Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.00 T-Zones Data, Part 2

Device(s)
    T68i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    I have Nationwide Talk & Text w/T-Zones (~2003). I had used it on a bunch of Sony Xperia models until I partially fried my XZ2 last year on a bad USB outlet in a hotel. Now I'm using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730, Hong Kong). Works fine. Though this particular variant is missing some T-Mobile LTE bands (71 & 66) which kinda sucks, mostly in rural areas.

My biggest gripe with my plan these days is I'm unable to get international data passes anymore. they stopped making them available last year, even when I chat with a CSR. My 2nd slot Google Fi SIM is far superior for int'l data anyway.
    I have the same plan from 2002 Amazing it still works and I have OPO 6. But recently hotspot tethering stopped working though

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milli View Post
    I have the same plan from 2002 Amazing it still works and I have OPO 6. But recently hotspot tethering stopped working though
    Yeah my t-zones hotspot stopped working along with my $5 Android unlimited web bridge to value also stopped working

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Yeah my t-zones hotspot stopped working along with my $5 Android unlimited web bridge to value also stopped working

I use my t-zone as my hotspot everyday for 13 years.
    It still works fine.
    Just capture a gif for fun.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    I use my t-zone as my hotspot everyday for 13 years.
    It still works fine.
    Just capture a gif for fun.

Unless it's the TMO phone your using? Could be also maybe they now block on $5 PAU BTV and not $5.99 t-zones? I can't confirm that because I switched my final line from $5.99 t-zones to $5 Pau in like 2017 I think?

Feedback Score
    Unless it's the TMO phone your using? Could be also maybe they now block on $5 PAU BTV and not $5.99 t-zones? I can't confirm that because I switched my final line from $5.99 t-zones to $5 Pau in like 2017 I think?

I never use any T-Mobile branded phone for 10 years, last working tzone t-mobile branded phone was HTC HD2...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I never use any T-Mobile branded phone for 10 years, last working tzone t-mobile branded phone was HTC HD2...

But I even tried with an unbranded T-Mobile phone and they still managed to block my hotspot? Maybe they did something to my account? but anyways that HTC HD2 was one heck of a phone I rode it out up to Android 4.4 KitKat I believe. And then it got water damage and ruined. Best phone I ever spent $100 on.

Feedback Score
    So I got my phone bill yesterday and it was like $104 more. they changed my plan to the magenta first responders plan and backdated it to the beginning of my billing cycle which was great. but then they still charged me like a pro-rated $4 and some change for unlimited family messaging. And then they charged me $100 for preferred Android unlimited data on five of my lines.

Which actually normally was $5 each with the bridge to value discount but because they took away the family time 500 minute plan it automatically was charging me full price for each data plan $20 x 5 lines. But after reviewing my bill I realized I shouldn't have paid that at all because my new magenta plan covered all my lines for unlimited data and text messages. so a quick message to T-Mobile T force on Twitter and I had $104 credit and some change on my account within a matter of minutes.

Feedback Score
    But I even tried with an unbranded T-Mobile phone and they still managed to block my hotspot? Maybe they did something to my account? but anyways that HTC HD2 was one heck of a phone I rode it out up to Android 4.4 KitKat I believe. And then it got water damage and ruined. Best phone I ever spent $100 on.

Of course, the Hotspot feature is blocked in network level.
    You have use some tricks to fool T-Mobile's network tethering detection system, yes some works need to do

Feedback Score
    Of course, the Hotspot feature is blocked in network level.
    You have use some tricks to fool T-Mobile's network tethering detection system, yes some works need to do

Well I tried using this one app that I paid for on Google play root tether I believe? But the only thing is it wouldn't work right on my tablet because I wasn't using SuperSU, I was using the most current one that starts with an M but I can't spell its name. For whatever reason I couldn't get SuperSU to load or work on my tablet. And the other root system wouldn't work with the root tether app.

I would be interested & curious if you could possibly tell me some other methods that you know of? You could even private message me if you don't want to speak about it on this form. I currently get 3 gigs of hotspot on my new magenta first responders plan but it'd be nice to know of a trick or tip to use to get additional hotspot without paying for it.

my magenta unlimited data plan only has hotspot at 600 kilobits per second so that would be useful to.

Device(s)
    T68
    Feedback Score
    Well, crud. Got a Moto G Stylus unlocked just now and got the dreaded X under the LTE symbol. Then saw the upsell notification. So that means it's a no go.

What are my other options? Does the TCL 10 work? Or ZTE something?
    I need to find one with a half decent camera and good Tmo 4G coverage.

When people say iphones work for Tzones, does it mean any iphone in the last couple years? Whether it came from tmobile or not? I might have to suck it up and buy my wife an iphone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vwtoys View Post
    Well, crud. Got a Moto G Stylus unlocked just now and got the dreaded X under the LTE symbol. Then saw the upsell notification. So that means it's a no go.

When people say iphones work for Tzones, does it mean any iphone in the last couple years? Whether it came from tmobile or not? I might have to suck it up and buy my wife an iphone.
    Yes, if your phone shows up upsell notification. Your phone is on the tzone deadlist, you need to throw it away or do IMEI change to make it work. but LTE signal shoud show up as normal .

Owned many iPhones all worked on tzone

Sent from my huawei hma-al00 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

How many lines do you have and what is your base plan?

Device(s)
    T68
    Feedback Score
    How many lines do you have and what is your base plan?

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have just 2 lines. I have one with T-zones(Wife's), the other one is regular old plan 5GB data (dropped t-zones about the time when Nexus 5 came out. I still regret it.).

Trying to minimize spending because her small business has been greatly affected due to Covid and she is still paying the lease that's ending in a couple months. We're thinking about shutting down her business and move to online only.

Would the ZTE Axon 10 Pro from B&H work? It's a US bound model and has the main bands. My concern is 1) Would it work with t-zones? 2) VoLTE compatibility in Jan 2021.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._dual_sim.html

Device(s)
    T68
    Feedback Score
    Yes, if your phone shows up upsell notification. Your phone is on the tzone deadlist, you need to throw it away or do IMEI change to make it work. but LTE signal shoud show up as normal .

Owned many iPhones all worked on tzone

Sent from my huawei hma-al00 using Tapatalk
    I have no idea how to get the imei changed out on the moto g.

iPhone 11 64GB is 699, it's kinda expensive for such little storage.

Feedback Score
    I have no idea how to get the imei changed out on the moto g.

iPhone 11 64GB is 699, it's kinda expensive for such little storage.
    Most unlocked version LG phones are no problem.
    Moto phones some of them are in tzone blocklist.
    Imported Huawei, XiaoMi most are working fine.
    iPhones so far are working on tzone .

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast