Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: Grandfathered $5.00 T-Zones Data, Part 2

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is T-Mobile iPhone the only carrier branded phone that still works with T-Zones? Any T-Mobile (or non-T-Mobile) Android phones released after 2021 still confirmed to work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    Is T-Mobile iPhone the only carrier branded phone that still works with T-Zones? Any T-Mobile (or non-T-Mobile) Android phones released after 2021 still confirmed to work?
    No,
    There are plenty of Android phones (such as most non-US market brands phones) are still working with t-zone....
    that is why we are still using t-zone on Android, never use or want to use iPhone
    Last edited by Androided; 07-01-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra (G Fi), iPhone 11 Pro (T-Mo),Samsung Galaxy S10, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    No,
    There are plenty of Android phones (such as most non-US market brands phones) are still working with t-zone....
    that is why we are still using t-zone on Android, never use or want to use iPhone
    one caveat I'll mention is with an iPhone, you are guaranteed to get all the T-Mobile bands, with non-US market Android phones, there is a bit of a gamble there. While the int'l phones will likely still work, you might not get optimum coverage with the bands they have.

I used to be a fan of dual SIM Sony phones for T-Zones (from mostly Asian markets), but after my last one fried on a bad USB port in a hotel, I finally gave up and now use an iPhone for my T-Mobile account. My big Samsung Note 20 Ultra is on Google Fi since it's blocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    one caveat I'll mention is with an iPhone, you are guaranteed to get all the T-Mobile bands, with non-US market Android phones, there is a bit of a gamble there. While the int'l phones will likely still work, you might not get optimum coverage with the bands they have.

I used to be a fan of dual SIM Sony phones for T-Zones (from mostly Asian markets), but after my last one fried on a bad USB port in a hotel, I finally gave up and now use an iPhone for my T-Mobile account. My big Samsung Note 20 Ultra is on Google Fi since it's blocked.
    There is no gamble, as long as we can get first 10 digits IMEI number of the phone, I can almost immediately validate if it is compatible for t-zone or not.
    Nowadays , lot of phones are compatible with 4G/5G band B2/B4-B66/B12 (B71 is bit less possible) around the world.
    iPhone does not guarantee you have all all bands on T-Mobile USA ...

Many technologies are available to make your t-zone incompatible phone to become compatible ...
    Last edited by Androided; 07-03-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Many technologies are available to make your t-zone incompatible phone to become compatible ...
    Not sure what you mean by "many technologies", I only know of 1 way and it involves granting some strangers in the other end of the world to access my PC, install 3rd party software and doing witchcraft on my phone and potentially voiding its warranty.

Feedback Score
    Tax hikes on legacy plan...
    I don't know if other experiencing the same tax hike issue on grandfathered plan.
    the "taxes & fees" represents over 50% in my bill.
    Now I am thinking to switch the tax inclusive plan than stuck with my favored t-zone
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    I don't know if other experiencing the same tax hike issue on grandfathered plan.
    Now I am thinking to switch the tax inclusive plan than stuck with my favored t-zone
    Yes, they are taking advantage of a loophole that allows them to charge what they want for certain fees. So they're really making it tougher to keep the grandfathered plans.

Device(s)
    Xperia x10
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone use a US Xperia 1 on tzones? Debating on getting a 1 or 5 mark 4. Tired of using an iphone.

Feedback Score
    Hello grandfathered account friends!
    Do any of you have hotspot added on a Family Time plan? I’ve had FT1000 for over 15 years and have the max 5 voice lines on it.
    Hotspot used to work on my Pixel 3a, but it’s not working anymore on IPhone 13. T-force claims FT1000 does not have hotspot. Strange, as I used it for four years on the Pixel.
    Nowadays, the T-force reps don’t want to work with old plans and only try to upsell me to a new plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truematic View Post
    Hello grandfathered account friends!
    Do any of you have hotspot added on a Family Time plan? I’ve had FT1000 for over 15 years and have the max 5 voice lines on it.
    Hotspot used to work on my Pixel 3a, but it’s not working anymore on IPhone 13. T-force claims FT1000 does not have hotspot. Strange, as I used it for four years on the Pixel.
    Nowadays, the T-force reps don’t want to work with old plans and only try to upsell me to a new plan.
    I have been using it as hotspot for over 10 years with special setup ...

Feedback Score
    I have been using it as hotspot for over 10 years with special setup ...
    I’m all ears! Can you share your setup here or via DM?

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not seeing significant increase in fees. But I heard Texas passed a law that increased mobile phone tax big time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    I am not seeing significant increase in fees. But I heard Texas passed a law that increased mobile phone tax big time.
    It might be best to move to Metro for $100/4-line include tax to get off the ripping off....

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21