Thread: Porting from tw to net10 vz

Feedback Score

Porting from tw to net10 vz

TW uses the iPhone imei as the account number. Will I be able to port to net 10 with the same imei or is it locked to TW?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to find a kind CSR on chat who will rebrand the phone from TW to N10 and initiate the port for you.
    It may take more than one chat to find that CSR. TW is Verizon so you may be allowed to reuse the same SIM.
    Verizon must OK any activations, so Tracfone requires the IMEI for Verizon to OK it.

Feedback Score
    Wow sounds like a royal PITA. I think I’ll risk frustration and use the call center for help on this one. I have 30 days left with TW. I purchased the 1year $240 sim from ebay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    Wow sounds like a royal PITA. I think I’ll risk frustration and use the call center for help on this one.
    A couple years ago you could not do anything between the Tracfone companies. No re-branding, SIM portability, etc. Once you activated a branded phone that was it. You should appreciate the improvements!

Feedback Score
    I’m not sure I understand what you’re referring to as I don’t have a “branded iPhone”. I’m using the BYOD option and I want to know how I can port to Net 10 using the same imei.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    I’m not sure I understand what you’re referring to as I don’t have a “branded iPhone”. I’m using the BYOD option and I want to know how I can port to Net 10 using the same imei.
    You must have activated it with Verizon service for them to have asked for the IMEI. At least that is true with Tracfone.
    They "brand" the IMEI or the SIM serial number in their system so you will not be allowed to use another sister companies airtime on it. For a long time, their system had no method of changing the branding to allow using another sister companies airtime from then on.

Feedback Score
    I understand now Thank You

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You must have activated it with Verizon service for them to have asked for the IMEI. At least that is true with Tracfone.
    They "brand" the IMEI or the SIM serial number in their system so you will not be allowed to use another sister companies airtime on it. For a long time, their system had no method of changing the branding to allow using another sister companies airtime from then on.
    So does that mean you'd just need to get a new sim to activate on another Tracfone co. ? And port to keep your number.
    Kind of confused with some of the comments, sorry. What is the current policy?
    Talking for unlocked unbranded BYOPs.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    So does that mean you'd just need to get a new sim to activate on another Tracfone co. ? And port to keep your number.
    Kind of confused with some of the comments, sorry. What is the current policy?
    Talking for unlocked unbranded BYOPs.
    I`m guessing they now have both the IMEI and SIM in their system.
    So you would have to get it rebranded or swap in any already activated Tracfone sister company SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I`m guessing they now have both the IMEI and SIM in their system.
    So you would have to get it rebranded or swap in any already activated Tracfone sister company SIM.
    Even on unlocked/unbranded BYOPs ?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Even on unlocked/unbranded BYOPs ?
    I do not believe BYOPs are branded any longer. If still branded they seem to now have a method to un-brand them.
    Success may depend on the CSR. Using the automated system may be the best route.
    We really need to hear from someone with recent experience to be absolutely sure.

Feedback Score
    I think I got messed up on this today. I tried changing the same iPhone from a VZW tracfone sim to an ATT tracfone sim, and then back to a different (new) VZW tracfone sim. The online activation tool let me make the first swap, but not the second. Online chat with two different Tracfone reps, and they both said my iPhone was only for ATT and it was not compatible with Verizon. LOL. It was a Verizon phone from a Verizon store, and it had a Verizon based tracfone sim in it yesterday. Much more to the story than this, but I will just say that my phone is still non-functional.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've heard of little horror stories like that switching from VZW to ATT TF sims, I pray my VZW E5 bundle isn't hard to switch to, then a day later switch back to a new ATT BYOP sim to just harvest the yearly service from the e5 bundle

Feedback Score
    Received this message:

Hi. This is Alex from NET10 Wireless.

Let us check your Total Wireless account so we can determine if it is possible to re-brand it to NET10 Wireless, and still keep the same phone number.

For us to better address your concern, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2lFFpmo, call Customer Service at 1-866-663-3633, or text the word Help to short code 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Mondays to Sundays from 08:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

1st I did a chat and was told I can't keep me current TW phone when porting to Net 10
    2nd called customer service they said I can keep me TW phone number to Net 10
    I swear this happens every time with Tracfone branded companies. What a bunch of losers.