more and more online login needs MFA to send message for verification, most system detects and block GV/Textnow number from receiving text.
    For Costco AAL, when I put the SIM card in the phone, the T-Mobile immediately sent a message to push MMS setting every 2 minutes, I got charged for more than $60 for T-Mobile system message on first bill, just few days off the first billing cycle, T-Mobile billing system needs to take another full billing cycle to cure it's problem. I had to call the rep to get the bad txt charges corrected.

Yeah that's why we basically kept our 9.99 text plan. Plus my wife didn't want to deal with Google Voice BS LoL . So how you liking that Mate 20 phone your using? Does it work with all of TMO bands, especially 66 & 71? Does VoLTE and WiFi calling work out of the box?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8