Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.00 T-Zones Data, Part 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milli View Post
    Unless you are using a lot of data, there are cheaper plans available with MVNO providers. I wish I had done this sooner instead of hanging on to this plan which costed me more for my usage.
    I do use a lot of data and I am planning on staying with T-Mobile. However, I am open to changing plans if it costs the same or cheaper while having truly unlimited data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    My OnePlus N10 5G unlocked version works super great on t-zone.
    If your phone got unsell page, ask a fix IMEI service

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
    Can you explain more about the service that fixes IMEI?

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra (G Fi), iPhone 11 Pro (T-Mo),Samsung Galaxy S10, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonywynn View Post
    It's been a while since I posted in this thread. I just got an upsell message on my OnePlus 8 Pro (unlock version) as of a few hours ago.
    Hmm. Doesn't T-Mobile sell OnePlus 8's? So maybe this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that they finally got around to blocking their IMEI's.

I'm still hanging on to my plan, for some reason. It gives me an excuse to keep an iPhone, even though I'd rather use my my Note 20 Ultra (which is on Google-Fi) for everything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    Hmm. Doesn't T-Mobile sell OnePlus 8's? So maybe this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that they finally got around to blocking their IMEI's.

I'm still hanging on to my plan, for some reason. It gives me an excuse to keep an iPhone, even though I'd rather use my my Note 20 Ultra (which is on Google-Fi) for everything.
    Yes, the interesting part, T-Mobile keeps adding phone to the t-zone blocked list. But iPhone never has problem, good for fanboys

Last edited by Androided; 09-10-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    Yea, T-Mobile does sell the OnePlus 8, but not the Pro version. And I just put my SIM in my cousin's Samsung Fold 3 (unlocked US version), and it was immediately blocked. I haven't tried yet, but I think the AT&T version should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonywynn View Post
    And I just put my SIM in my cousin's Samsung Fold 3 (unlocked US version), and it was immediately blocked. I haven't tried yet, but I think the AT&T version should be fine.
    Yes, as you mentioned in an earlier post, T-Mobile has been blocking the unlocked Samsungs for a few years. Maybe the unlocked AT&T versions are the way to go.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra (G Fi), iPhone 11 Pro (T-Mo),Samsung Galaxy S10, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Yes, as you mentioned in an earlier post, T-Mobile has been blocking the unlocked Samsungs for a few years. Maybe the unlocked AT&T versions are the way to go.
    Only issue with that is, one might have a differing set of LTE bands. USA carriers...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    Only issue with that is, one might have a differing set of LTE bands. USA carriers...
    Yes, that's always a possibility.

Feedback Score
    Hi I have the old 700 family time plan with t-zone. I go to Mexico for vacation once or twice a year and want to see if I can somehow add coverage for Mexico without losing my grandfathered plan. I don't want to lose my grandfathered plan because I have 5 lines and unlimited data for about $110 after taxes. Any one has recent experience? Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyEgg1 View Post
    Hi I have the old 700 family time plan with t-zone. I go to Mexico for vacation once or twice a year and want to see if I can somehow add coverage for Mexico without losing my grandfathered plan. I don't want to lose my grandfathered plan because I have 5 lines and unlimited data for about $110 after taxes. Any one has recent experience? Much appreciated.
    You can't add free roaming without losing t-zone.
    You can simply add new data line with "on demand" data for free.
    Only when you need travel, you convert it to $10 or $15/5GB data plan (it has free roaming worldwide, high speed data in Canada/Mexico). You can change back to "on demand" plan immediately when you finish travel.

Feedback Score
    Only when you need travel, you convert it to $10 or $15/5GB data plan (it has free roaming worldwide, high speed data in Canada/Mexico). You can change back to "on demand" plan immediately when you finish travel.

Great idea!

Sent from my LM-V600 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score

Thanks for responding. (1) Would I be able to add this new data line with "on demand" data even though I've maxed out with five voice lines for my account? I haven't made any changes to my account in years because I was afraid the reps would take away t-zone accidentally or intentionally. So I'm a little nervous about making changes. Do I call T-Mobile rep to ask them to do this or can I do online at my Tmobile account?

(2) Also, i take it that this data line is the only option and I can't get a voice line? So I need some kind of WiFi hotspot to put the sim for the data line to use so that my phone can use that hotspot to get voice and text since my iphone has WiFi calling? Is that correct?

Thank You so much!!!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for responding. (1) Would I be able to add this new data line with "on demand" data even though I've maxed out with five voice lines for my account? I haven't made any changes to my account in years because I was afraid the reps would take away t-zone accidentally or intentionally. So I'm a little nervous about making changes. Do I call T-Mobile rep to ask them to do this or can I do online at my Tmobile account?

(2) Also, i take it that this data line is the only option and I can't get a voice line? So I need some kind of WiFi hotspot to put the sim for the data line to use so that my phone can use that hotspot to get voice and text since my iphone has WiFi calling? Is that correct?

Thank You so much!!!
    You could get a Simply Prepaid line for $40 and add the $5 Mexico and Canada Ulimited option to it:

"Expand your plan with Mexico & Canada Unlimited for only $5/mo more and get Unlimited Talk, Text & LTE data on your smartphone in the U.S., and unlimited data while traveling in Mexico and Canada, with up to 5GB at 4G LTE speeds. As a bonus, get unlimited text messaging in Mexico and Canada. "

Just put that SIM in your phone while you travel. You could forward your calls to the temp number or use the Digits apps on Wifi or Data to make and receive calls with your usual number.

Since it's prepaid, nothing would be affected on your postpaid account. Just cancel the plan when you return from Mexico.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You could get a Simply Prepaid line for $40 and add the $5 Mexico and Canada Ulimited option to it:

"Expand your plan with Mexico & Canada Unlimited for only $5/mo more and get Unlimited Talk, Text & LTE data on your smartphone in the U.S., and unlimited data while traveling in Mexico and Canada, with up to 5GB at 4G LTE speeds. As a bonus, get unlimited text messaging in Mexico and Canada. "

Just put that SIM in your phone while you travel. You could forward your calls to the temp number or use the Digits apps on Wifi or Data to make and receive calls with your usual number.

Since it's prepaid, nothing would be affected on your postpaid account. Just cancel the plan when you return from Mexico.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I think it'll be hard for my significant other to use the Digit app to make/receive calls and texts. I've never used it myself but i'm guess it's a little like google voice. But I was hoping to go with Androided's suggestion and get a data line. I was hoping to pop that in a wifi hotspot so that our iphones can get internet and thereby use Tmobile wifi calling feature.

BUt I haven't figured out how to add a data line to my grandfathered account without messing up my grandfathered account. I've googled and looked through this thread but haven't seen any info. Any suggestions please? Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    But I was hoping to go with Androided's suggestion and get a data line. I was hoping to pop that in a wifi hotspot so that our iphones can get internet and thereby use Tmobile wifi calling feature.
    Well they have prepaid data lines that you wouldn't need to add to your account:

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet

And the fine print at the bottom of the page says:

"U.S./Canada/Mexico use only for monthly recurring passes."

So it sounds like if you get a monthly plan and then cancel, it should work for that purpose.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast